++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #151
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:27 PM   #152
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right on, Titan.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #153
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

completly agree. i dont think stapp sounded bad, maybe the best performance after Creed area...but the band sounded awefuly bad. Noone can replace Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall anyway.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #154
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, you are right. No one can really replace Tremonti, Phillips or Marshall. But, if Stapp is going to perform Creed songs on tour, he needs to at least have a band that can play the songs decently. I can honestly say that, if I practiced Higher enough(and I am a novice at Guitar, by the way) and thoroughly worked on it, I could have at least performed it decently. Not as good as Tremonti, but at least a decent performance GoneBlind's performance of it stunk.........and they're professional musicians!

Old 04-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #155
Trimontana
USER INFO »
yep. you see, when Marshall (one can be as good as Marshall) was replaced by Brett even i wasnt happy cos he left, i though he did a great job as a bassist. now i suppose that stapp will have a decent band when he starts turing tho. cos i cant really image a crappy band playing such a awesome songs. it would be like destroy a Picasso paint....ooohhh i dont wanna image it, lol.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #156
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, agreed. He better have a good band backing him, or else the concerts won't be as good as they could be. Stapp vocals + decent backing band=Awesome concert. All Stapp needs to do is get a good band in there and he'll be fine. He has the connections to get a good band, so I don't see why he couldn't do that. We'll see, though.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:58 AM   #157
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) maybe the best performance after Creed area...
well..... yeah.... you've got that and the God Bless America in game 4 of the world series

Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #158
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??
Old 04-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #159
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??

You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:31 PM   #160
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign.

Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #161
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.

lol i thought so
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 AM   #162
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

I have to agree. I just bought the scott stapp greatest hits cd (I mean Creed), and I then downloaded the nascar performance. That band sucked big time comparatively. If you get a decent band behind Scott, it is "almost" like Creed again.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #163
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
then AB shouldn't do other peoples songs either? enough said!

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 10-06-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #164
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign.
I didn't say I thought they were trying to suck. Just that they didn't intend to sound like the original since they are not the original band.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:02 AM   #165
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) but the band he will be touring with will not include tremonti, flip, marshall, or even hestla. I have no problem with him singing it, and if he wants to learn how to play the guitar, fine, but having another band play creed this soon after the breakup is disrepectful, and tacky, IMO. It would be the same thing as Myles Kennedy singing WAWO or MS.
myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!