++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-14-2005, 12:21 AM   #16
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I definately can't wait until August!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #17
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You gotta wonder tho, is this album going to have a song on it that kinda, in an extremely metaphoric way, bash the ex-creed members, or talk about the experience. Im just curious by saying this, im not hunting a fight, but you have to wonder. Watch Your Words by Alter Bridge kinda seemed that way, but im not sure if that was the underlying message in the song.

Hope that's not the case that Stapp would do that. I've wondered the same thing about Burn It Down. I'm not trashing the song. Actually it's one of my favorites on that cd. Hopefully, he'll bring us something heavy and not get into the pop. That would be a downer.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You gotta wonder tho, is this album going to have a song on it that kinda, in an extremely metaphoric way, bash the ex-creed members, or talk about the experience. Im just curious by saying this, im not hunting a fight, but you have to wonder. Watch Your Words by Alter Bridge kinda seemed that way, but im not sure if that was the underlying message in the song.

Yeah, I'm also a bit interested in it as well. I hope Stapp doesn't write a song bashing them, as that'll only make him look bad, in my opinion. I think it's best that he leaves that alone, moves on and doesn't talk about it in interviews. If he does talk about them in interviews, I hope he doesn't bash the guys and only says positive things about them. My one complaint with some Alter Bridge interviews is that they seem to talk a lot about Stapp(and in a less than flattering way). That's not their fault, really, because the press keeps asking. But if I were in their shoes, I'd just tell the press that I'm not going to talk about the past and that Alter Bridge is the future. The interviews lately seem to be a bit better, with less Stapp talk, which is good. All of this being my opinion, of course.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I definately can't wait until August!

Oh yeah, I can't wait either. I think it's going to be a good album, at the very least. Stapp has it in him to give us an awesome album, I know that much for sure. We'll see if he can deliver that kind of album.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #19
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp)
Maybe I'm wrong, but did he subscribe "Scott Stapp Creed ?? -solo 05? "
Yes Ana I noticed the same thing, it's signed Scott Stapp - Creed '05. I thought it was odd too. Good to see the letter but I'm a little confused as to why it's not from ScottStapp.com.

Another thing that's been mulling around in the back of my mind is this. Back in the early days, when Mark and Scott first hooked back up, remember on BTM Stapp said Mark was wailing away on the guitar and Scott said "Wow, that's not really what I'm into but you're all I've got" meaning Mark was heavy metal, Scott wasn't, but Scott adapted because that's the direction Mark was going for. I wonder now, without the heavy guitar, if Scott will take a lighter approach to music. Since he's writing his own stuff and the hard stuff wasn't initially what he was going for, what his new stuff will sound like. We're so used to hard-hitting Creed stuff, I'm wondering if Stapp will get back to the stuff he was into before collaborating with Mark. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Another thing that's been mulling around in the back of my mind is this. Back in the early days, when Mark and Scott first hooked back up, remember on BTM Stapp said Mark was wailing away on the guitar and Scott said "Wow, that's not really what I'm into but you're all I've got" meaning Mark was heavy metal, Scott wasn't, but Scott adapted because that's the direction Mark was going for. I wonder now, without the heavy guitar, if Scott will take a lighter approach to music. Since he's writing his own stuff and the hard stuff wasn't initially what he was going for, what his new stuff will sound like. We're so used to hard-hitting Creed stuff, I'm wondering if Stapp will get back to the stuff he was into before collaborating with Mark. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

That's definitely something to think about, Teri. It should be interesting to see what direction Stapp heads in with his music. I hope it isn't too light, but if it is, I'll still give it a chance. I'd like to see something similar to Creed, but not the exact same, if that makes any sense, lol. I'm just waiting for any 30 second track samples that may be made available in the months leading up to August. Once we hear a few of the tracks, we should have an idea whether it'll be similar to Creed or not.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:03 PM   #21
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
I think we don't need to worry. We must enjoy this fact. Like Marcos said, this sign of life was a blow of fresh air into our sad hearts. And about the music, Scott said: the same style, but better, he means that his music grow in quality (Like the guys in AB).

I'm really happy to see Stapp enjoying his new moment, his family and I think we're gonna have amazing suprises when august comes.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #22
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
I think we don't need to worry. We must enjoy this fact. Like Marcos said, this sign of life was a blow of fresh air into our sad hearts. And about the music, Scott said: the same style, but better, he means that his music grow in quality (Like the guys in AB).

