++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #16
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 PM   #17
morethantheimag
USER INFO »
Scott is human, people! Not an image!

Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:04 AM   #18
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by morethantheimag) Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.

Very well stated Amen!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 AM   #19
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.
ditto!
Old 10-07-2004, 10:32 AM   #20
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
I think it's hilarious for someone to say "for every 1 person that hates Stapp, there are probably 10 more that love him.."

ROFL!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:58 AM   #21
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #22
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
I am still ROFL! Because it's funny!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #23
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by kariyanine) hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.

Yeah I'm a little confused by that also. And how true your last statement is!
________
YAMAHA VIRAGO 750
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, we do try to keep a lid on the name-calling here. It's fine to debate, but name-calling is unnecessary.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #25
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Just because I listened and decided I don't like AB's music doesn't mean I don't support them...I do wish them luck. But I'm not gonna buy music I don't like simply because THEY made it.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:21 PM   #26
jbjfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.

i know what you mean! it's made me angry too! thats one of the reasons i satyed away from some sites is becasue they feel the need to blame scott for everything that went wrong. it's hard when the man you've looked up to since you were 8 years old is getting such a tough break!

Ron White
Old 10-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #27
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #28
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it.

If you support AB you will listen to their music and maybe go to a concert. Thats how you support a band. Supporting the band means you support what kind of music they are putting out their, you are not. When you start liking the music and buying the cd etc, you are supporting the band.

And i hope they don't change the music just to get support of former fans like you.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:51 AM   #29
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by StillACreedFan) I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

And thats what you think, when i first heard creed i liked tremonti's badass guitar riffs better. Just depends who you ask, don't asume just because you think it everybody else thinks the same way.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:55 AM   #30
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Weathered was an the third album by creed, one day remains is a debut by alter bridge. There is no way you can compare the two.