++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
AB III Fan Review

One lucky fan (Donny) got to hear some of AB III last night. Here is his quick review...

Quote: "So to some up what I heard, in one word...

Holy fucking shit it was awesome!! Sorry, one word just couldn't do it.

Now unfortunately I heard the album with a room full of people, including mark. So there was talking, plus me being in awe that I'm sitting next to Mark Tremonti talking to him! But anyway..

Isolation - First song I heard, and BAM! it kicks u in the face! It's heavy as hell, if I had to describe it, I would say it sounds like Come To Life on steroids. Heavier, faster, more solos/licks, double time drums. I felt like I was listening to sevendust or slipknot. It was THAT HEAVY. I knew this album was heavier, but I had no idea it would be that heavy. And of course, Myles sounds great, but I feel like he's taken it to another level.

The next song I heard was slip into the void, which mark said is going to be the first song on the album... This is definitely a big spoiler coming up, so I'm warning you, turn away now if you don't want to know.

Still here? Ok, So Slip into the void starts off with this very cool, trippy KEYBOARD line, for a good part of the song. Mark said it's the first and only time they used keys in AB and it sounds sick!!! If I had to describe it, I would say it's almost got that eerie pink floyd vibe that you get from Dark side of the moon, but then BAM! you get hit with some of Mark's signature heavy blackbird-esk riffs when you don't expect it. Best part about this album, and especially in this song and Isolation, are the leads. From what I heard, there's a lot more Find the Real time smaller leads in between parts, like Find the Real, except heavier and more awesomer (yes I just said awesomer). Also, In slip into the void the FIRST solo, I asked Mark, so this is you right? and His answer, "No, that's Myles." On blackbird, you can tell when it's Myles or Mark, but this time Myles is SHREDDING to the point that if Mark didn't tell me himself, I wouldn't of believed that it wasn't Mark playing that lead.

Overall, it's heavy, really, amazingly, a lot more than blackbird, but yet still melodically heavy. I felt like this was the album they've always wanted to make. There is 0% similarities between this album and full circle, or creed. It's shocking that it's still the same band, but if I didn't know any better, I wouldn't believe those were the same guys. And Myles really seems like he's taken the singing style back to his roots. It's got that raw, edgy vibe like from the MF4 days, especially like sick and wrong. I've been feeling that a lot on this album. Ok, sorry guys but I have to go now, but I'll leave you with this one last piece. This album flows. It's truely and album in every sense of the word. The songs fit into each other so well and they feel placed together to the point that it would be wrong to not listen to the album all the way through."

You can read his whole story over on ABB.net... he actually met Mark at his workplace & he gave him backstage passes and the whole nine yards. Very cool.

http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/vi...hp?f=1&t=25909
http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/vi...5813&start=160

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: AB III Fan Review

Can't wait.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

A little more info:

Quote: "Sorry guys, I don't have too much more to say. There was a lot going on at once, and it was hard to focus on too much. All I can say is that show me a sign it AWESOME!! It starts off acoustic, kinda mid tempo, and builds up into one hell of a heavy ass power ballad blackbird like song. I think that song has like two or three solos.

All Hope Is Gone is straight up heavy, no it doesn't sound like slipknot, yes it does sound like sevendust. This song is just straight up in ur face heavy iron maiden type metal.

Hope, the B side, Mark said will most likely end up as a Best Buy b-side or something like that in the future, so hold told, everyone will probably end up hearing all 17 songs eventually. The song itself was the softest of all the songs. Had an upbeat mid tempo down to my last meets before tomorrow comes type of song.

Overall, again, HEAVY album. I think I'm dying to hear the album more now that I got a preview of it. It's like a tease of a drug. They give u a sample, take it away from u, and you get hooked. I'm dying to hear the whole album even more than before.

Sorry guys, I couldn't really remember any lyrics, I was too focused on the music, lol. All I can say is that I hope Isolation is the single and it comes out soon because it is a bad ass heavy song with a cool, catchy chorus that I know everyone will get pumped for. And if you really want to get ready for this album, I'd say listen to sevendust's alpha, and slipknot's Vol. 3 album, musically, I've been hearing a lot of that heavy fast melodic style on this album.

October can't come fast enough!!!"

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Isolation, now heading toward, to be the first RELEASE, but at this point i would,nt still RULE, Darker Than Their Wings, For The First Single, But Like, Mark Said, We Will Just Have To Wait And See What Happens, ........ ROCK ON, The Best Still Yet To Come, ROCK, On AB NATION, PEACE BE WITH US In Jesus Name, Missed Ya,s
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

I cannot wait for this album to drop. I'm seriously gonna be foaming at the mouth over it lol.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I cannot wait for this album to drop. I'm seriously gonna be foaming at the mouth over it lol.
i know it man i done picked own my own gift wrap, nobody can please one better than yourselve, a gurantee you wont hurt anyones feelings, or need a exchange or refund right ? there is a lot of fuss, but this album is a masterpiece to go unto another masterpiece, And a lot of HARD WORK, has went into it, and this album, is a mark Of a turning point in our lifes, its AB 3......... ....
Old 09-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #7
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »

I want the album now =/
Old 09-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
AB = Rock Gods
USER INFO »

Man I got so pumped reading that. Cheers thanks for posting.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »

That Lucky bastard.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) That Lucky bastard.
our day my friend is a coming.... .....