++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Perhaps, and I noticed that too. I expected that the official album version of the song would be more edited, but I guess maybe Stapp/his producer were going for that raw sound? I mean, he kinda screams in that one, and no it doesn't sound that good, but maybe that was the sound that they were going for.
It's a difference between screaming and not hitting the notes/voice cracking. I had hopes that it wasn't the final CD-cut, but now that VH1 has it up, it seems that it is. It's a shame the man can't sing as good as he used to. Technically he's SO much worse!! And when he was young he had a special rage in his voice... That's all gone now. Back in Creed Stapp was this struggleing young man who was very angry and thought that if enough people came together, they can make a difference. Now he's more like "black and white". Just two normal colours... Just... Just Stapp. That fighting spirit is gone.

Compare:
My Own Prison to Relearn Love
Ode to Reach Out
What's This Life For to Sublime
Illusion to Justify
Unforgiven to Fight Song
Pity For A Dime to Surround Me

If you compare those songs I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Many of those songs I listed there from TDG are pretty good, even lyrical. But the spirit, man, the spirit... You'll have to agree with me... The spirit is gone.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-23-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
I wouldn't say that the "spirit" is gone. I think it's still there, but I do think he has changed a lot. He is not the same man he was when MOP, HC and Weathered came out. His priorities are different now; he's different. He isn't questioning God and religion like he was during those days; he's happy now, at peace in his life, based on what he has said himself in interviews. Are the lyrics on TGD as good as MOP and HC's lyrics? Not quite. But they're still decent/good. Are the songs as aggressive as some of the Creed songs? Nope. But I think that's a sign that he's no longer the aggressive guy he once was. He's peaceful now, not the angry young man he once was.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #18
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Dumbest track list ever... The last one was way better!

I prefer the first list. Starting TGD with 'Reach Out' followed by 'Fight Song', Hard Way and Justify -the hard ones in a row means introducing the rock side and finishing it in a softly way with 'Broken'- one balad- was a better choice. Similar to the position of the songs on Weathred.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #19
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I wouldn't say that the "spirit" is gone. I think it's still there, but I do think he has changed a lot. He is not the same man he was when MOP, HC and Weathered came out. His priorities are different now; he's different. He isn't questioning God and religion like he was during those days; he's happy now, at peace in his life, based on what he has said himself in interviews. Are the lyrics on TGD as good as MOP and HC's lyrics? Not quite. But they're still decent/good. Are the songs as aggressive as some of the Creed songs? Nope. But I think that's a sign that he's no longer the aggressive guy he once was. He's peaceful now, not the angry young man he once was.

Hes older, guys...what means he's more mature and consequently his necessities, points of views, interests have changed too.
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #20
Bullets
USER INFO »
i'm pretty sure that VH1 mucked up the tracklist...i know for a fact that they completely destroyed a tracklisting before for another album i liked..i just can't for the life of me remember what album it was...but it wouldn't be a first for VH1..so i'm sticking with what scottstapp.com and the eteam announced it as.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #21
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, apparently they did. The people at PBF are saying that they(the Sirius ppl) mentioned the track listing during Stapp's interview on there tonight, and it was the original one. So I guess they didn't change the list afterall.

Thank you, Ana, that was precisely what I meant. You condensed it down far better than I did.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #22
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Thank you, Ana, that was precisely what I meant. You condensed it down far better than I did.

You're always welcome, Titan!!!!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #23
Bullets
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bullets) i'm pretty sure that VH1 mucked up the tracklist...i know for a fact that they completely destroyed a tracklisting before for another album i liked..i just can't for the life of me remember what album it was...but it wouldn't be a first for VH1..so i'm sticking with what scottstapp.com and the eteam announced it as.

I remember! It was Dave Matthews Band - Stand Up

They had it all mixed up....they fixed it a few days later though..so hopefully they'll fix Scott's too...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #24
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) It's a difference between screaming and not hitting the notes/voice cracking. I had hopes that it wasn't the final CD-cut, but now that VH1 has it up, it seems that it is. It's a same the man can't sing as good as he used to. Technically he's SO much worse!! And when he was young he had a special rage in his voice... That's all gone now. Back in Creed Stapp was this struggleing young man who was very angry and thought that if enough people came together, they can make a difference. Now he's more like "black and white". Just two normal colours... Just... Just Stapp. That fighting spirit is gone.

Compare:
My Own Prison to Relearn Love
Ode to Reach Out
What's This Life For to Sublime
Illusion to Justify
Unforgiven to Fight Song
Pity For A Dime to Surround Me

If you compare those songs I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Many of those songs I listed there from TDG are pretty good, even lyrical. But the spirit, man, the spirit... You'll have to agree with me... The spirit is gone.

No, I don't agree. The spirit is still there, so is the drive and the feeling, he just presents it in a different way. I'm not gonna compare Stapp to Creed, because to me...that's seems to be unfair. Imo, you can't do that, because that was then, and this is now. As for his voice...the man's still got it, and that too presents itself in a different way as well.

Can you honestly say that in 10 years you will be the same person that you are now?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #25
RobertGene13
USER INFO »
I was just going to say that I heard in one of the interviews from PBF that the track listing with all of the hard songs in the beginning and TGD in the middle will be the correct track listing. It is supposed to symbolize Stapp and his anger followed by The Great Divide, then comes all of the music about forgiveness, etc. It imitate the way things have been over the past few years I assume. I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd chime in.

Robert
Old 11-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #26
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RobertGene13) I was just going to say that I heard in one of the interviews from PBF that the track listing with all of the hard songs in the beginning and TGD in the middle will be the correct track listing. It is supposed to symbolize Stapp and his anger followed by The Great Divide, then comes all of the music about forgiveness, etc. It imitate the way things have been over the past few years I assume. I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd chime in.

Robert

This is definitely the best list
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #27
RobertGene13
USER INFO »
By the way: I noticed that "Relearn Love" wasn't on this CD. I thought, at least originally, it was supposed to be. I've been wanting that first Tea Party version of the song, but I don't feel like buying the Passion Songs CD. Oh well.

Robert
Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RobertGene13) By the way: I noticed that "Relearn Love" wasn't on this CD. I thought, at least originally, it was supposed to be. I've been wanting that first Tea Party version of the song, but I don't feel like buying the Passion Songs CD. Oh well.

Robert

THANKS GOD!!!!

Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 AM   #29
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But I think that's a sign that he's no longer the aggressive guy he once was. He's peaceful now, not the angry young man he once was.
So are you saying that he simply can't write as good when he's not depressed?

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Can you honestly say that in 10 years you will be the same person that you are now?
No, but after 10 years of writing, I expect myself to write better lyrics. Which I don't think Stapp does. I mean, even look at Weathered. Great lyrics on that album. Compared to the Creed records TGD lyrics are pretty poor, I think.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #30
titan9
USER INFO »
Maybe so. Writing quality lyrics is not an easy thing, just like writing good riffs isn't. Some write better angry lyrics, and just aren't as good with peaceful lyrics.....myself being one of those people. I can pound out an aggressive song like that, but I have to think a lot deeper to make a decent song that isn't angry in tone.