++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-08-2004, 05:58 PM   #16
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by XenoN)
I agree with you though, RMadd... releasing Broken Wings would be a bad idea if they want to go with a metal-oriented sound. Although, if that's the case, then why were BW and ILM on the CD? Dare I mention DTML and Burn it Down? Those songs are all very Creed-like and very not metal (DTML is borderline to me, though).
???? Even PANTERA has had some soft songs... BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has a couple acoustic/piano songs on every CD... BLS even put out an ALL acoustic/Piano cd... YOU CAN'T GET MORE METAL THAN BLS AND PANTERA

... PS
Quote: The next single will of course be Find the Real but there will not be a music video for it. After that the single will be Broken Wings and then In Loving Memory. The next CD will not have ballad songs on it like this so this is why he is releasing those.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-08-2004, 10:17 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
I actually kinda hope they have one or two ballads on the next CD. I mean, to me, it adds to the diversity of the CD. But even if it has no ballads, I'm sure it'll be a great CD.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:26 AM   #18
XenoN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) ???? Even PANTERA has had some soft songs... BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has a couple acoustic/piano songs on every CD... BLS even put out an ALL acoustic/Piano cd... YOU CAN'T GET MORE METAL THAN BLS AND PANTERA

Yeah... but AB has almost half the CD with slower/ballad type songs. I understand the bands you mentioned have played slow songs - but throw me a Pantera CD that has half of its songs as a slower/ballad type. The much greater majority of Pantera and BLS is metal. I'm pretty sure their debut albums had little, if any, "slower" material on them.

My point is that AB is too well rounded to be strictly viewed as metal. That's why you see almost half of the songs on ODR as slower type songs. I'm not dissing them in any respect - they play both really well. They're very well rounded. That's why they're an Audioslave type band - Hard Rock.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:33 AM   #19
XenoN
USER INFO »
"The next single will of course be Find the Real but there will not be a music video for it. After that the single will be Broken Wings and then In Loving Memory. The next CD will not have ballad songs on it like this so this is why he is releasing those."

Yes, I understand... but again.. .why release a shit ton of ballads if you want to be perceived as a metal band? Sure, the next CD may or may not have any ballad type songs, but first impressions are usually the most important, right?

And, honestly, I don't see ILM making it to be a single after BW... that's TOO much ballad. Two very powerful ballad songs, which I believe would make huge hits, would definitely settle AB as a Hard Rock group AT BEST in the eyes of the mainstream.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »
I guess basically what I'm looking for is another Boston or something, though without Tom Scholz's perfectionism lol

Old 12-09-2004, 02:14 AM   #21
RMadd
USER INFO »
and i guess i better comment on it while i'm thinking about it....
i basically don't want to hear any more ballads from 'em. sure they could do a great job and all but, for me anyway, i'll always have creed for ballads. i don't wanna hear myles wasted on a bunch of cheesy love songs. in the words of Dee Snyder, "I wanna rock!"