++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
MudBaybee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to MudBaybee Send a message via Yahoo to MudBaybee
Creed Ink

I wanted to post this for those that are interested.

Since the band is on their respective vacations right now, the next issue of CREEDINK will be dedicated to heavy interaction from the fans and INK members. Once I get Dana's pics back, I am going to do a story on the WAWO party that was held this past weekend in NY. If anyone got some group shots, and want to share, please send them to me.

Within a week or so we should be close to wrapping the next issue *yes, its true* You will be getting an email blast for more stories like those some of you sent to me in April. So if you know of anyone, or have any. Please send my way, with pics if availale. *The Mark meet n greets will make good fan stories for the mag!*

Anyway.. Let me know if you come up with anything.. Or respond to the blast that you will be getting soon.

Peace

please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

do not send to the hotmail address listed in my profile
Old 06-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #2
The Lithium
USER INFO »
O-YEAH!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
i don't have any fan experiences, haven't been to a concert, meet and greet or anything else.

How about I do a story about being the #1 poster on Creed Feed
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 06-03-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
Skipper
USER INFO »
Quote: Since the band is on their respective vacations right now, the next issue of CREEDINK will be dedicated to heavy interaction from the fans and INK members.

Would you kindly explain that part to these fine folks? Are you stating that the band members are on vacation, such as visiting family/friends, on a tropical island, or another country, or on vacation from their fans? Because I know for a FACT that none of them on are "vacation" as you so stated.

Yes, Scott S is in Hawaii with Jagger, enjoying his time off, and probably doesn't want to be bothered.

Yes, Mark T is doing some promotional work and side work musically, however, he is not gone for weeks, but more like days.

No, Scottie P's ass is in Orlando. Yes, he is doing golf tournys but most of them are local until later this summer. April is now on restrictions and they are due next month.

CreedINK was supposed to be about the band and fans. Not just the fans. If the staff of CreedINK had put their thinking caps on, they could have found many different stories to do on the guys the past few months. And yes, I said this directly to someone's face on the matter. And they wouldn't be scrambling for bullshit excuses such as they are using.

So either you are playing these people here as fools too, or you weren't told the truth in the first place.

I have no quams with you, but I am very irritated with how this situation is being handled. Passing the buck comes to mind. And because you started this topic, I responded. It's nothing personal.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:05 AM   #5
JenRN
USER INFO »
I do admmit I would love to see a pic of Scott in Hawaii or Mark and Scott just "doing there thing" over the summer it would be cool!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #6
benkenobi
USER INFO »
It's nothin' to get worked up over. We'll see what's in the CreedINK mag. when it is sent out. It's ok.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #7
Skipper
USER INFO »
I tried to reply earlier, but there was a bug in the system.

I am not getting worked up over it. I am not a paying member of CreedINK, no need to be. However, I find it very disappointing in how the business end of things are continuely being conducted. I have no beef with there being fan articles in the magazine. As most would agree. However, lying to the fans about the reasoning for the "heavy" fan related upcoming issue is bullshit and is wrong. I certainly don't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:04 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
OK, I must have missed something here...MudBayBee, are you a staffer at CreedInk? If so, what do you do there?
Old 06-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
OK, I must have missed something here...MudBayBee, are you a staffer at CreedInk? If so, what do you do there?

If so, you better start shipping to Brazil, damn it! :P
Old 06-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Well I hope Creedink is not a lot of BS because I just paid my membership. And ithe only reason I joined was because I love Creed and assumed this was a magazine about the band, with lots of info and pictures and the like.

I find this very interesting because there was a whole thread on the Pit last week about what Creed does or rather, doesn't do for the fans. There were many interesting comments from FANS. One of the things a lot of people said was how poorly the fanclub was run expecially for a band the stature of Creed.

Another big complaint was that Creed has promised things and not followed through.

So If this is true, if creed is not interested enough to put forth some effort into the "official" fan mag, I don't see it sitting too well with fans.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:44 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Creed Ink

Quote: Originally posted by MudBaybee
I wanted to post this for those that are interested.

Since the band is on their respective vacations right now, the next issue of CREEDINK will be dedicated to heavy interaction from the fans and INK members. Once I get Dana's pics back, I am going to do a story on the WAWO party that was held this past weekend in NY. If anyone got some group shots, and want to share, please send them to me.  

Within a week or so we should be close to wrapping the next issue *yes, its true* You will be getting an email blast for more stories like those some of you sent to me in April. So if you know of anyone, or have any. Please send my way, with pics if availale. *The Mark meet n greets will make good fan stories for the mag!*

Little confused here Mud, most of us received emails last week that CreedINK was being shipped this week, not just getting finished up. So what is your deal? Not meant to be argumentative or derogatory, but we're a bit in the dark about what you're talking about.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #12
mamm1234
USER INFO »
I suspect what Mud is talking about is the next issue (August?) But it seems to me that we PURCHASED a magazine. IMHO, while fans can submit stuff if they chose to, it is not our responsibility to put it together.

Sticker seems to know what he's talking about and to be honest the statement that Stapp is enjoying his vacation and probably doesn't want to be bothered...bothers me.

How long would it take for each of these guys to give a little time, info, pics etc to make this a good magazine for the fans, who BTW, are making their vacations possible.

I don't usually get negative like this and I love Creed but, sorry, this is annoying.

I wonder if this was posted on the PIt.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:15 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Anybody get theirs yet?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mamm1234
Sticker seems to know what he's talking about and to be honest the statement that Stapp is enjoying his vacation and probably doesn't want to be bothered...bothers me.  

How long would it take for each of these guys to give a little time, info, pics etc to make this a good magazine for the fans, who BTW, are making their vacations possible.

I don't usually get negative like this and I love Creed but, sorry,  this is annoying.

Not to start anything, and maybe this is just me, but why can't we all be satisfied with JUST the music? Why is that we have to keep asking and demanding more outside of the music from them?

Yes, we pay for the magazine, but it's up to the people hired to put the magazine out to do a better job. I personally want to see pics and interviews done during the Weathered Tour. I'm sure there is plenty of fodder there. I frankly was disappointed with the second issue because most of the stuff in there was old news. And maybe a little preview of what's coming from them musically.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:37 PM   #15
souldancer
USER INFO »
It's not just you...I feel the expectations from the band is so high too...and with all they have been through. They have given and given. CreedInk is as separate issue..