++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #61
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.

There is no doubt about how their chemistry led to their success, but many factors play a role in a bands success, creed may have not reached the hight they did if they were to form today, you never know. What Im saying is that its really stupid to give stapp any credit for the music on creed, yes he has a good voice and some of his lyrics are really good, but as far as the music Im sure it was all tremonti, mayve after a while he learned something or 2 and then started influencing.

And yes, if I have ever given credit to scott for the music, i have made a mistake, i admit, im sorry.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #62
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) ... get off your knees and stop slobin' on Alter Bridge's knob. Scott could donate a million dollars to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and you would still say that.

Exactly, you can't buy everything with money. If stapp donates all his money to a charity there is no need to mention that if he does its more because of the publicity than doing good. If stapp releases a statement and appologizes for his behaviour that would do him much more good than donating millions.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #63
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Exactly, you can't buy everything with money. If stapp donates all his money to a charity there is no need to mention that if he does its more because of the publicity than doing good. If stapp releases a statement and appologizes for his behaviour that would do him much more good than donating millions.

Loving your words, man
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #64
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Loving your words, man

You love the fact that he thinks saying "I'm sorry for getting drunk" is better than donating money to a disaster stricken region of chaos? This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys would still criticize the man for doing anything beneficial. Sorry, but in this country... money speaks louder than words. Donating money to a charity benefits more people than him saying "I'm sorry I offended the people who already hate me." There are people who are more important than Creed fans and the Stapp haters. Stapp has donated a lot of time and money in creating a charity for underprivilaged children. Yet... because the man has some flaws... that means that he's not capable of redemption or doing anything right for the rest of his life.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #65
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You love the fact that he thinks saying "I'm sorry for getting drunk" is better than donating money to a disaster stricken region of chaos? This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys would still criticize the man for doing anything beneficial. Sorry, but in this country... money speaks louder than words. Donating money to a charity benefits more people than him saying "I'm sorry I offended the people who already hate me." There are people who are more important than Creed fans and the Stapp haters. Stapp has donated a lot of time and money in creating a charity for underprivilaged children. Yet... because the man has some flaws... that means that he's not capable of redemption or doing anything right for the rest of his life.

Geez, Chase...you misunderstood completely my words. But ill explain to you, First Im a Creed fan and also a Stapp fan which means i love his songs, and I hope his career can be sucessful...but I cant stand his behaviour, hey, Im not judging Stapp (I cant do that!) right? And its very good that he has this conscience and donate dolars to the needy. I can congratulate him for that. But do you think that after coming drunk on tv this guy can solve this giving dolars?
Its the same of saying that we can do anything imoral cause we can solve this with MONEY??? Is this your point, Chase?
I still his fan but i cant close my eyes to his acts...and I dont think its okay, I dont think its funny promote a cd when you are drunk ...
Of course he is capable of redemption...everyone is...
And honestly, Chase dont u feel yourself disappointed with his latest examples of imaturity? Hes 32 years old now...when will he grow-up?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #66
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You love the fact that he thinks saying "I'm sorry for getting drunk" is better than donating money to a disaster stricken region of chaos? This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys would still criticize the man for doing anything beneficial. Sorry, but in this country... money speaks louder than words. Donating money to a charity benefits more people than him saying "I'm sorry I offended the people who already hate me." There are people who are more important than Creed fans and the Stapp haters. Stapp has donated a lot of time and money in creating a charity for underprivilaged children. Yet... because the man has some flaws... that means that he's not capable of redemption or doing anything right for the rest of his life.

Chase yea you didnt seem to understand us, let me set an example for you.

learning 2+2 is good but learning how to solve double integrals is much better. But that doesnt mean that you should learn double integrals before you learn 2+2. Same for stapp, he has to solve his own issue and save hisself from the whole hes digging for his self before saving others. How could some one possibly worry about others in terms of donations when theyve screwed all their own friends and the people around them. I dont buy that shit.

And yes you do see people donating millions and millions but very few of them are really "GOOD PEOPLE" and do it from their hearts, its mostly because of tax reasons and publicity so dont buy anything you hear on CNN man. If someone trully wants to save others he keeps it to himself, its no ones business and me and you should not worry about who donates and how much, if you think its a good thing you can always donate yourself: www.redcross.com
Old 12-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #67
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Geez, Chase...you misunderstood completely my words. But ill explain to you, First Im a Creed fan and also a Stapp fan which means i love his songs, and I hope his career can be sucessful...but I cant stand his behaviour, hey, Im not judging Stapp (I cant do that!) right? And its very good that he has this conscience and donate dolars to the needy. I can congratulate him for that. But do you think that after coming drunk on tv this guy can solve this giving dolars?
Its the same of saying that we can do anything imoral cause we can solve this with MONEY??? Is this your point, Chase?
I still his fan but i cant close my eyes to his acts...and I dont think its okay, I dont think its funny promote a cd when you are drunk ...
Of course he is capable of redemption...everyone is...
And honestly, Chase dont u feel yourself disappointed with his latest examples of imaturity? Hes 32 years old now...when will he grow-up?

