++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How did you come to like Creed?

I've never seen a thread for this so thought I'd start one up.

How did all of you come to like/love CREED?

For me, this is how it happened.

I was sitting at home one day when there was no school, watching VH1 like always and this video came on. It was called "What If" by this band CREED that I had never heard of. I watched it and was completly captivated. "This song rocks!" I said. The next day I was talking to my friend John, who said he'd heard some of their music and really enjoyed it. He told me of this other song they had called Higher, and long story short, it became my favorite song. About 2 days later I was able to go and by their album Human Clay. I listened to it almost non-stop and within a day or two memorized every word of every song. About two or three days later, WAWO was released as a single.

I was in 10th grade in High School then, now I am a college freshman. Throughout that whole time, Creed has been my favorite band and I've acquired MOP, Maximum Creed, Weathered, and other stuff I've bought off of E-Bay. The only other thing I want and have been searching for is the coveted Blue Collar Records release of My Own Prison.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 04-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
Marty
USER INFO »
Hehe, these threads pop up every couple months. I made one when I joined.

Well mine is very similar to yours. I heard this song on the Top 40 station called "Higher" it was a pretty awesome song. I liked it, so I recorded it on my cassette tape to listen to. About a week later WAWO came out. From the first note, to the solo, to the lyrics of this song, I was hooked. For Christmas I got Human Clay, and got Weathered soon thereafter (when it was released). I later borrowed MOP from a friend, and realized that I had heard My Own Prison and Torn on the radio before. (When I got Human Clay, I realized I had heard What If too) but didnt know it was them. Needless to say I am a big fan. I missed their Human Clay tour, and missed their show here in Dallas (by $5). I plan to be first in line when the come here again.
________
Electronic Cigarette

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
yeah this thread comes about sometimes but we are willing to tell...

What made me like Creed was back in early '98 and when I heard My Own Prison on a local alternative station..
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
the first creed song i have heard was Higher...i loved Scotty's voice...so rich and deep..then i listened to HC..and i was already a huge Creed fan
Old 04-22-2003, 07:35 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »
I heard my friends talking about this band called Creed. I had never heard of them before. I wasn't really into modern music but then one Saturday morning I saw the video for "My Sacrifice." Wow. I was floored. The guitars were just so heavy and yet uplifting. I had never heard a voice like Scott's before. And Flip's beats were terrific. Plus, I was amazed at the visual concepts in the video. I fell in love with the song and soon bought Weathered. I immediately snagged copies of MOP and HC. And the rest is history.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:59 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Mine is a similar story. I heard Creed on the radio for the first time in the first few months of 2002. Higher was playing on the radio and between Scott's voice, the lyrics and the music I knew I had to find out who this was that I just heard, it was the best music I'd heard in a long time. I've been a fan ever since and always will be!

Welcome to the board, Higher_Desire!! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Relearn Love
Old 04-22-2003, 08:43 PM   #7
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
MOP... it hit me like a brick wall when I heard it. I was hooked ever since.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:49 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
long history, long history...
Old 04-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #9
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I borrowed my brothers MOP cd and then after that I was hooked! I totally related to the lyrics and I love Scott's voice. Plus it has a very positive message
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #10
JenRN
USER INFO »
Back in 1997 I first heard Creed driving through Pittsburgh, I was blown away and immediatley went to the nearest store to by the Cd and it was not even out yet! I have been hooked ever since, a REAL junkie!:P

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-22-2003, 11:33 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I was pregnant in 1999 when I first heard WAWO on a soap opera and I was hooked. That song meant so much to me because of the life I was carrying inside my body. (by the way, the little monster in my avatar was inside my belly when I first heard WAWO). Meet Amanda, she's 3.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #12
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Hahahaha I'm olny 14...I'm from Stockholm, Sweden, EU so....Creed is couait big here now....I sow the advertising of the Human Clay CD.....And I think Stapp were SOO cool....I down lode Sister and With Arms Wide Open from the internet.....I think it was REALY cool....so I by the CD....Creed became very quick me BIG, BIG GODS!!!!! I started to down lode some My Own Prison songs from the internet and soon I by My Own Prison 2....and than I by Weathered on the relise day....Did you know that the relise day in EU was November 19?? Yeah, course I'm sour! I know it shound strange, but that's the way it is!! Anyway....Here we are....Now I'm the BIIIIIGGEST Creed fan in whole Sweden!!

Creed Out!
Lithium!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-23-2003, 12:49 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I heard Higher, then WAWO and loved them, went to the concert on the HC tour in Oct. of 2000, had a good time, then I heard MS and I was FLOORED, rockin' song, and I had my brother burn it for me, then when I heard OLB, I had to have the entire Weathered CD, so I bought it, listened from beginning to end and went to the show on 9-22-02 and after that I was HOOKED. I went the next day and bought HC and MOP and listened non stop, after hearing the other songs on the CD's I realized I had heard the other songs before, but were unaware of who it was at the time and the fact that I always lived in Arkansas where they radio sucks and they never hardly ever played anything good. I have been hooked ever since. I have everything I can possibly get my hands on Creed wise and I will support them all the way.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Have you a membership on CreedINK? I have....I'm platunum.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 04-23-2003, 01:31 PM   #15
marlsy
USER INFO »
well my husband used to work out to Human Clay everyday so I heard it, but never really listened to the lyrics until my husband told me to listen to Higher and I was floored by the lyrics!!! His voice was so deep and sexy, the type of rock was so awsome!! I was hooked ever since, couldn't get enough of them, and still can't!! The lyrics of the songs get to me the most!! Not to mention I am a rocknroll girl so the music was already awsome in my book, but the lyrics, WOW is all I can say!!