++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-04-2004, 09:58 PM   #16
creed_fdj83
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't post here often, but I do read the board from time to time. I just wanted to share...

I have to admit, the formal announcement brought tears to my eyes today. Creed has given me a lot as a person. Their music has helped me get through some difficult times, much like many of you. It's sad to see the end of an era, but I am thankful for what I was given.

From the first time I learned about the band I was hooked in as a fan. I only got to see Creed in concert twice (once on the Human Clay tour with Full Devil Jacket and Collective Soul, and once on the Weathered tour with 12 Stones, Cinder, and Sevendust... At the Weathered tour, I had one of Mark's picks in my hands but had it forcibly taken from me. ) Both concerts were the experience of a lifetime and something I will never forget. The connection with the guys through their music is something that will never be duplicated.

Thank you Scott, Mark, Scott, Brian, and Bret for everything you did for me. Good luck to each of you in your lives and with your future music projects.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #17
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I do feel for anyone who didn't get to experience them live.

That in my opinion is the worst thing about the break up. Anyone can write music that touches people and slap them on a CD. But only a true artist can convey those feelings and emotions in a 6 minute window that has no rewind button and can only be experienced once.

For example when I saw Creed for the last time in Houston, TX; Scott gave this huge speech before a song. Gave the entire crowd a 'warm-fuzzy', I hugged my girl. Then they played Torn and I was like - "Well thats new." So we are all rocking out to Torn and after the climax of the song, when it gets all calm, Scott goes - "To be honest with you, I thought we were going to play a different song." And we all loved that. Everyone laughed, everyone from the people in the lawn to Brett and Mark on stage. Then a couple songs later, he said that was meant for One Last Breath. Its the small things like that that make it all worth while.

*sigh*

Last edited by Mulletman : 06-04-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I do feel for anyone who didn't get to experience them live. But, at least they were kind enough to share their gift with us. We still have the music and new friends because of it.
So true Dogstar. I have seen alot of bands in concert. Creed was one of the best. It was amazing to see them live. The music was amazing and Scott really knew how to put on a show.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #19
unforgiven_11
USER INFO »
You guys are right. Even though i didn't get to see them in concert i still have the memories and the happy moments it brought. I will never forget that. And it's not like they are dropping off the face of the earth. I can still hear stapps beautiful voice and marks awesome riffs along with flips drumming (and even brian's bass).
Old 06-05-2004, 12:26 AM   #20
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I never saw them either.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 06-05-2004, 12:29 AM   #21
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I also never got the chance to see Creed live. I am definitely going to see Alter Bridge on their tour and hopefully Scott too.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 06-05-2004, 01:04 AM   #22
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) I also never got the chance to see Creed live. I am definitely going to see Alter Bridge on their tour and hopefully Scott too.
Same here.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 06-05-2004, 03:32 AM   #23
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
there there everyone....i cried too when i heard the offical annoucement... but we still got each other, and all of creed still alive and well, still producing music Lets just look on the bright side...looking forward to their "new music"
Old 06-05-2004, 06:05 AM   #24
alterflip
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by unforgiven_11) Since we have all basically heard the "official" news today. It is really sad. But, the saddest thing of all :dead is ... after 3/4 years of loving creed and being a huge fan... i never got to see them in concert. I have always said... jokingly... (if that is a word) that i cannot die till i meet creed. Well, my hopes and dreams are shattered. They were my peace and they helped me through times inever thought i would get through... but i am still (we are) lucky that we can enjoy every members contribution. I am still cheering for the guys.

:thewave and all we can do is hope for a reunion...

they should have just taken a long break to deal with problems.... but i guess i am just upset... that's all so i don't know what i am talking about

me and lith is in the same position as you are...
Creed did not tour in EU during Weathered, but we must thank them a lot for the music they gave us!
Old 06-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #25
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
i'm surely gonna miss these guys...

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 06-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #26
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Tears... oh yes! Although it was almost clear... it hits hard to see it written black on white... just because there still was this tiny little hope. Hope for a miracle...

It hurts even more that I've never ever been able to see them play, sing, walk, talk, laugh, ROCK live!

I cherish the things we know now about the near future... AB debut-CD, Scott's new music, Anthology with perhaps some unreleased stuff...
Those things keep me going... maybe I will experience Alter Bridge AND Scott Stapp live on stage here in Holland... one day! *crosses her fingers*

Came here to feel the warmth among the fans...
I was feeling kinda sad! Love you all!!!

Without the past there would be NO future!!! ROCK ON guys!!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God