++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed - The movie

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) But that's what every rock 'n roll movie is about. The rise and fall of a band in popularity. Even Spinal Tap follows that archetype.

That's not what "Rockstar" was about. "Rockstar" was about a guy from a tribute band who joined the real band after the original singer left. Then the guy who joined the real band ended up leaving and letting another guy take over. That's not the prototypical rock movie and a movie loosely based off of Creed would not be a prototypical rock & roll movie simply because their story is different than most rock bands stories. Have most bands endured the exact same things that happened to Creed? No. They've got a very interesting story which I think would make for an interesting movie. I don't expect a movie to happen, but I'd sure as hell see one if it came out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #32
bobben
USER INFO »

There has been made a couple of music flicks over the years, but none of their stories will be near the Creed movie's. I can not remember a single movie that's made to show the media's effect on a rock band and what enormous pressure rockers go through. Like ACDC says: "There's a long way to the top, if you wanna play rock n' roll!!"

So...in my eyes this will be a totally new kind of movie! If the movie becomes a flop 'cuz it's about Stapp, then the story of the proves the point alone!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #33
Agent D
USER INFO »

Yeah, it's discovered that Creed's frontman was liquored up and addicted to drugs. That's not at all similar to every other rock band in existence.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:41 AM   #34
bobben
USER INFO »

Be serious dude....Stapp drank because of the pressure he got from everyone around him, that including the meida and his tour crew. No other band have been torn to pieces by things like that!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #35
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Be serious dude....Stapp drank because of the pressure he got from everyone around him, that including the meida and his tour crew. No other band have been torn to pieces by things like that!

I'm pretty sure they have. Every band has at least some connection to alcohol abuse whatever the reason.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #36
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

steve perry could play tremonti.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #37
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) steve perry could play tremonti.

Lol what?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #38
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Be serious dude....Stapp drank because of the pressure he got from everyone around him, that including the meida and his tour crew. No other band have been torn to pieces by things like that!

I agree.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #39
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

No matter how well-done it was, I predict that it would tank hard in theaters.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #40
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) No matter how well-done it was, I predict that it would tank hard in theaters.

Lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #41
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

ive seen tremonti lately hes got some guns on him maybe the rock could play him in this one to bring people in. plus with steve perry as a young stapp trust me people would come
Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yeah, it's discovered that Creed's frontman was liquored up and addicted to drugs. That's not at all similar to every other rock band in existence.
Heh, I'm with you on this one. That list is long and distinguished. The rise, the excesses, the fame, the pressure of the fame and being at the top, the drugs/alcohol, the fall.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #43
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) Lol.

Yep, it probably would. Let me be more specific as to why I think that it would do poorly in theaters, Or at least, if it were released today.

Yes, Creed has sold millions of albums and was/is extremely popular. Yes, a movie could be done about the "whole" career of Creed, since technically, they've broken up. But Creed is not old news yet. Look at the successful movies about Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. I have little doubt that a movie of that quality could be made about Creed. But a big difference is that those movies are about artists who were at the peak of their popularity in the sixties and seventies. Creed was at the height of its popularity four to five years ago. They still get airplay on rock, and occasionally pop, radio. Though they've been disbanded for three years, they are not really "old" news. Stapp is still touring and performing the Creed hits along with his solo material. Despite its massive popularity and success, Creed has not achieved the "legendary" status like Ray Charles and Johnny Cash have, something which helped propel their movies' success. If a movie was made today about Creed, people wouldn't be saying "OMG, I loved Creed, takes me back to my youth. I can't wait for this movie, it will bring back so many memories." No, many people still remember all of the slander that Creed got, many people still irrationally hate the band, and we would hear nothing but bitching from people who were angry that Creed got a movie, but that a more "deserving" band didn't. Many people still hate Stapp, still think that Creed was a Pearl Jam rip-off, still are annoyed about the whole Christian controversy, and still remember being tired of hearing My Sacrifice and With Arms Wide Open on the radio all the time. To green light a major motion picture about Creed nowadays would unleash a shit storm that would skew people's view of the movie, and no matter how well-done it was, it probably not be as successful because of this. Creed just hasn't reached the status where people can look back on it with pure nostalgia, and the hate for the band still exists and would hurt the movie.

Also, to do a movie about Creed right now could be very premature. As I said before, Stapp's still performing the old Creed songs, and is putting out solo albums. The other members are alive and well in Alter Bridge. These guys' stories aren't finished yet. What if Creed reunites and sells a couple million more albums and is even further solidified in rock history? What if Stapp does some more outrageous things that could play out great on the big screen? If a big movie about Creed were made now, it would not include any of the possible future history of the band, and would ultimately be looked back on as an incomplete telling of the Creed story.

If you ask me, wait a decade or two before doing a Creed movie, when there could be a more full image of Creed's career, as well as those of the individual band members. Hell, wait till the band has passed away. That's what they did for Ray and Walk The Line. It sounds kind of morbid, but it worked, and then the directors wouldn't have to worry about not covering the complete story of Creed. By then, most of the hate should have burned down. Sure, musical cholars and critics will probably sitll be debating the merits of the band. But in the general public, all that will be left will probably just be memories and nostalgia.

So that's when I think that a Creed movie should be made; when the band members are old or gone, and Creed is just a part of music history, not a living, changing entity. If they waited that long and made a stupendous movie, it could be awesome and very successful. But I don't think that it should be made nowadays. Creed is still evolving, and its detractors are still out there.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #44
J.T.
USER INFO »

Woah man very nicely put. I agree 100%. And all this irrational hate of Creed and Scott Stapp just makes me want to put my fist through the wall.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #45
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) Woah man very nicely put. I agree 100%. And all this irrational hate of Creed and Scott Stapp just makes me want to put my fist through the wall.
yes Scorpion King well said well put i agree 100 percent furthermore if a movie was made today it would be entirley stupid
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You