++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #91
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Exactly what Dogstar said. The whole "point" of the instrumental song is to have some fun with their guitars. If Myles was showing off, then what do you say about Mark when he shreds?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #92
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) OKay well i watched the Ahava tobaco salad clip wateva its called and he was starting to get annoying the way he was playing guitar, it was showing off big time.. I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics
LOLL. thats the ulitmate.
Again, in your opinion, he annoyed you. That doesn't mean he's more of a show off than Stapp. It just means in your OPINION he is. In MY opinion, watching Mark and Myles in that video going back and forth, having a blast playing the song, was enjoyable to watch.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 AM   #93
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) DI-TTO! I used to be a stapp fan back when I was a huge Creed fanatic and even then his crucifixion poses got annoying considering he did them constantly in concert.

Allow me to input a few pictures and a video as well to make it all that much easier to see Myles enthusiasm on the stage.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0809.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0768.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0880.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...3/IMG_0752.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...twerp/f3bf.jpg

Here's a video of FTR performance at the Download Festival in the UK.

http://www.abbmedia.net/Alter_Bridge...U mAnClAy.zip

damn...uh, nice work Sarah...LOL...

Quote: Myles' humble, have greate stage precens, a greate voice (taste), great tech, "feels the lyrics" (taste), and can sing with no problem (not taste)...

yup

Quote: I certainly don't have the depth or grasp of musical knowledge the way evyll does.

not true, but thank you for saying so, Alicia...

Quote: evylsummer you are awesome... your understanding of vocalists astounds and amazes me... I didn't know anyone was that RIGHT about anything, lol

thank you for saying that, man, I appreciate that...I just have a capacious memory and an obsession with music (particularly singers) that is akin to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (and you think THAT'S bad, you should hear me go off about FILM, LOL)...I was just trying to provide some perspective...I don't mean to come down so hard on Stapp, because, you know, it's all about what you dig, but I'm just of the opinion that Myles is one of the greatest singers ever because he seems to be the vocal equivalent of the "greatest hits" of all the singers that I love...I'm just expressing my opinion, but I KNOW what I like...

Quote: pssssssttt...gotta keep comments like that on the DL, otherwise his head's gonna swell like a balloon again.

Quote: Don't encourage him. lol

I'm afraid the ladies are probably right...coincidentally enough, though, both those ladies, along with Summergirl, are QUITE capable of smacking me back down to earth...kinda stings, too...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #94
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Myles is more of a show of than Stapp, without offending anybody he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar I dont like his image, it doesnt suit Tremo, Flip, or Brian. HIs taking the whole rockstar thing too far, end of the day our makers gone away..

Its EXACTLY the opposite. I mean if you switched the words stapp and myles in the above statement it would then start to make sense.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #95
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Its EXACTLY the opposite. I mean if you switched the words stapp and myles in the above statement it would then start to make sense.

I thought that, too...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 AM   #96
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Well... On the AHAVO RABO TACO SALLAD video Mark was a bit ill so he couldn't give it his fullest, but he tryed... So Myles worked for both of them!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #97
Jez
USER INFO »
To the original poster of this thread: Please seek professional help. Your obsession with the now defunct band, Creed, is very unhealthy. Seriously...I'm worried about you.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 12-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #98
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) To the original poster of this thread: Please seek professional help. Your obsession with the now defunct band, Creed, is very unhealthy. Seriously...I'm worried about you.

and y is that?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #99
Vliegs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) and y is that?

Well the proof is in the pudding here with your own admission below.

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Look, ill lay it all down for yous, I love Creed everysingle member and every itsy bit of them, and I cant stand the fact that they broke up. NOw i like AB yes "LIKE" BUT if u told me to build a bridge and get over creed I couldnt do it, i seriusly just cant hack it that there not around, i think I need therapy or sumthing.

And in response to this....

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics
LOLL. thats the ulitmate.

I can strum the secondary chords for don't stop dancing and I haven't touched a guitar in 3 years since I worked at guitar center. That's not a really big accomplishment. If Scott could play the WHOLE song by himself then I'd be a tad bit more impressed and might have an inkling to start believing his claims that he wrote all of the music for Creed. If you think that's the ultimate accomplishment in guitar mastery...then I suggest checking out clips from Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Muddy Waters and BB King. You'll have your socks blown off by their guitar playing.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:53 AM   #100
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Jez, we've allready told Gelt not to do any personal attacks, so I would belive that includes you...

Gelt, Stapp aint that good of a player...
"thats the ulitmate." where have you been living? Under some rock (nothing personal just an expretion), look up those guys that Vliegs talked about... And check up Myles playing if you come with the argument "but he's a singer not a guitarist!!!"
Old 12-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #101
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Jez, we've allready told Gelt not to do any personal attacks, so I would belive that includes you...

Gelt, Stapp aint that good of a player...
"thats the ulitmate." where have you been living? Under some rock (nothing personal just an expretion), look up those guys that Vliegs talked about... And check up Myles playing if you come with the argument "but he's a singer not a guitarist!!!"

HAHAH NO NO NO, I was been sarcastic hahaha, i pllay guitar aswell man i can nearly do the Open your eyes solo, lol I was been sarcastic about stapp strumming the chords, lol in a sarcastic way it was the ultimate, lol dont worry i know about guitar believe u me.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #102
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
^In a sarcastic way it was the ultimate?

We have had dumber Myles bashers before, we have had less grammatically correct Stapp lovers before, but I don't think I have EVER seen either that makes SO LITTLE SENSE...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #103
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ^In a sarcastic way it was the ultimate?

We have had dumber Myles bashers before, we have had less grammatically correct Stapp lovers before, but I don't think I have EVER seen either that makes SO LITTLE SENSE...

theres a first time for everything.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #104
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
eh, it's all good...express yourself, man...
Old 12-14-2005, 06:57 AM   #105
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
*Falls down on the floor, roling around, getting up but being pushed back by your words* Man, did I think you were stupid!