You guys are assuming that if he was to donate money to hurricane victims, he would only be doing it to win over people... instead of doing out of the goodness of his heart. That's sad that you guys would assume that of him... or anyone for that matter. Immorality comes in different degrees. Stapp showed up on T.V. drunk... he didn't commit murder. I mean, I don't find if funny that Jim Morrison exposed himself on stage, or that Gene Simmons has slept with probably thousands of women. If you guys think Stapp is crazy... then you don't know what the epitome of a wild rock star is. Look at the whole picture. Stapp has been given shit from people ever since Creed's popularity skyrocketed. First he too Christian, then he's too "immoral." No matter what he does... he's wrong. Hey, I don't think it was the best thing for him to show up drunk on T.V. But you know what? Howard Stern is now the highest paid entertainer on the planet... and he does (and says) stuff that is far worse than what Stapp has ever said publicly. You guys keep using Stapp as a scapegoat. I'm disappointed in some of his actions, sure... but I also realize that the man has good in his heart and that it's not my place to judge him to the fullest extent.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #68
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Chase yea you didnt seem to understand us, let me set an example for you.

learning 2+2 is good but learning how to solve double integrals is much better. But that doesnt mean that you should learn double integrals before you learn 2+2. Same for stapp, he has to solve his own issue and save hisself from the whole hes digging for his self before saving others. How could some one possibly worry about others in terms of donations when theyve screwed all their own friends and the people around them. I dont buy that shit.

And yes you do see people donating millions and millions but very few of them are really "GOOD PEOPLE" and do it from their hearts, its mostly because of tax reasons and publicity so dont buy anything you hear on CNN man. If someone trully wants to save others he keeps it to himself, its no ones business and me and you should not worry about who donates and how much, if you think its a good thing you can always donate yourself: www.redcross.com

He "screwed over" all of his own friends and people around him now? Wow... I'm not going to ask for proof because we all know that you don't have any. First off, I don't watch CNN... and secondly even if someone is donating money for publicity... that's still better than that money NOT GETTING THERE. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted to save others... but I'm pretty sure that it was a good thing that didn't keep it to himself.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #69
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) He "screwed over" all of his own friends and people around him now? Wow... I'm not going to ask for proof because we all know that you don't have any. First off, I don't watch CNN... and secondly even if someone is donating money for publicity... that's still better than that money NOT GETTING THERE. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted to save others... but I'm pretty sure that it was a good thing that didn't keep it to himself.

Now your comparing martin luther king with scott stapp. man your really out of it, do you have a drinking problem yourself?. Whenever i reply to any of your posts It goes on my nerve as to how stupid you are so I will not read them nor respond any further because you dont even seem to listen or consider what people have to say. were debating not fighting man. If you dont have anything to say dont say it rather than coming up with any BS that comes to your mind.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #70
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You guys are assuming that if he was to donate money to hurricane victims, he would only be doing it to win over people... instead of doing out of the goodness of his heart. That's sad that you guys would assume that of him... or anyone for that matter. Immorality comes in different degrees. Stapp showed up on T.V. drunk... he didn't commit murder. I mean, I don't find if funny that Jim Morrison exposed himself on stage, or that Gene Simmons has slept with probably thousands of women. If you guys think Stapp is crazy... then you don't know what the epitome of a wild rock star is. Look at the whole picture. Stapp has been given shit from people ever since Creed's popularity skyrocketed. First he too Christian, then he's too "immoral." No matter what he does... he's wrong. Hey, I don't think it was the best thing for him to show up drunk on T.V. But you know what? Howard Stern is now the highest paid entertainer on the planet... and he does (and says) stuff that is far worse than what Stapp has ever said publicly. You guys keep using Stapp as a scapegoat. I'm disappointed in some of his actions, sure... but I also realize that the man has good in his heart and that it's not my place to judge him to the fullest extent.

When ur not used to seeing ur favorite celebrity acting they way that they do, and they were warned time and time again by the fans, the fans tend to get sick and tired of defending them, because they were there b4 trying to defend him, and sometimes it just gets so bad that the fans say, enough is enough. As for Howard, he had people pulling the plug on him cause he was to blunt, but the fans (which I am a fan of his show) are used to it, he's been doing this for god knows how long. He doesn't sugar coat. Stapp on the other hand, we have to sometimes catch Stapp off guard in order to see the REAL Stapp, and that's not good.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #71
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Now your comparing martin luther king with scott stapp. man your really out of it, do you have a drinking problem yourself?. Whenever i reply to any of your posts It goes on my nerve as to how stupid you are so I will not read them nor respond any further because you dont even seem to listen or consider what people have to say. were debating not fighting man. If you dont have anything to say dont say it rather than coming up with any BS that comes to your mind.

