++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-19-2003, 12:26 PM   #121
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Can anyone explain to me the logic behind: #34. Somehow someway they had something to do with the death of Dale Earnhardt? 'Cuz that confuses me a bit.

And several on the list say that Creed sucks because Scott has a "mullet". Wow, what an affect that must have on the entire music industry. I guess with a mullet, Creed will soon go the way of Billy Ray Cyrus and the Achy Brakey.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-19-2003, 12:51 PM   #122
creedlvr
USER INFO »
besides ... he doesn't even have a mullet. a mullet is short in the front and long in the back. for a while, his hair was the same length all the way around.

speaking of people that hate Creed but feel the need to waste their energy on them, where has our friend Lechium gone?? I also noticed that his number of posts went from "666" to "665."

did he deliberately delete one so it didn't portray his usual "evil" thoughts??
Old 03-19-2003, 01:22 PM   #123
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
<b>... speaking of people that hate Creed but feel the need to waste their energy on them, where has our friend Lechium gone?? &nbsp;I also noticed that his number of posts went from "666" to "665."

did he deliberately delete one so it didn't portray his usual "evil" thoughts?? </b>

Steve took care of that, LOL...
Old 03-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #124
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah they don't even know what a "mullet" is
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-20-2003, 12:49 PM   #125
creedlvr
USER INFO »
really?? was he banned from the board?
Old 03-20-2003, 01:06 PM   #126
s.floridagirl
USER INFO »
Adios Lechium!!
Old 03-20-2003, 01:33 PM   #127
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Is it just me or does anyone else see the big giant "L"</b> on the heads of everyone who belongs to Creedsucks.com?
LMAO! Good one Teri
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 03-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #128
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
really?? &nbsp;was he banned from the board?

No, but Steve deleted one of his posts so that it would total 665 instead of 666. He also messed with a couple of his posts, I guess. He was just having some fun.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:35 PM   #129
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Poor Scott Stapp leaves himself wide open for attack. All the
"big ego"stuff etc...
One of the so called problems with Scott is that he doesn't show up for meet and greets right after the show.
Well folks, that's because after each and every performance
he must go through a "cool down". He's got to ice his neck and back muscles and may even get a message. I have similar neck and back problems and know the routine. If he skips the ice etc..
he won't be able to move the next day.
So, it's not that he thinks himself too good to mingle with the rest, it's purely health reasons that keep him away.
Just trying to inform the healthy who don't understand us who are unhealthy.
Linda
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 03-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #130
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thank you Linda!! So refreshing to see people actually standing up for Scott instead of beating him down.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:13 PM   #131
crisstee
USER INFO »
Most people I know who say they hate Creed have never even heard any other song from them other than what is on the radio.
They are only making an opinion based on those songs. I think also people assume that Scott thinks he is holier than thou in videos and such because he sings about positive meaningful things. I see him as having passion for what he believes in and what he is singing about. I find that to be one of his best qualities. Just like a lot of you have said people are jealous. Creed is original and they do not sound like Pearl Jam. I truly dont hear any similarities in the music--only maybe Scotts voice is the same tone. Creed has it all, awesome lyrics and awesome music. Not to mention Scott is sooooo damn sexy and his voice gives me chills. There has never been a band for me that I have loved every song they make. My sister in law hates Creed and she always makes stupid comments to me about them (like a little kid) She says Scott cant sing and he's ugly, it really bothers her that I love them--Meantime her favorite is George Michael!! GO FIGURE!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #132
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome to the bb christee!! Good to see you have much better taste than your sister-in-law. George Michael. (where's that shakes head smilie when you need him?)

Old 03-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #133
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Cristee, I know what you mean. I know we all have different tastes, but I get grief from a woman at work who loathes Creed, but is a big fan of Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake / Nstink...boggles the mind sometimes.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #134
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Welcome to the board, crisstee!! There's a lot of great people here. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I also wanted to say that I agree with you on what you said about Scott. In my opinion, he's just passionate about what he's singing about too, getting into the music and enjoying the moment when he's performing as much as we enjoy seeing him, Mark, Flip and Brett live.

Relearn Love
Old 03-27-2003, 11:30 AM   #135
Charmin
USER INFO »
why do people hate creed

So much of this hate stuff is a big waste of time. Like the PJ rip off. This is just a timing thing. Pearl Jam was a recognized band before Creed. I think it's mainly because Scott and Eddie have the same tone of voice-this is a one dimensional opinion. Ever compare the guitar of PJ to Creed? There is no comparison. (Marks da man!) If you listen closely to the vocals-Scott is much smoother around the edges and there are various other differences here. This is just a quick fix for a legitimate hate reason.

All the Christian feed-back I don't understand either. Like has been said before, lots of other bands make christian references in their music and don't get a buncha bs for it. I don't particularly see them as a religious band. I grew up under the same strict religious circumstances as Scott, and I understand his lyrics and where he is coming from. Very often-you come out of these situations not necessarily religious-but spiritual in a different kind of way. It's a matter of personal resolution.

As for Scott's ego-I think that is a generalized rumor that some people just love to spread. I read a quote from Jeff Hanson that said he is a very private and reserved person-and people often mistake that for ego. Then you have to consider what he has to deal with in general. I'd say he has to be very careful who he confronts-with all the stalkers and weirdo's out there today. I don't consider him an ego maniac because BTM featured mainly his story. Actually I was very touched by his story. The content and final editing can probably be blamed more on VH1 and their crew as opposed to Scott or Creed.

No matter what most people think, and people are gonna have their narrow minded opinions, believe me. I think they are great!