I'm really happy to see Stapp enjoying his new moment, his family and I think we're gonna have amazing suprises when august comes.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 04-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I don't think the style will change that much, but I'm expecting it be more "ballad-orientated" if that makes sense... you know, stuff like WAWO and DSD.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #24
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) You gotta wonder tho, is this album going to have a song on it that kinda, in an extremely metaphoric way, bash the ex-creed members, or talk about the experience. Im just curious by saying this, im not hunting a fight, but you have to wonder. Watch Your Words by Alter Bridge kinda seemed that way, but im not sure if that was the underlying message in the song

This was posted quite awhile ago on the CreedTalk bb...by Ibleedpurple, regarding the meaning behind one of AB's songs, as he was told by Michael. This was before the album was out....and only a select few were invited to hear parts of it before it dropped

For the most part, yeah, it's still a more "positive" vibe to the lyrics... although not every song. There's one, I think it's Shed My Skin, or Watch Your Words, one of those.. that's basically a total rip on Stapp and what he's become. Or that's what Michael told me it was anyway, I haven't heard the words yet.

I would imagine that Stapp will take some experiences from the Creed break up and incorporate that into this new album. At least that's the journey I'm anticipating from reading that letter to his fans.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I don't think the style will change that much, but I'm expecting it be more "ballad-orientated" if that makes sense... you know, stuff like WAWO and DSD.

Yeah, just as long as it's not Pop, I'm cool with that. Ballad's aren't bad, and I could definitely live with a few or more of those on Stapp's solo CD.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Yes Ana I noticed the same thing, it's signed Scott Stapp - Creed '05. I thought it was odd too. Good to see the letter but I'm a little confused as to why it's not from ScottStapp.com.

Another thing that's been mulling around in the back of my mind is this. Back in the early days, when Mark and Scott first hooked back up, remember on BTM Stapp said Mark was wailing away on the guitar and Scott said "Wow, that's not really what I'm into but you're all I've got" meaning Mark was heavy metal, Scott wasn't, but Scott adapted because that's the direction Mark was going for. I wonder now, without the heavy guitar, if Scott will take a lighter approach to music. Since he's writing his own stuff and the hard stuff wasn't initially what he was going for, what his new stuff will sound like. We're so used to hard-hitting Creed stuff, I'm wondering if Stapp will get back to the stuff he was into before collaborating with Mark. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
I've been thinking/worrying about the same thing. I'm not sure I want Scott Stapp lite. I like the hard-hitting stuff much better. But I will reserve judgment until I hear something.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #27
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) I know how hard it is for a perfectionist to write and record an album
that's why Tom Scholz & Boston only put out a mere 5 original studio EPs in just about 30 years (and 8 years between 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th).
but, pertaining to the topic, it's good news now that we're hearing something - anything - from him

Old 04-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I'm not exactly "up" on Stapp news, so I am curious... is anything in there NEW? I mean, wasn't the date already tentatively set for August. Doesn't seem like much to me, but then again I am rather pessimistic about Stapp.

I really am SUPER curious to hear what he sound like though. I am sure I won't like it but MAN do I want to hear it...
Old 04-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #29
scrit
USER INFO »
Man, I'm so glad we finally hear SOMETHING from Stapp. I was starting to lose faith in him. I bet that now that he waited so long to release a cd, fewer people will buy it. If he had released something closer to the breakup, i would have ran out to buy his cd, but now that I've been waiting so long, I was starting to lose intrest in the cd. I may not rush out to buy it like I would have, but I will still buy it once it comes out....eventually. Good news though still.

-U2
Old 04-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #30
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Yes Ana I noticed the same thing, it's signed Scott Stapp - Creed '05. I thought it was odd too. Good to see the letter but I'm a little confused as to why it's not from ScottStapp.com.

Everyone knows I love Stapp, of course I'm waiting for his best ,but I have to agree with you , this letter is a kinda strange.
Sorry, but it doesn't bring much about his cd, we already know it was going to be released in august, and now... it's in august, maybe in september!!?? And why he didn't post the letter on scottstapp.com? It isn't your official site?
Scott semeed happy and confident in the letter, but i don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but is it true? Sometimes he seems a little lost and disorientated in conducting his solo career...Hope I 'm wrong
As for his new stuff, I think its not going to be like hard-stuff but like some ballads-stuff, POP songs, RL for instance, (RL its not bad, but we know he can do better) it's certainly pop music...even more popular than AB stuff...anyway I 'm anxious about his cd and I hope for his best...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-14-2005 at 06:02 PM.