++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-06-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Broken Wings" music video idea

The video starts with a pitch black screen and the spotlight comes on Brian and Mark and alternates between them. At the :28 mark, the spotlight goes on the whole band with Brian and Mark playing and Myles and Flip standing and sitting solemnly. At the :42 mark, the camera zooms to Flip's cymbals as the song enters the 1st verse. The camera then goes to a scene of a war with one soldier as the main focus. The first shot of the soldier (who is a little bloody and dirty looking) is behind a fort of some sort in a dark shadow with his gun at the ready. The camera begins zooming out at the :43 mark and on to a field where soldiers lay dying or are already dead. At the :48 mark, the soldier realizes the dead soldiers and cringes in pain. He has a single tear roll down his cheek. At the 1:09 mark, he has flashbacks in his mind of the war with explosions, felow soldiers, and other crying people and debris. At the 1:28 mark, the camera goes to the band as they do the chorus. The whole chorus and section leading up to the 2nd verse has the band in a single spotlight with pitch black all around. Zooms on the members and instruments would be applied where wanted. At the 2:12 mark, Flip's cymbals finish and we go back to the same soldier in a graveyard. He is walking around having flashbacks of the people inscripted on the tombstones who died in the war. As he lightly touched the tombstones, he is crying slightly. At the 2:46 mark, when Myles sings "what you give...," the soldier's flashback is of something valuable that he is giving to his best frined as he is dying with total chaos going on around them. The 2nd chorus scene is the same as the 1st chorus, except it is about high noon and the scenery is beautiful, like it is on the right sides of the pictures in the album booklet. As the bridge starts (I gusss it's the bridge--the part when Myles begins singing "Set a free all..." at the 3:27 mark) the camera flashes to the soldier in the graveyard again as he continues his walk through the graveyard and comes upon an entire monument dedicated to the soldiers who died in the war he fought in. At the 3:47 mark, when Myles begins singing "memories...," the soldier falls to the ground with his back to the monument and he is now bawling. For the 3rd chorus, the camera flashes back to the same scene the band was in for the 2nd chorus, excerpt the sun is setting and everything is destroyed (for the colors, think Weathered booklet). The song ends with the camera on the soldier in tears for one last time as he gets up and leaves the graveyard. The song goes back one last time to the band at the 4:36 mark just as the sun sets.

Lighting for different scenes
0:00-pitch black
0:00-0:42-pitch black w/ spotlights
0:43-1:28-shadows
1:29-2:12-pitch black w/ spotlights
2:13-2:57-around dusk
2:58-3:27-high noon
3:28-3:53-dusk
3:54-4:23-dusk
4:24-4:35-just after dusk
4:36-5:06 (end)-dusk to pitch black

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #2
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Wow, that's pretty cool, nice idea!

But I think the soldier/war scene would confuse people and play on the meaning of the song. To me Broken Wings is about re-finding something that you have lost, and it is so close but you can't reach it. I know it is personal interpretation, and that sounds like a cool video idea, but maybe not for me.

I like your lighting ideas though.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 09-06-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Yeah, I know what you're saying, it's more of personal interpretation, this is kinda what flowed out of me as I was coming up with the idea. This isn't even what I thought the song meant when I first heard it but I think it would be a cool video idea. Plus, people coulda got confused with the video for "Higher" because they mighta thought it was about heaven and the video interpretation would be a concert, but yeah, I know what you're saying. Thanks for the input.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?) This isn't even what I thought the song meant when I first heard it but I think it would be a cool video idea.
Yeah it's not a bad video idea. If someone was to see the video about war and soldires, then read the lyrics, I think it would easily be interpreted as a song about war, because it does make sence. Personal interpretation is the main key.

Good point about the Higher video, by the way. I think music videos are an easy way of confusing what the song is actually about. This is just off the top of my head but take a easily read music video, like Jeremy by Pearl Jam. If someone was to watch and hear that song for the first time you would easily know what it was about, beacuse you see it happening in the video. Where as a confusing and weird video like Bullets by Creed for example, they wouldn't know what it's about and probably think it's about some cartoon that involves monsters with huge angel wings flying around. My point is, some music videos are confusing.

Just my opinion, hah.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
What is the Jeremy video for PJ?

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-08-2004, 02:01 AM   #6
hayley
USER INFO »
Well you know how the story behind the song is about the kid Jeremy who shot himself in front of his English class? The video basically sets up a scene with a very distressed child (obviously Jeremy), and throughout the song, you see images of him shouting, showing physical anger, getting his parents attention, kids making fun of him at school, etc.

Then at the end, you see him come into his English class with a gun behind his back, and as the song ends, he shoots himself. (You don't see it, but you know what's happening) And right at the end shots are taken of the children in his class covering their hands over their faces with blood from him on their shirts.

It's a really awesome video, and really captures the meaning of the song, even though the video isn't real, for me it personally put a whole new feeling into the song.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
The idea seems okay... Seems like it's "the band, tears, flashbacks, the band, tears, flashbacks, the band tears, flashbacks", etc, etc.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) The idea seems okay... Seems like it's "the band, tears, flashbacks, the band, tears, flashbacks, the band tears, flashbacks", etc, etc.
When I Look at Eddie In That Video im like uh uh uh uh iis that Guy Like Dying Or Something No Its Like Art Dumb Ass HAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LIKE THAT IDEA Yes Yes IT RULES Go Big BUDGETTTTTTTTTT
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) I LIKE THAT IDEA Yes Yes IT RULES Go Big BUDGETTTTTTTTTT
Whatever you say Sis!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 PM   #10
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) The idea seems okay... Seems like it's "the band, tears, flashbacks, the band, tears, flashbacks, the band tears, flashbacks", etc, etc.

Well, actually the last flashback scene is at 2:46, but I know what you're saying.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #11
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
That idea would be way to obvious to work

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 09-08-2004, 10:11 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Whatever you say Sis!!
But Of Course
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #13
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?) Well, actually the last flashback scene is at 2:46, but I know what you're saying.
I listened to the song and imagine your idea as a music video!! Worked out well!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-10-2004, 02:33 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
of course thats kinda like what i do, Its AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:03 PM   #15
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
What do you mean, too obvious X? (not mad, just wondering)

I'm glad you had a change of heart, Lith. I figured you had already imagined it when you gave your first comment. Plus, people could have differing opinions on this idea or any music video idea someone describes, cause it'll look the best in the mind of the person who came up with the idea, cause they have little details in their minds whereas someone who is trying to understand it might think it's crap LOL because they can't see what the creator sees in their mind.

-Open Your Eyes