++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #16
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) How do you promote your album while playing poker in brief 1 or 2 minute between segments while one of the hosts is asking questions that have nothing to do with The Great Divide? Rock isn't a gentleman's game.

If that's the case, why do we have late night talk shows? How do you promote a movie in a brief 5 minute interview with Leno when they talk about personal life for 90% of the interview? He's making appearances to get his name out there so people become aware he has a record out. It's a promotions game. The point is to get his name out there. If he wants to make himself look like an ass, hey so be it. Doesn't bother me one bit.

If he didn't go on the show to promote his album, then he wouldn't have been scheduled to be on the show. Notice how many times Steve Schrippa (sp?) mentioned Stapp's new album, naming it by name? The whole point of having guests on is to promote whatever they're doing.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 12-09-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:09 PM   #17
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exactly. Shrippa kept mentioning it and Stapp seemed to have very little interest in talking about it. Bizarre.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #18
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Exactly. Shrippa kept mentioning it and Stapp seemed to have very little interest in talking about it. Bizarre.

True, and he also had very little interest talking about his now, fiance. Don't get me wrong, but wouldn't u been excited to talk about both (album and fiance), drunk or not.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
i think the interesting thing here is that, given that the amount of media coverage bands back in the '60s & '70s received in comparison to the amount given today, you wonder how the fans really would have thought about prolly any number of musicians. it's kind of like FDR: the man had polio & was in a wheelchair, but b/c even radio hardly covered the presidential races, no one knew. i could almost guarantee that, if FDR were subjected to today's races, he would get clobbered simply because people don't really want to elect someone so sickly.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #20
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Stappishot) True, and he also had very little interest talking about his now, fiance. Don't get me wrong, but wouldn't u been excited to talk about both (album and fiance), drunk or not.

Most celebrities prefer not to talk about their significant others.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #21
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Most celebrities prefer not to talk about their significant others.

That's true 2. If he mentions her name, she'll probably get more Publicity now that everyone heard about what Scott has done lol. She'll be on google and everything.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #22
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Most celebrities prefer not to talk about their significant others.

yea and most if not all "PEOPLE" prefer to not have a fight on the night of their engagement and will avoid one at all costs.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #23
Stappishot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) yea and most if not all "PEOPLE" prefer to not have a fight on the night of their engagement and will avoid one at all costs.

True. That's supposed to be one of the most exciting days of his and her life, and he goes and does that. I would of been cursing him out all the way home.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #24
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan[B) ]Stapp is a man, [/b] that's what I see him as just like any other, and like I said before, he just happens to be a musician. If that makes my opinion an excuse....so be it.

He did nothing wrong but have a good time, just like anyone else.

actually ...acting as a child...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #25
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) yea and most if not all "PEOPLE" prefer to not have a fight on the night of their engagement and will avoid one at all costs.

Yeah... and most people with decency don't accuse people of certain actions without having proof.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #26
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yeah... and most people with decency don't accuse people of certain actions without having proof.

Still needing proof? No matter WHo started the fight..all that matter is Stapp was involved in it...

PS: You are so intelligent Chase that I find weird you are still defending Stapp...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #27
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Still needing proof? No matter WHo started the fight..all that matter is Stapp was involved in it...

PS: You are so intelligent Chase that I find weird you are still defending Stapp...

In America, you're innocent until proving guilty. The director of security in that hotel stated that 311 instigated the fight. If that's the case... Stapp defended himself. I would defend anyone who was being blamed for something by people who have no proof. That's unfair.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) In America, you're innocent until proving guilty. The director of security in that hotel stated that 311 instigated the fight. If that's the case... Stapp defended himself. I would defend anyone who was being blamed for something by people who have no proof. That's unfair.

Not only in america, but in any civilized country ...but you really feel like hes being innocent? why he didnt say anything? whay he didnt try to tell his side of the story? why he took so much time for doing this? Why WU didnt say anything to defend him ?

This guy has antecedents, Chase.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #29
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Not only in america, but in any civilized country ...but you really feel like hes being innocent? why he didnt say anything? whay he didnt try to tell his side of the story? why he took so much time for doing this? Why WU didnt say anything to defend him ?

This guy has antecedents, Chase.

No, actually in Britain... I believe you're guilty until proven innocent. Maybe Wind Up didn't want Stapp to get into a war of words with 311. There's unforeseen circumstances that surround a lot of incidents. Both of us don't know the circumstances that surround this one.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #30
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) No, actually in Britain... I believe you're guilty until proven innocent. Maybe Wind Up didn't want Stapp to get into a war of words with 311. There's unforeseen circumstances that surround a lot of incidents. Both of us don't know the circumstances that surround this one.

If you were an artist and someone said you were involved in a fight that you really werent waht would you do? would you keep quiet ? even if this silence would ruin your career?

and thanks for the law's information...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )