++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
douglas623
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anyone Else See the "SIGNS"--long thread

"We were just going different directions, he had a lot going on his life personally and professionally and we just wanted to play music. After taking a break it was apparent that Scott wanted to make a studio record but not tour as much and we wanted to tour and get back to work. When we got together to do the next record, it just wasn’t happening musically. There was no progress being made so we just decided to part ways. There’s no animosity there. We talked on the phone and wished each other good luck.''

"When Brian was with Creed there was always a groove he had that was perfect for us. Brett is an amazing singer / songwriter and we still love him, so that was tough, but Brian was so excited about playing bass that we had to have him back. Brian hadn’t played with us in 4 years and when we jammed with him he was so reinvigorated and that inspired us. When Brian left Creed, we really missed him; he had always been a good friend.''

"Brian:
I took some time to get my head straight. Leaving was a low point for me. It had gotten to a point where Stapp and my personal differences created a situation where we just couldn’t be on the same stage anymore. It got to a point where it was unhealthy for the band and for me and I was unceremoniously dismissed. Following that, there was a point where I didn’t want to do music at all. After some time I built a studio, started another band, and started some producing. Then I got the call from Mark and I was just so excited to hear from him. We got together and jammed and just hearing him play again was amazing. I’m so glad to be back, it’s like a rebirth.''

"The main objective is to just have fun this time. "

"Mark:
In this band, everyone is open to anything. There’s no writing behind closed doors. Everyone in the band has contributed to this album, no one was bossy, and in the end the songs became so much better because of it."

I apoligize to the S.S. fans, but I have always wondered about the "behind closed doors" Creed. I will always have a great love for Creed, but I think that Flip, Tremonti, and Brian will do well/be happier in a more relaxing environment.

Best Wishes to AlterBridge...I can't wait!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
I can't wait to hear some Alter Bridge as well.

I don't care about Stapp's project one bit.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:04 AM   #3
velocityidp
USER INFO »
So Mulletman and all you other moderators... want to censor this post also? No different than mine was...
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-05-2004 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I don't get it. What do you mean by "SIGNS"?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-05-2004, 03:48 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) So Mulletman and all you other moderators... want to censor this post also? No different than mine was...
Get off the cross, we need the wood.

The difference is, he didn't post it in three threads. Your intent seemed to stir up, as usual, more anti-Stapp sentiment. You enjoy baiting people. Knowing your history, I took it as more of an *I told you so* type of thread and I found it insulting that you needed to highlight the quotes when we were all quite capable of reading the entire article. This person attached an opinion to the quotes at least. The timing also is different. Not everyone was up on all the news when you posted.

Last edited by Dogstar : 06-05-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:03 AM   #6
alterflip
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Invisible Kid) I can't wait to hear some Alter Bridge as well.

I don't care about Stapp's project one bit.

i'm with ya...
Old 06-05-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The difference is, he didn't post it in three threads.
Uh, I only posted one.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I took it as more of an *I told you so* type of thread and I found it insulting
Yes, it was a subdued "I told you so" post. But is there something wrong with that? Were any of my comments offensive? No. I decided not to make any comments because I knew -- knowing the history of some of the mods -- that they would likely be interpreted as "speculation." I thought the quote highlights spoke for themselves.

If you felt the quotes insulted you, that's unfortunate and you could have replied in kind, but that doesn't mean you censor. You don't speak for everyone on the board, nor does every member share your feelings.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) This person attached an opinion to the quotes at least. The timing also is different.
So you think this post, which copies an interview and highlights certain portions, is A. OK? Why aren't you "insulted" by this one? It's very similar.

So if I posted my opinion, it would have made a difference to you? Come now... You were the one worried about "speculation." Me tagging on analysis to the raw data would have only made that concern greater in your mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I'm still hanging on to this! (but so are you) I'm not angry, but I do find this whole censorship rationalization puzzling and very inconsistent.

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-05-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #8
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I've never been able to figure out what will be edited, deleted, or left to stand, or why. I just cross my fingers, hit the reply button, and hope for the best.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:08 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Uh, I only posted one.
Uh, no, you posted more than one, because I deleted the second one.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Yes, it was a subdued "I told you so" post. But is there something wrong with that? Were any of my comments offensive? No. I decided not to make any comments because I knew -- knowing the history of some of the mods -- that they would likely be interpreted as "speculation." I thought the quote highlights spoke for themselves.
What comments? You didn't post any comments. And this is a perfect point. YOU thought the highlights spoke for themselves, others may not have taken them that way. We are trying to tone down any speculation and rumors. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) You don't speak for everyone on the board, nor does every member share your feelings.
The very same could be said for you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) So you think this post, which copies an interview and highlights certain portions, is A. OK? Why aren't you "insulted" by this one? It's very similar.
It is not very similar. Yours was meant to bait people into another Mark vs. Stapp debate, which have been far too common here.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) So if I posted my opinion, it would have made a difference to you? Come now... You were the one worried about "speculation." Me tagging on analysis to the raw data would have only made that concern greater in your mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong. Your comments may have given light to how YOU viewed the interview, but all you did was post those comments YOU deemed important to fuel any argument. Had you posted comments, maybe they would've been deleted, maybe not. But anyone with a mouse could've clicked on the interview and read it in its entirety, you needn't have pulled out bits and pieces and posted them to bait people. That's how your posts were percieved.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Yes, I'm still hanging on to this! (but so are you) I'm not angry, but I do find this whole censorship rationalization puzzling and very inconsistent.
Again, no one is forcing you to stay. If you don't like the way this board is run, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-05-2004, 01:17 PM   #10
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You're one smart ass comment away from a permanent vacation.

We understand that the article is leaned against Stapp, but it is not as anti-Stapp as you made it out to be. You specifically filtered out the most biased sections of the interview and purposely posted them before you posted the entire article.

The damage has been done, grow the fuck up or get the fuck out.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:24 PM   #11
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) grow the fuck up or get the fuck out
Nice guy... Guess that's about as much as I've come to expect from a few people here. The majority of people here are great and aren't quite as touchy on such matters. So, my hat goes off to them...

I take it you don't like criticism. You can threaten me with a ban from this board if you like, but I hold that my points are valid and your censor was out of line.

I'm done with this issue. I'm not stupid enough to keep going, because it's obvious Mr. Moderator's trigger finger is itching.

So, looks like you win via brute force.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, those *few people* who are as strong in their opinions as you are in yours. Man, you sure do whine a lot.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #13
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Remember people: The Creed guys DID NOT WRITE THOSE ARTICLES! They were written by some dude in an office who is paid to write about current events. When people write, they use [in many circumstances] what are known as OPINIONS. Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink. Sure, you may like one more than another, but someone may have the opposite view. Stapp has had a lot of crap thrown at him over the years, and many find it natural to blame him. I'm not saying that's right and I'm not saying that's wrong, but not everyone has the knowledge of Creed that we do. They are just trying to put out the fact that Creed has decided to break up.

Just my

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-05-2004, 10:47 PM   #14
douglas623
USER INFO »
Didn't mean to stir anything up, just picked up on these things that I read. HD, these are not articles, these are directly from the FAQ section of Alterbridge's website. These are EXACT quotes from Brian, Flip and Mark.

I greatly look forward to Alterbridge, and I will be interested in what Scott Stapp comes out with as well, I just wanted to point out that it seems things were a little one-sided with Creed sometimes. To me, that explains many things, and kinda bums me out as well. I was one of those fans that wanted everything about Creed to be perfect, because the experience of their music was absolutely incredible, especially the first and second albums.

Best of luck to Scott Stapp, and as well to Alterbridge....and I have a feeling that I will really be able to get into them more than Scott's solo stuff.

If you read this site Mark and co., just make sure you hit up Michigan!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #15
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by douglas623) I was one of those fans that wanted everything about Creed to be perfect, because the experience of their music was absolutely incredible, especially the first and second albums.

You are not alone, douglas.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.