++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #1696
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

June 27th

"Sorrow, shown by the greatest example."

The story of Lazarus's death and resurrection contains a profound teaching about sorrow. When Jesus arrived and was taken to the graveside, he wept openly. Onlookers were impressed with the power of his grief and immediately recognized it as an indication of his great love: "See how much he loved him," they said.

The tears Jesus shed that day forever validate the experience of human sorrow and grief. Even though we have the hope of resurrection and we know that for the believer physical death is not the final word, our tears and sorrow are appropriate and good. How comforting to know that God himself is willing to walk the way of sorrow with us! Is there any sorrow that you have been unable to express fully? You can share it with the Lord, for he understands your grief fully.

Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, "See how much he loved him [Lazarus]."

John 11:35-36

But as they came closer to Jerusalem and Jesus saw the city ahead, he began to cry.

"I wish that even today you would find the way of peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from you. Before long your enemies will build ramparts against your walls and encircle you and close in on you. They will crush you to the ground, and your children with you. Your enemies will not leave a single stone in lace, because you have rejected the opportunity God offered you."

Luke 19:41-44

Heaven

Old 06-28-2007, 06:38 AM   #1697
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 28th

"What could you ever trade your soul for?"

The key to life is letting go of ourselves and receiving Jesus. Please don't forget to relinquish your life to the one who gave up his own life. When we lose our life to him, we can have it back forever with him.

Spoken by Jesus: "...whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

Matthew 16:25

Heaven

Old 06-29-2007, 06:45 AM   #1698
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 29th

"Are you regular?"

In 1 Samuel 15 the Bible tells how King Saul disobeyed the Lord's command to completely destroy the enemies and their livestock. When Samuel asked the king why he heard the beating of sheep and the lowing of cattle, Saul basically replied, "Oh, right, thanks for reminding me. We're saving those to offer to the Lord later!"

Samuel recognized a lie when he heard one and replied, "To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams"... God wants the same from us, not some great annual recommitment that we soon break. He wants consistency. Regularity. Faithfulness. He wants our obedience.

But Samuel replied [to Saul], "What is more pleasing to the Lord, your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to him is much better than offering the fat of rams. Rebelling is as bad as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as bad as worshiping idols.

1 Samuel 15:22-23

If you love me, obey my commandments.… You are my friends if you obey me.

John 14:15; 15:14

Heaven

Old 06-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #1699
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

June 30th

"Countercultural Obedience."

To speak positively of obedience today is be profoundly countercultural. The valid suspicion of talk about obedience is grounded in the experience of authoritarianisms, both past and present. Obedience is confused with "blind obedience," which is normally odious. Obedience is confused with conformity, with going along, with asking no questions. But obedience really means responsiveness; it is related to the Latin audire, to hear, to listen, to respond appropriately. Obedience is not the surrender of responsibility but the acceptance of responsibility for what we respond to and how.

Richard John Neuhaus

Today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. You will receive a curse if your reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn from his way by worshipping foreign gods.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

If you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all nations of the earth; for all the earth belongs to me.

Exodus 19:5

"Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them."

John 14:21

Heaven

Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 AM   #1700
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 1st

"Solid foundation."

Believers who build their lives on a solid foundation are like the man whom a reporter found in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. Amid the devastation and debris, one house still stood firm on its foundation. The owner was cleaning up when the reporter approached him. "Sir, why is your house the only one still standing?" the reporter asked.

"I built this house myself," the man replied. "I built it according to the Florida state building code. I was told that a house built according to code could withstand a hurricane. I did, and it did! I suppose no one else around here followed the code."

If you have built your life on Jesus Christ and His teaching, you will stand when the storms of life hit. If you are not merely a hearer but a doer of the His Word, you will endure. The true Christian, the one who has built his or her life on the right foundation, will stand the test!

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3

Heaven

Old 07-02-2007, 06:19 AM   #1701
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 2nd

"The best weapons."

The faith of the Thessalonian believers was being tried by persecution. Undoubtedly some of them were wavering, even failing, as the surrounding evil put them to the test. This was an important time for Paul to remind them that, no matter what happened, God's faithfulness would prevail over evil and strengthen them so that they could endure.

Determined to destroy our faith by leading us into sin and discouragement, Satan attacks with blatant temptation and deceptive lies. The best weapons for this warfare are the Word of God and prayer.

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord's message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. Pray, too, that we will be saved from wicked and evil people, for not everyone believes in the Lord. But the Lord is faithful; he will make you strong and guard you from the evil one... May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and the endurance that comes from Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

Heaven

Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #1702
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 3rd

"Carving love."

The wood carver who made himself a son out of a stump of a tree did so out of love. He wanted someone to love and care for, to teach and to guide, to spend time with and to share with. Pinocchio was the answer to the prayers of a lonely old man. In the end, the old man's love brought the boy made of wood to life.

