++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #16
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: [b]Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
I agree! But what do you mean by so-so base?

The base in Weathered was not very good. Mark wrote/performed it all himself. A valliant effort indeed, but he's not a bassist and I think it showed. It was still good, just not up to their prev. standards. Hopefully Brett can help out in that arena.

Quote:
The whole Christianity thing... I must say, despite they claim they´re not, is one of best things about them!

I agree they´re not Christian, they don´t praise God on the songs, but reflect with God (on some of them). They make you think! </b>

Agreed... I'm a Christian, and I know Creed is NOT a Christian band. Some people still don't understand that. They have used Biblical imagery/poetry in their lyrics, which is why some continue to think Creed is such a band (I think this is what generates a lot of the pop-culture "hatred" of Creed). But I agree with you -- those interesting, fluid, flowing lyrics is one of the aspects of Creed that make their music so unique. I hope Stapp will turn back to his roots in this regard.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree that Weathered did have more of a packaged feel to it and I think some of that likely came from Wind-Up. They're seeing a cash-cow in Creed and that usually means a more mainstream approach. They don't have to sell out, though. Other groups have stayed true to themselves and have maintained a decent fan base, enough to make a comfortable living. Look at Pearl Jam, for instance. They don't sell nearly as much as they used to, but their concerts sell out in minutes. If the music is good, people will buy it, enough for the artist or group to make a living.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:47 AM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>The base in Weathered was not very good. Mark wrote/performed it all himself. A valliant effort indeed, but he's not a bassist and I think it showed. It was still good, just not up to their prev. standards. Hopefully Brett can help out in that arena.

&nbsp;
Agreed... I'm a Christian, and I know Creed is NOT a Christian band. Some people still don't understand that. They have used Biblical imagery/poetry in their lyrics, which is why some continue to think Creed is such a band (I think this is what generates a lot of the pop-culture "hatred" of Creed). But I agree with you -- those interesting, fluid, flowing lyrics is one of the aspects of Creed that make their music so unique. I hope Stapp will turn back to his roots in this regard. </b>

and I agree 100% again!

I didn´t realize you were talking about the bass lines!

Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
If the music is good, people will buy it, enough for the artist or group to make a living.

Agree... but... is it enough for Wind-Up, for example, make a living?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:54 AM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
But seriously, I don´t know which way they´re going, but we all know their style.

And I´m feeling the lyrics will be awesome this time, since Stapp is having more time. I dunno, but I feel like Weathered was kinda rushed... I love it, musically it´s &nbsp;great, I love all the songs, but I just have this feeling... Do you?

Yes, Marcos, I have that feeling too. As much as I want to hear a new cd, I'm willing to wait. I'd rather have them take their time instead of rushing the process.

Relearn Love
Old 06-09-2003, 12:00 PM   #20
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Yeah!

I´M ALWAYS RIGHT !!!

LOL! :lol: j/k
Old 06-09-2003, 01:46 PM   #21
creednet-x
USER INFO »
To me Weathered was just more poppy than other 2! MOP and HC were just this 2 kick ass rock albums and Weathered on the other side had some great songs, I don't know there is something about Weathered that makes is weaker album than MOP and HC!
Old 06-09-2003, 03:33 PM   #22
JenRN
USER INFO »
MOP is my favorite of the three so I hope it is heavier and more in depth lyric wise than Weathered. I like Weathered don't get me wrong BUT....... the first 2 esp MOP was more RAW and more intense!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #23
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Quote: The whole Christianity thing... I must say, despite they claim they´re not, is one of best things about them!

Very well put Marcos, you hit it on the head.

My concern with next time around is this: How many venues will they hit. They hit so many last time, that's what burned them out. I hit four concerts in a three hour radius. That's crazy. (Not for me if I'm being selfish).

As far as Weathered goes, when I first popped it into my CD player, I was worried it was going to be really hard rock, Bullets came on strong! But I liked the variety of the album. I loved Lullaby in concert. I was shocked it was on the album, but it shows a side to Scott that a parent like me enjoys relating to.

But, until January, every day is a day closer. Tick-tock.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:26 PM   #24
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
to me, weathered was more of trying to stretch their musical base a little bit more....it is hard to tell where they might go and the next album...
Old 06-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #25
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
...i think Mark is gonna rock out w/ Flamenco....u kon he's been itchin to bust that out....lol...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-09-2003, 11:11 PM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
lol, Matt! that´s true!

yeah, here, since weathered came out, a lot of teenyboopers began enjoying Creed and they don´t even have a clue about what´s behind them... And DSD got a lot of airplay on pop radios
Old 06-10-2003, 02:37 AM   #27
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
I dont know why,but i think this album will have more Christianity influenced lyrics then the rest of the albums. I just have a feeling.

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:04 AM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
to me, weathered was more of trying to stretch their musical base a little bit more....it is hard to tell where they might go and the next album...

I wouldn't call it stretching their musical base; Weathered was more commercial, that's for sure. Alice In Chains stretched their musical base by going acoustic on a couple of EPs, but that stuff never made it onto to pop stations the way WAWO and DSD did. I just hope the music will be honest and about them, not about Wind-Up Records trying to push them in a direction because of coin.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:08 AM   #29
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I think Tremonti is going to have some wicked solo's in the next album seeing as he has had to postpone his solo album himself.

I wonder what it will be called...:eye:
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-10-2003, 04:31 AM   #30
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
Yeah im hanging out for some Tremo solos on the next album too.
I hate it when my mates keep saying creed have gone soft now, seeing weathered was their softest album, i hope they come out with some heavy stuff which i think they will, but hey its creed i know im gonna love the next album whatever happens.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING