++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-27-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Years Eve Philly Roll Call!

Ok everyone! I know we have plenty of threads going already on this topic but I had to start another one. We only have 4 days left till Philly! :band: :chic: Who all is going? When are you getting there? How are you preparing for the nasty rainy weather that is being predicted? Which door are you lining up at?

My sister and I will be there bright and early. I am hoping to get there by 9am. I am bringing a sleeping bag in case it’s not raining and a Boom box with plenty of Creed Cd’s of course, (including BCR version). If it’s raining then I guess it will be just our rain gear and us. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-27-2002, 11:11 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hi Tantraess!! I will be there, but I won't be showing up until later in the day (I have to work). I'll be wearing my Fire Dept. jacket (hopefully it won't rain until we are safely tucked away on the floor of the Spectrum!) Not sure which door they'll be letting us in yet.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-27-2002, 11:54 PM   #3
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Hey guy's our plane arrives in Philadelphia Monday night around 11:30 from there we are staying at the Holiday Inn at 10th and Packer. I was told it was by the Spectrum thats why we're staying there, don't want to get lost. We are making a week of it almost, we come back home to Nashville Thursday night. NO kids for almost a week. Can you guy's give us some information on where to go and what to do?
Old 12-28-2002, 12:06 AM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'll be there, too...Still working on what time I'm getting there, though, it will be early I'm sure.

Mr. TN, that's cool that you are making a week of it...I live in Philly and there is lots to do. If you are into museums, there are plenty, including the Art Museum, which includes the famous Rocky steps. People run up and down them the way Stallone did in the movie. It's hilarious to watch. The art museum is really cool, though.

There also is the historic district, which includes Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. Be prepared to be searched, though. Ever since 9/11 there is a new procedure. You have to go the visitor's center across from the Liberty Bell to get tickets (I think it's free, though, you just have to have the tickets). The visitor's center also is a cool building in its own right. It just opened last year and earlier this year it displayed one of the original copies of the Magna Carta. Not sure if it's still there, though.

There also is tons of shopping especially on Walnut and Chestnut Streets. Those two streets are full of shops and chain stores.

Also, there is the New Jersey State Aquarium, which is just over the bridge into Camden. I'm not sure if they are still running the ferry that you can pick up at Penns Landing. It's quick (about 10 minutes) and a lot easier traffic-wise than driving. It's a decent-size aquarium.

Also, South Street is fun just to people-watch, eat and shop. There are some unusual stores there. A very good used bookstore whose name escapes me at the moment. I can find out though.

If you like sporting events, the Sixers and Flyers might be in town. I can check their schedules to see if they will be playing at home next week.

If you like walking, bike riding or rollerblading, you can do this along a four-mile paved stretch along Kelly Drive, which hugs the Schuylkill River. It's near the art museum and it's quite a nice ride/walk.

I hope that helps. The hotel probably will have some info, too.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:36 AM   #5
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Quote: I'll be wearing my Fire Dept. jacket
That will be easy to spot.
Quote: I'll be there, too...Still working on what time I'm getting there, though, it will be early I'm sure.  
If we get there first just look for the two females with a boom box , freezing their butts off.
Quote: Can you guy's give us some information on where to go and what to do?
That's what I want to know....which door is everyone going to be at? We do want to make sure that all us Creedfeeder's meet up don't we?
Old 12-28-2002, 03:39 AM   #6
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Dogstar,

Hey, I will be driving from the Baltimore airport to the Park Hyatt in Philly, which they tell me is a 10 minute cab ride to the First Union Center. If you could ,please tell me how long that drive should take at 7:00 P.M. and if you know what the area is like where my hotel is. The hotel site says it is right by the Liberty Bell and other tourist attractions. Thank you and hope the boys play for 3 hours that night!

Jeff
Old 12-28-2002, 11:14 AM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
CreedJeff, if the Park Hyatt is near the Liberty Bell, that's a decent section of the city. The 10-minute ride might be a tad longer given what traffic there might be on a big holiday. Depends on which way the cabbie goes. He could go the highway, which is likely because if he goes down Broad Street, which runs right to the First Union Center, the Spectrum and the rest of the sports complex, that's a pain-in-the-butt ride because there are a lot of lights. The highway can be jammed, though, too, so 10 minutes might be a little ambitious. I would say no more than 20 minutes, though, again, it depends on traffic.
I'll check the exact address of the Hyatt and edit this if need be.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:58 PM   #8
shane
USER INFO »
Does anyone know what seating chart to use. I am trying to purchase tickets and they are telling me what is left is General admission tickets and Section 309?
Old 12-28-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
CreedJeff
USER INFO »
Hello again Philly residents,
Would someone be able to tell me how long the drive should be from the Baltimore Airport to Philly. Keep in mind I will be making this drive starting at 6:30 P.M. on New Years Eve. I am hoping to get to the venue by 9:00 P.M. Thank you, and we will see you there!

Jeff
Old 12-28-2002, 03:59 PM   #10
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedJeff
Hello again Philly residents,
Would someone be able to tell me how long the drive should be from the Baltimore Airport to Philly. Keep in mind I will be making this drive starting at 6:30 P.M. on New Years Eve. I am hoping to get to the venue by 9:00 P.M. Thank you, and we will see you there!

Jeff

Are you talking about BWI in Baltimore? If so then you have about 1 3/4 - 2hrs drive.

Too bad your flight didn't get in earlier. I live in Baltimore. You could ride up with me. But I plan on leaving at 7-7:30am.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:59 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by shane
Does anyone know what seating chart to use.  I am trying to purchase tickets and they are telling me what is left is General admission tickets and Section 309?
If you are looking at the Seating Chart for the Spectrum, look at Endstage Concerts.

Old 12-28-2002, 09:46 PM   #12
shane
USER INFO »
Thanks. I could not believe the prices of tickets for the BonJovi concert 285.00 to 835.00 Wow.... How much did everyone pay for Creed tickets. They have general admission tickets for 85.00 are those good tickets?
Old 12-28-2002, 09:49 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
General Admission tickets are floor tickets. They are good if you're close to the stage. They suck if your too far back or if you're too short to see over the hundreds of people in front of you.

Where are you seeing Bon Jovi tickets for that much? Ticketmaster has them at the First Union and at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall all for under $85. Not sure where you're looking.

Old 12-28-2002, 09:52 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
Holy smokes it actually costs that much to go to see Bon Jovi? I spent a pretty penny for my Creed tickets but the $$ went to WAWO foundation so I really did not mind! I really wish I could go with you all next week

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-28-2002, 09:53 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No Jen, I'm not sure where shane's looking but TM doesn't have them that expensive.