++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-21-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
drivin and cryin

Life has really been harsh lately for me..I have went between..depression...suicidal thoughts..back to just surviving. So last night another dosie hits me and so in the middle of the night I am driving and cryin, feeling like I had hit my limit that I just couldn't take anymore..
When the funnest but most amazing thing happens as I am flipping through radio stations, I hear Mark Tremonti's voice and he is talking about how people have had guns to their heads and how hearing one of his songs was the only thing that made them feel better...I realize they are playing the VH1-Behind the Music on the radio--and then they play Don't Stop Dancing...just hearing that made me look deep in to the dark depths of my soul and I found my last scrap of hope...
So I went home and this morning my problems are still there and they still seem HUGE but the thing is I have alittle hope. Now I believe that there is a chance that somehow everything is going to be okay, somehow. Sometimes hope is the only thing standing between survival and extinction...
I need and want to say thanks to Creed because by some quirk or intervention they were there when I really needed them...
Thank you Creed!!
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 04-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Hi goddess bb,
I'm glad things seem a little better for you this morning. I am sorry you are feeling this way but things will get better. There are always some positive things in everyones life that help make the negative easier to bear.
It is so great that Creed's music can help so many people with dealing with whatever life throws our way. They have helped me many times myself when I was feeling down, including with dealing with the death of my Mother this past June.
Please hang in there and know that there are people here that you can talk to when things aren't going well in your life.
Have a great day goddess and listen to some more Creed today!
Take Care!
Rose
Old 04-21-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I know how you are feeling I to have had some of those same thoughts of suicide and being depressed and sad I find my comfort in God and Creed and friends and family:P Even if you only have a little hope it can soon lead to a lot! Just know that you are not alone in this! A lot of people have been and still are there to
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-21-2003, 02:52 PM   #4
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
uh, I just donīt know what to say now
Old 04-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »
That's an awesome story, goddess. I am so happy for you.

What would I do without God and Creed? I probably wouldn't be here now.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time, goddess_bb. I've had my share of rough tmes as well and thanks to God, some supportive people and Creed, I'm always able to make it through although when I'm going through those times, the feelings can be very powerful. I'm so glad that you heard Mark on the radio and it helped you feel a little better. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago so I can relate. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope to some day tell the guys in person what their lyrics and music have done for me and my life since discovering them. But until then, Thank You Creed and to God for giving them the wonderful gifts that they share with us.

Relearn Love
Old 04-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #7
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Goddess, I read your notes earlier, and I've been thinking a lot about you today. I hope you are feeling better. I read a magazine I ordered from ebay from a few years ago about Creed, and one particular paragraph stood out to me for you. It reads as follows: (hang in there till after the first part, it ties in later)

Scott was asked, "Is humankind headed for Apocalypse, for some final fateful reckoning?" He responds, "I don't know if I believe in that," he finally decides. "It's predicted in the Bible, but I don't know sometimes. If you read the Bible literally, God doesn't seem too nice. He seems a little mean-'Workship me or die!' 'Do what I say or get killed in Armageddon!' I mean it's not how I choose to believe in God. Repeatedly, Stapp refers to people's innate ability to take control of their own lives, turn things around for themselves and the weary world around them..."You definitely do have the power," he echoes. "I mean, from the religious standpoint you can get blinded and think that you have to sit around and wait for God to do everything for you. But if you read the Bible and think about what it's teaching you, it's there for strength, there for guidance. But ultimately, you have to do it for yourself."

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I thought coming from Scott's mouth might be a bit inspiring for you. Hang in there. You can get through anything with help from this BB and Creed!
Old 04-22-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Thank you everyone for your support. It helps to know that I am not alone!!!
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 04-22-2003, 12:56 AM   #9
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Your Welcome goddess, thats what friends are for and you have friends here with your fellow Creed fans.

Hope things get better for you!

Rose
Old 04-22-2003, 11:10 PM   #10
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Still thinking of you goddess. Hope you are hanging in there. Joy
Old 04-23-2003, 12:25 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, goddess, I'm sure glad you could see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel and that Creed helped you see it. What an inspiring moment. I wish I could say something to help make you feel better. But know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time for you. You just proved how very strong you are! Hang in there. You always have your friends at CreedFeed!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:47 PM   #12
whitebird
USER INFO »
godess-I don't think those wonderful moments in time, where everything seems to fall into place, at the right time and place are chance. I believe that when you needed that inspiration to help you get by, it was there for you.

I have had these moments too. Sometimes they are so unexpected and strange it doesn't seem to be possible, but there are some very beautiful and spiritual things that happen in the world, I can't help but believe.

If you ever feel so sad that you can't stand it again, post here, and we'll help you.

There are some really great people here, and you never know what kind of challenges that we may too have survived.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:57 AM   #13
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I hear ya defenitly.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #14
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
I'd hope to hear from goddess on how you are doing??? Take care of yourself and let us know if we can help.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:13 PM   #15
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
I just want to say again that I really appreciate your caring and support...
Things are actually getting better (seems ironic) but I am just just hanging on..sweet of you to ask crest...
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~