It's easy to recognize a person who's losing a debate once they start personally attacking their opponent. You told me that people who want to save other people keep it to themselves. I responded by telling you that it was a good thing that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a man who wanted to save all people from oppression, did not keep his opinions to himself. History will show you that what he did was not, in fact, B.S. You used a mathematics analogy, and I used one that surrounded around a historical figure. That's like me going "Oh now you're comparing integrals to Scott Stapp!" You and I both know that I'm not comparing Stapp to King. It's called an analogy. Analogies are defined as being examples use to show "similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar."
Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #72
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You guys are assuming that if he was to donate money to hurricane victims, he would only be doing it to win over people... instead of doing out of the goodness of his heart. That's sad that you guys would assume that of him... or anyone for that matter. Immorality comes in different degrees. Stapp showed up on T.V. drunk... he didn't commit murder. I mean, I don't find if funny that Jim Morrison exposed himself on stage, or that Gene Simmons has slept with probably thousands of women. If you guys think Stapp is crazy... then you don't know what the epitome of a wild rock star is. Look at the whole picture. Stapp has been given shit from people ever since Creed's popularity skyrocketed. First he too Christian, then he's too "immoral." No matter what he does... he's wrong. Hey, I don't think it was the best thing for him to show up drunk on T.V. But you know what? Howard Stern is now the highest paid entertainer on the planet... and he does (and says) stuff that is far worse than what Stapp has ever said publicly. You guys keep using Stapp as a scapegoat. I'm disappointed in some of his actions, sure... but I also realize that the man has good in his heart and that it's not my place to judge him to the fullest extent.

Chase, you're still misunderstanding my posts...
But okay, lets try again...

1) I dont think Stapp is crazy...just imature
2) i dont care about Gene Simmons or Jim Morrison, but let me ask u this : would you do something wrong just because you arent the only one??? Is this ?
3) I dont think Stapp is a scapegoat. He did a lot of crap stuff, hes not an inocent man. He has antecedents.
4) Im not saying hes not good in his heart. I sincerely hope he is cause he has a child to raise.
5) Not all rock-stars acts this way.This is not an acceptable excuse for him to use.
6)0 showing up drunk on tv when his cs was released on the prevoius week is not only wrong but extremely disrespectful, iresponsible and disappointing with alot of people who wait for this , people who believe in him, in his talent....btw, Im not sure if Stapp still believe in himself...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #73
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) When ur not used to seeing ur favorite celebrity acting they way that they do, and they were warned time and time again by the fans, the fans tend to get sick and tired of defending them, because they were there b4 trying to defend him, and sometimes it just gets so bad that the fans say, enough is enough. As for Howard, he had people pulling the plug on him cause he was to blunt, but the fans (which I am a fan of his show) are used to it, he's been doing this for god knows how long. He doesn't sugar coat. Stapp on the other hand, we have to sometimes catch Stapp off guard in order to see the REAL Stapp, and that's not good.

Yes... Stern verbally harassing female guests on his show isn't sugar coating. In Howard's case... him having a show in which he does not attempt to annoy and offend would, I suppose, catch us all of guard.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #74
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yes... Stern verbally harassing female guests on his show isn't sugar coating. In Howard's case... him having a show in which he does not attempt to annoy and offend would, I suppose, catch us all of guard.

That's the whole point of Howard, u like it or u don't. U don't, ur free to change the channel. He tells like it is. Like it or not.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #75
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Chase, you're still misunderstanding my posts...
But okay, lets try again...

1) I dont think Stapp is crazy...just imature
2) i dont care about Gene Simmons or Jim Morrison, but let me ask u this : would you do something wrong just because you arent the only one??? Is this ?
3) I dont think Stapp is a scapegoat. He did a lot of crap stuff, hes not an inocent man. He has antecedents.
4) Im not saying hes not good in his heart. I sincerely hope he is cause he has a child to raise.
5) Not all rock-stars acts this way.This is not an acceptable excuse for him to use.
6)0 showing up drunk on tv when his cs was released on the prevoius week is not only wrong but extremely disrespectful, iresponsible and disappointing with alot of people who wait for this , people who believe in him, in his talent....btw, Im not sure if Stapp still believe in himself...

This is most confident Stapp has ever been. It's apparent in every interview he gives... and I think that's one of the reasons why he's acting the way he is. I'm not saying that he's doing is okay because other people do it... what I'm saying is... when put into context, Scott's actions are extremely minimal. Everyone has antecedents... and preceding occurrences.

I remember this board being basically split between the people who are truely "offended" and with those people who really don't care about what he does in his personal life. I, for one, find it hilarious that the people that have criticizing him since the break-up of Creed (and the emegence of Alter Bridge) are all of sudden so disappointed, distraught, and offended that he showed up drunk to promote his new C.D. One would think that the averge Stapp detractor would be thrilled by these actions.