++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #31
Marty
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My two bits:
I wasn't at the show, so I can't say. But if I remember correctly, when Ozzy Osbourne bit off the head of that bird...did anyone like him less? I'm sure many did, but I don't remember anyone but the record company complaing about a apology.

All I'm saying is, and? It was a day or so before New Years. Besides, many people there were probably to high to tell he was. If you weren't there, what do you care?

Its really hard to be a famous person when everyone wants you to be perfect, things like this doesn't help.

But as I said, I wasn't there.
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #32
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: I personally don't expect anything from him, I was not subjected to this show.
I can understand that. But I'd only ask that you try to understand how people who were there feel. I would ask that from Scott as well.

Quote: But I do know that I don't hold any standards on him, he is a rock musician I have no idea what he is like personally nor do you!
This is exactly why I continue to discuss this topic. Why in the world would you lower the standards of decency just because he's a rock musician? That's just simply illogical. One should not tolerate different amounts of indecency from different people. Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Quote: Sometimes if you set expectaions on people you don't know you are bound to get let down!
So why not lower the expectations of decency to zero? Then nobody will ever let you down. Doesn't that strike you as ridiculous? It seems to me you're lowering those standards of common decency just to feel better about how Scott has handled this situation so far.

Quote: But after seeing the "kind" of person I think he is, well...... you will just have to wait and see, I bet he won't let you down.

I agree, we dont know what's going through his head about this, but we'll find out tomorrow. I hope he takes the right course and does the right thing.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 12:57 PM   #33
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
I really cannot believe that this topic is still being brought up like this!!! I highly think that he is NOT going to appologize for what happened that night because I am sure that his lawyers are briefing him on what to say and what not to say!!!!! They (meaning everyone who is responsible for putting the show on) could get multi law suits!!!! You cant expect to much from what he is going to say. Unfourtunatly, he probably will NOT be allowed to speak from his heart on this matter. His record label, the lawyers, everyone will be putting the two cents in on how to handle it. I am sure that it is really out of his hands!!!!!! And wont be able to say what he really wants!!!! We live in a sue happy society now, everyone wants their hands in the money. Someone will hear an apology and will sue them to get their money back, and then it is a domino effect from there!!!! So don't expect to much at all!!Time heals all wounds!!!! Please forgive him even if he can't say it!!!
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-16-2003, 01:04 PM   #34
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Unfourtunatly, he probably will NOT be allowed to speak from his heart on this matter. His record label, the lawyers, everyone will be putting the two cents in on how to handle it. I am sure that it is really out of his hands!!!!!! And wont be able to say what he really wants!!!! We live in a sue happy society now
Again, this is just another mechanism that some of you are pre-deploying to make yourself feel better about what Scott might not do.

Apologies of this sort have no bearing on a potential lawsuit. One cannot successfully sue a Band for putting on a show that did not meet the expectations of a fan. Think about it.

I suggest you put that "Scott is being held down by his lawyers" crutch down.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 01:15 PM   #35
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>Again, this is just another mechanism that some of you are pre-deploying to make yourself feel better about what Scott might not do.

Apologies of this sort have no bearing on a potential lawsuit. One cannot successfully sue a Band for putting on a show that did not meet the expectations of a fan. Think about it.

I suggest you put that "Scott is being held down by his lawyers" crutch down. </b>

Make my self feel better over what? I am just facing reality!!Its reality!!!!!!!First of all apologies admit fault!!!!! Anyone can sue anyone for anything!!! Do you watch the news and hear of the silly law suits that people think of????? I work at a doctors office and believe me, If you can find a lawyer willing to take your case. Some one will sue because they want the money back or they now have mental anguish for seeing someone drunk!
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #36
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: But if I remember correctly, when Ozzy Osbourne bit off the head of that bird...did anyone like him less? I'm sure many did, but I don't remember anyone but the record company complaing about a apology.

Well, first of all it was a dead bat that a fan threw up on stage. Ozzy thought it was rubber and didn't know it was real, from what I understand.

But it doesn't matter. It doesn't show disrespect for fans. Showing up drunk in front of paying fans and subjecting them to drunken escapades does.

Now, what happened has happened, and fans like me can forgive and forget.... if there is a willingness to reciprocate.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #37
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Hey that didnt work like I thought!!!! my response it mixed in there with yours
Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #38
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
$$$$$$$

I want my $$$$ back or an apology because this thread ruined my day.....lol ...and im probably gonna talk about it for a couple of weeks too. Until everyones so sick of me and my comments they will go get drunk and ruin someone elses life as well!!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #39
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
To state: I was at the Chicago concert.

It was VERY upsetting. I am over it. It happened over this last week. What helps is to really listen to the good times, put your CD on and close your eyes. Don't think of this concert. Think of how you feel when you listen to the music. I watched the VH1 concert yesterday from the first concert they did on the Weathered tour, and it made me feel great! I will go back to another concert. I actually can not wait until that happens!

As for the lawyer bit. I believe Scott knows he messed up. I'm sure Mark, Scott and Brett made sure of that. But really, think, if he said sorry, how many people in the audience (notice I did not say fans) would say, I want my money back. The Allstate would sue. It's the American way, sad to say.

Find it in your heart to try to forgive him. He knows as well as you he made a mistake.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #40
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Kudos to you crest tatoo!! Are you getting snow there in Chicago?
Old 01-16-2003, 01:28 PM   #41
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I'm not in Chicago. I'm in southern Wisconsin. We have no snow, and it sucks! I love snow. Not crazy about the 3 degree weather though.
Old 01-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #42
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp: &nbsp;
I agree, we dont know what's going through his head about this, but we'll find out tomorrow. I hope he takes the right course and does the right thing.
The right thing by whose standards? If he doesn't say exactly what you want to hear, will we have to be subjected to 4 more weeks of boo-hooing over Scott not apologizing the right way?

Quote: Originally posted by whocares:
I want my $$$$ back or an apology because this thread ruined my day.....lol ...and im probably gonna talk about it for a couple of weeks too. Until everyones so sick of me and my comments they will go get drunk and ruin someone elses life as well!!!!
I agree, this thread just brought me completely down, I don't think I can ever post here on this bb again without being reminded of what an awful thread this has been. I demand an apology by the author of this thread, an apology from Steve for being the administrator of the bb, my money back from AOL for giving me the internet access to access this bb and this God-awful thread in the first place. Who else can I sue or whine about or demand and apology from??

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-16-2003, 03:23 PM   #43
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: The right thing by whose standards?
So in other words you don't think he owes fans at the Chicago concert an apology? Is an apology ever warranted in your mind? Holy cow...

I think this thread has become more about lowering standards of simple decency more than anything else. I fail to see why some of you are so intent on excusing any and all types of behavior without a second thought, just because it had been purpotrated by a "rock star."

Quote: I demand an apology by the author of this thread, an apology from Steve for being the administrator of the bb, my money back from AOL for giving me the internet access to access this bb
Oh give me a break... I hope you're not serious about that being a valid point.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #44
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It does sound pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? Are you getting the idea now that we are all under the impression that your wish for an apology that will suit you is also becoming ridiculous to the rest of us? We are all fairly certain, IMO, that no apology from Stapp will be good enough for you. Just food for thought.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #45
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Guys, guys, guys. How about we all remember why we are here. We are all supposed to be suporters of the band, through the good and bad. What would Scott and Mark say if they got on this thread? We are NOT here to fight out their battles with Chicago or their inner battles. Whoever said it's time to be positive? Get to it!!