++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-16-2003, 03:37 PM   #46
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: It does sound pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? Are you getting the idea now that we are all under the impression that your wish for an apology that will suit you is also becoming ridiculous to the rest of us?

Now you're obscuring the discussion. I never said Scott had to issue a specific statement before "I'd be satisfied." All I've ever said is that an apology should be made.

This is not unreasonable or ridiculous. I fail to understand some of you people. The notion that no apology should be made is ridiculous... why is that so hard for you to stomach?

Quote: We are all fairly certain, IMO, that no apology from Stapp will be good enough for you. Just food for thought.
An apology is all I've ever sought. If you have your own pre-conceptions about me, there's not much I can do about them unless you're willing to listen.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 03:44 PM   #47
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Don't you guys see what we are doing? I was so hoping all this wouldn't spread out into the news. It could make it worse for Scott's state of mind, and the band as a whole. The news could be coming from our BB! We could be giving them amunition. I'll say it again. I was at the concert. It sucked. Let it go, let Creed go if you have to. We could be making Creed suffer more. Is that what we want?
Old 01-16-2003, 03:45 PM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No one is saying he shouldn't apologize. We're simply being realistic about what you consider the *bare minimum*. That's a subjective desire. Everyone has different ideas about what the bare minimum should be. It has nothing to do with us trying lower our standards of decency so that we can feel better about or accept better what Scott did. That's a ridiculous assertion, IMO. I think you overestimate the importance of the supposed fan/Creed relationship. Believe what you will, that is your right. I believe you will never be satisfied. It's about the music, not the musicians.
Old 01-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #49
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I think it has every right to be in the news. What Scott did was undeniably wrong, and yes I can say that as a huge Creed fan.

Right: Scott goes on the radio and shows Chicago fans that he respects them and acknowledges what happened was wrong.

Wrong: he blows all the fans off and makes excuses or says nothing.

Who in their right mind would say the second way is the right way?

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #50
Kim V.
USER INFO »
This bickering back and forth is getting absolutely NOWHERE!! Why don't we all just calm down, wait to see what happens tomorrow on the radio show, and take it from there (or not take it anywhere, as it's not our place!) There is no pleasing some people, and the more one person keeps reduntantly posting the same stuff, and then someone responds to it, they've done their job - antagonizing you!! Don't respond, and when they see they've gotten no reaction, maybe they'd stop! Some people are like little kids who constantly tease certain other kids because they know it'll get a reaction out of them. Stop reacting, and be the mature one. Put them on IGNORE. Let's stop this ridiculous thread and keep the peace here!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER! -- Scott Stapp

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #51
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: We're simply being realistic about what you consider the *bare minimum*.

Well let me ask you guys, then; what do you consider the bare minimum? From what I hear, many of you would be satisfied with no apology at all.

No apology at all = nothing.

That equates to zero expectation of decency.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #52
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Love one another. I am for peace? Who else?
Old 01-16-2003, 03:59 PM   #53
velocityidp
USER INFO »
crest... don't worry about it. I don't think anyone is mad here. At least I'm not. I think this is a valid discussion about expectations of decency. I think at this point it's trascended the Scott issue.

There's nothing wrong with a good debate, so long as everyone is acting maturely reasonably.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 04:06 PM   #54
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
Well let me ask you guys, then; what do you consider the bare minimum? From what I hear, many of you would be satisfied with no apology at all.  

It's not a question of being satisfied. It's a question of being realistic in the world we live in, that's all. It doesn't mean we wouldn't be disappointed at his not apologizing. I would be, but it's still not enough for me turn away from their music.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:11 PM   #55
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: It's not a question of being satisfied. It's a question of being realistic in the world we live in, that's all. It doesn't mean we wouldn't be disappointed at his not apologizing.

So, in other words, you have no opinion? What do *you* think is right?

Quote: I would be, but it's still not enough for me turn away from their music.
I'm not going to turn away from their music because of this, either. But it has already affected the way I see Scott. I already knew he is falliable like us all, but from what happens tomorrow, one can get a pretty good idea of weather he values fans above dollar signs. And that is important to many Creed fans -- probably you too.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I've been told by many on this board that I don't deserve to have an opinion because I wasn't there. But since you asked...This is what I have said before on this issue: Had I been there, I would have been more upset seeing him use alcohol or drugs or whatever to deal with whatever pain he is. It's like watching a friend go through a meltdown and feeling helpless. I would have been more concerned about his welfare than getting my money back. I would have been very disappointed in the show given that I have seen them four times and had an excellent time at each show. I would have been grateful to the rest of the band for trying to finish out the show rather than pack it in as I have seen other bands do in similar situations.

In an ideal world, the right thing for Scott to do would be to apologize; I think we all agree on that. But we don't live in an ideal world. What I'm trying to say, and apparently I've done a poor job of trying, is that I don't think it's going to happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if it doesn't, and that I will continue to be a fan and enjoy their music. I also have said I think people should accept what happened, regardless of whether he apologizes, and move on. It's over, he's human, get over it.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #57
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
What If: you were in Scott's place
Your wife is a drunk, abusive, commits adultrey and tells you this to your face.
You have the world in the palm of your hand, but your heart is breaking and your being torn apart by family, media, and fans. And if it's true that Scott has lost custody of Jagger. Fast forward to Dec 29th and you have concert to do, and all you do is come out drunk, be thankful Scott is still alive, some people have taken their life for alot less. I'm just trying to paint a picture for you that this is tremendous amount of stress, I don't think I could handle it without drinking.
And then two days later put on the best show of your life. I'll say that it shows love for his band,fans, family and the media which fuels him.I believe things happen for a reason, this maybe simply to help Scott grow and to learn, life is a book of knowledge and we read the pages everyday.I believe that Scott will get through this , I also believe Creed will
grow together as a family . Creed will weather this storm, encourage them don't degrade them, you never know when you could be the next Scott Stapp so just give love to all, and do not judge, were not put on this earth to judge as the Bible says...Love One Another.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #58
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Well said Dogstar.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #59
Peege
USER INFO »
Interview w/Creed on Q101

Mancow is on from 5:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from the looks of the website, you will probably be able to download the interview after it is over. I can not find this station on my RealJukeBox.

Is the steroid he is taking for his vocal cords possibly making him do weird things? I will be interested in listening to this tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:13 PM   #60
Marty
USER INFO »
I all along thought it was that drug, not him being drunk.

If someone will make it downloadable, or show where I can download it tomorrow, please say so!
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.