++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #151
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
There is NO WAY, I can make it in to work. We got 4 inches of snow on top of 3 inches of ice in about a matter of an hour lastnight. Right now we have about 6 inches of snow. The parking lot of my apartment complex is like a big ice rink. I have the phone in hand to call as soon as someone makes it in to work. I am so glad we got some snow, but I think I was wishin' a little too much because this is crappy weather. 2 18 wheelers jack knived off of I-40 lastnight and I live in Sherwood and work in Jacksonville so I have to hop on 67/167 to go to work and I am not risking it. I hate that I called in sick yesterday because I was so tired because there is no way I can make it in today. Creedgirl99 lives in Conway and we were both on here wishing for snow because it seemed everyone had some, but us and I think we wished a little too hard. :P I probably won't even be able to make it to the mailbox to check for my mag. That totally sucks.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:53 AM   #152
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I am newer to this BB, so is there a copy of what TeriB19 submitted somewhere I can read?

By the way, I thought the back cover was just as hot as the front.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #153
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
The back cover was awesome but my favorite picture was Scott sleeping on the plane with his blankie!!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 02-25-2003, 10:13 AM   #154
draperpam
USER INFO »
wow hotforscott you better put on your boots and go to your mailbox! We got lots of ice with about 1" of snow, I made it to work but I went about 25 - 30 mph all the way here. Not much traffic like you guys have to fight so it wasn't that bad! My mag. was not in my P.O. Box again today!

Hope you have a great day off and be thankful you have electricity for heat and to chat here!
Old 02-25-2003, 04:59 PM   #155
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by crest tattoo
I am newer to this BB, so is there a copy of what TeriB19 submitted somewhere I can read?

By the way, I thought the back cover was just as hot as the front.
Joy, I'll email it to you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-25-2003, 05:01 PM   #156
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Can you mail it to me too Teri. Liked to read it!!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 02-25-2003, 07:48 PM   #157
stappinfection
USER INFO »
I got mine today!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:41 PM   #158
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Lucky duck. We have such bad weather that I can't check my mail yet. I live in an apartment and the mailbox is clear across the complex, UGHHH!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 06:49 AM   #159
stappinfection
USER INFO »
I live in a small town and we have to go to the post office. We had a little snow yesterday morning when we got up for work . It was a surprize . It was enough to call off school for my kids. My husband went by and got the mail for me when he came home from work. The forecast for today is more snow with sleet . I am ready for spring. This is the worst winter we have had in years last year our kids did not miss one day of school for snow. Lucky for me I have a business right out back so I don't drive to work and I generally open when the weather is bad.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:55 AM   #160
draperpam
USER INFO »
hotforscott looks like another icy day in AR. Did you ever make it to your mailbox? I made it, but still nothing! This weather is really sucking but I am so proud we still have electricity.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:33 AM   #161
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know, I was praying for the elec. to stay on as well. A few years ago, remember when it went out. We were out for 2 weeks, and after that I was fed up and I thought, we are getting in the car and going to see my Mom in Texarkana, we were down there a day before their elec. went out and the HUGE ice storm came and we couldn't come back here for a week. So we were out 3 weeks that winter. It was insane. I didn't make it to the mailbox. I have about 4 inches of ice around the tires of my car. All the cars in our apartment are like that. I am so upset missing work again, but I doubt anyone will make it up there today, if they do, they need to come get me. LOL. I haven't worked in forever it seems like.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:47 PM   #162
Sheila63
USER INFO »
So sorry to here you're having such nasty weather in AR. I'd rather have snow over ice. I'm glad to hear you both still have electricity. It really sucks when it goes out. I remember a few storms where we didn't have power for 4-5 days. I felt like I was back in time when no one had any power. It definitely makes you more aware of how fortunate we are to have the conveniences we have today.

Please take care of yourselves and stay safe.

Relearn Love
Old 02-26-2003, 01:11 PM   #163
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
I was wondering if it was going to make it...I still don;t have my issue yet,. like lots of other folks. YOu worked so hard and got a great package together. Let's hope it makes it in the following issue.  You are not whiney - I feel the dissapointment too.  Well, how about we just  WINE together...cabernet?!  

Pour me a glass, too...I got mine when I came home from my weekend away! When I saw the fan page, I was a tad disappointed, too, that our bb didn't get a mention. Steve deserves a little recognition for the AWESOME job he does! I hope it makes the next one....

As for the mag in total...don't want to spoil it for others, but I was a tad disappointed in it overall. I thought there would be more interviews with the band and all and more on the whole Weathered tour. It seems they are starting from square one about the history of the band, which is cool, but it's all stuff I already know. Plus there were a lot of typos and a few missing words, DOH!

I did enjoy the interview with John Kurzweg, though.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #164
hotforscott
USER INFO »
LMAO, Dogstar, are there really typo's and stuff? I have had such bad weather that I can't get to the mailbox, but I wish I had it. I hope I don't have to wait anymore.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #165
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hehehe, yes, Carrie...that editor in me never sleeps!