God carved for Himself men and women to be with Him forever. He filled them with good things. He made them to love, and care, and learn, and grow. He fashioned them out of clay, then He made them as He was. He made us just less than Himself. He calls us gods and children, the greatest of all His creation. In God's eyes, we are sacred and good. Let us do everything we can to live up to His holy expectations.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psalm 82:6

Heaven

Old 07-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #1703
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

"Independence Day 2007!"

The fireworks lit up the Independence Day night sky. Children watched wide-eyed, and parents exclaimed appropriately at each burst. The town echoed with the booming blasts of each rocket. The show was spectacular, and everyone had a good time. A few even remembered why the celebration took place. Some remembered that the fireworks represented all the bombs that had burst for freedom. A handful walked away from the celebration with a hope beating in their breasts. The hope was that there would come a time when no more bombs would burst, when no one would have to live in fear for their lives. Some hoped for a day when peace would rule the land.

Some fear is healthy. It brings us to our senses and forces us to look at things with a level head. War is a terrible thing. It breaks down and destroys. God wants us to consider well the consequences of war. What we do to one another, He will not undo. Perhaps a fear of the Lord would bring us to our senses. Maybe we would then realize where we stand, and we would choose to stand closer to God.

As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.

Psalm 83: 14, 15

Have a safe and happy 4th gang! Remember in prayer those who have and are risking their all allowing us as a nation to have the lives we have and the freedoms we enjoy, and do watch those fingers!!!

Heaven

Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #1704
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 5th

"Bless those who share the Gospel afar."

It is wrong to think God's love for the nations began only with Jesus and the Great Commission. Remember Jonah's preaching to save Israel's great enemy, Nineveh? Remember the precious story of Ruth? God loves all people and wants them to come to share in his grace. As Christians, we are his salt and light, here to touch all the people of the world and beckon them to come back to the Father who loves them.

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 12:4

Heaven

Old 07-06-2007, 06:03 AM   #1705
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 6th

"Not the real thing."

Wickedness, when you examine it, turns out to be the pursuit of some good in the wrong way. You can be good for the mere sake of goodness; you cannot be bad for the mere sake of badness. You can do a kind action when you are not feeling kind and when it gives you no pleasure, simply because kindness is right; but no one ever did a cruel action simply because cruelty was wrong, only because cruelty was pleasant or useful to him. In other words, badness cannot succeed even in being bad in the same way in which goodness is good. Goodness is, so to speak, itself; badness is only spoiled goodness... Evil is a parasite, not an original thing.

~C. S. Lewis in Mere Christianity

Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

1 Peter 5:8-9

So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.

James 4:7-8

Heaven

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #1706
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 7th

"My strength and shield."

A shield whose word can be trusted. But we must take refuge in him if his flawless word for us is to be a blessing and his presence a shield.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:30

Heaven

Old 07-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #1707
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 8th

"A good example."

One of the best ways we can honor our Lord is to pay attention and be careful. Other people see the way we live our lives, and if we are sloppy and sinful, we can hardly hope to make others see the benefits of being Christian. Once we have been touched by the saving grace of God, we need to pay attention and live as careful a life a possible.

Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.

Psalm 85:9

Heaven

Old 07-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #1708
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) June 20th

"Life is a story."

It is a parable we live through day by day. Just as a parable has a hidden meaning, so, too, the events of our daily living have significance and deeper meanings. Our present and our past are important components of who we are. We like to hold onto the past, and we strive to make the present the best it can be. God, the greatest storyteller of all, is a part of our past and our present. He can shape our parable for us if we will let Him.

I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old.

Psalm 78:2

Heaven

MATT 13 ,34,35 All these things spoke jesus UNTO THE MULTITUDE IN PARABLES AND WITHOUT A PARABLE BRAVE OUR KING WAS without a parable Spake he not unto theme, THAT IT MIGHT BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET SAYING I WILL UTTER THINGS WHICH HAVE BEEN KEPT SECRET FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, GLORY TO GOD,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #1709
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) July 7th

"My strength and shield."

A shield whose word can be trusted. But we must take refuge in him if his flawless word for us is to be a blessing and his presence a shield.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:30

Heaven

PRAISE JESUS, FOR THESE WORDS, I THIRST I THIRST, every warrior knoweth that even the word becomes AS NOT AS UPLIFTING AND REFRESHING AS IT ONCE DID, GLORY TO GOD WE MUST REMAIN IN THE WARRIORS SUIT OH THE BULLET PROOF VEST WHICH IS THE ENTIRE ARMOUR OF GOD FOR HE IS ARMOUR AND OUR BUCKLER AND OUR DEFENCE
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #1710
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 9th

"Dream big dreams for God."

Of all the names for God in the Bible, this is my favorite: Him who is able to do immeasurably more. Our God is the same God who parted the Red Sea and fed 5,000 on a green hillside with only a couple of sardine sandwiches. He longs to do more than we ask and imagine, but most of us haven't really given him much of a challenge.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

Dream big dreams for God. Then hang on!

Heaven