++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #3061
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

"Waste Not, Want Not"

“Waste no tears
Upon the blotted record of lost years,
But turn the leaf, and smile, oh smile, to see
The fair white pages that remain for thee.
“Prate not of thy repentance. But believe
The spark divine dwells in thee: let it grow.
That which the up-reaching spirit can achieve
The grand and all creative forces know;
They will assist and strengthen as the light
Lifts up the acorn to the oak-tree’s height.
Thou hast but to resolve, and lo! God’s whole
Great universe shall fortify thy soul.” Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3062
Sasa
USER INFO »

Coinkydink? (sorry I spelled that wrong (Coincidence?)

I just finished "Sinner's Creed"! I bought a copy from Amazon back when it first came out...months ago. I actually received a copy of it yesterday afternoon in my mailbox. My daughter said, " Who is that? He is cute!

I read 125 pages last night, but finally had to go to bed because I just started a new job and I am in the middle of orientation. It has been a challenge. I can't run and that is upsetting to me cause I love to run in the afternoons but I am not getting home til dark...so I am going to run all weekend. ;p.

Anyway...It's really ironic and only God can connect people in such a way that totally becomes a dynamic reflection of one another.

Of course it is a natural law that like attracts like even above words..it's an energy.

I couldn't put the book down. I finished it tonight and even read it on my lunch break today. Yea! Amazing irony...I couldn't believe the connections.

I really enjoyed it and was inspired and moved. I appreciate the work and the time it took to create this and to share with the world. I also understand the courage that it takes to talk about such personal pain and situations and admire the transparency that went into this book. Very moving! Definately a BESTSELLER! God's Blessings... Always prayed, and still praying!

Guidance...

I stopped by Publix on my way home this evening and found some cole slaw. It had Sweet Cole Slaw marked on the container. Good Stuff! :-D

Last edited by Sasa : 10-05-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3063
Sasa
USER INFO »

“Gracious acceptance is an art - an art which most never bother to cultivate. We think that we have to learn how to give, but we forget about accepting things, which can be much harder than giving.... Accepting another person's gift is allowing him to express his feelings for you.”
― Alexander McCall Smith

Last edited by Sasa : 10-05-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #3064
Sasa
USER INFO »

The Process

I have taken in so much information this week that I am on information overload right now. A couple of amazing lessons I have learned is yearning to be spoken about.

One of the main concepts I keep hearing in my mind over and over is that when something goes wrong in a situation, it is not the person, but the process the person is using that needs refining.

That can go very deep. The process, sure it can be a simple skill to carry out a task in the most efficient way possible. A task that has been time tested by others who have devoted their lives to perfecting the process to finish with the best possible result. Meanwhile, Always accepting that there is room for improvement.

The process can also be the way a person thinks and the images supplied in mind through life experiences. Change the very essence of thought pattern, change the images...and the persons life changes right along with them.

Just some thoughts this morning. One more day...

Last edited by Sasa : 10-05-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #3065
Sasa
USER INFO »

Truth!

Yesterday during orientation as we learned about an EKG, the speaker said something that stood out in my mind. She said, "Truth always stays the same."

Then I saw this in my mind:
Truth stands the TEST of TIME. With practice truth always produces the same results.The lie will take us to a dead end street. A dead end street over and over again until we accept the truth.

She was speaking of the way the heart association has changed the names of certain heart rhythms. One of them had 5 different names..but it was THE SAME RHYTHM. She said doesn't matter what you call it...it's the same thing folks..don't get confused!

A million thoughts went through my head when she said that. But TRUTH no matter where you apply it, even with a heart rhythm strip ...is still truth. It never changes. Truth is Timeless. It cuts like a knife through lies, through labeling, through all the different names, the "Rhythm" remains the same!

We have been spoiled this week with catered breakfasts and lunches, drinks. Anything we wanted. But one big episode has stood out in my mind and that is that everytime I would step up to fix my lunch..I got asked by a different person..Why I didn't eat meat? To keep it short and to keep from getting into a long debate...I said for health reasons, I feel better when I stay away from it. Which is Truth..but not the whole truth.

I saw a video and read a quote that changed my life...and I will never eat another animal as long as I live. I will eat roots and grass first. You see when we go to a restaurant and order a beautiful steak, or we go buy the nicely packaged meat at the grocery store...it looks so nice and peaceful lying there. Its all good, right?...What happened to get it to that point?

I said to myself, if you don't have compassion for the animals, at least think about the negative energy that you are putting into your body...because the enzymes that were produced in the torture and mutilation the animal suffered...went directly into the MEAT and then into my body.

Now ...with that said...it is a personal decision...but I stand behind mine. My kids....they have to make that decision for themselves. I still buy it because they eat it...and I don't think its right to force my perception and belief on them. But they do have the right to see the entire process and to know the truth..so that they can make their own decision in the future when the time is right for them.

"One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and Nature shall not be broken."
Leo Tolstoy

“As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.”

― Leo Tolstoy

Think about it...if life is our reflection on a micro level...life is also a reflection on a macro level.

This morning...I put a link on here that took the reader straight to video's that will change the way you think about food intake. I want to apologize if it was too graphic...maybe inappropriate material.

If anyone is curious...just go to you tube and search "The truth about slaughter houses" you will become fully educated on the topic.

This is a link that provokes serious thought and gets the point across without the graphic images:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakAfNWxneg

Black Elk Oglala Sioux Holy Man

1863-1950 (TRUTH STANDS THE TEST OF TIME)..ALWAYS

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....
Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.

This is the rhythm strip that brought all this into being..It is called SVT...Its a very FAST rhythm..it also has 5 other names but it is the same rhythm.

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/upload/136203.gif

I am so thankful for knowledge and truth even when it hurts and causes me to change direction! Blessed Saturday...

Last edited by Sasa : 10-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #3066
Sasa
USER INFO »

The Macro Reflection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIKJ9mo7wU

Last edited by Sasa : 10-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #3067
Sasa
USER INFO »

Break the Cycle

When I was taught about the infection PROCESS I was told that I had to intervene in the middle of the PROCESS in order to break the cycle.

By intervention I can prevent infection from occurring. In order to have the knowledge to take this kind of action. I had to understand the process of infection from start to finish.

Its the same with ANY PROCESS. If results that a process is producing in our lives is causing a result we do not like, with intervention the old cycle is broken and the new emerges unless we follow the same process as before producing the same results.

In other words we must change thought pattern, images and actions in mind in order to produce a physical manifestation that is more PLEASING!

Cycle of Infection:

http://www.rncentral.com/blog/wp-con...oads/chain.jpg

Cycle Broken:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zcDV6AL1b0...hain1+copy.jpg

The way we break the cycle is to make a drastic change. A simple way to do that is to read a book that takes you in the opposite direction of where you were going. WORD is new thought, new thought applied...produces new results.

Another way to break a cycle is to sit down and write out what your goals are and then look at images of those goals multiple times per day. After some time passes you will see that resources to produce those goals and make them real..come to you! Prove me Wrong! Please...

Have a Great Sunday!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #3068
Sasa
USER INFO »

Peace...

http://missionhelpers.files.wordpres...n_and_lamb.jpg

http://www.destinychurch.tv/sites/de...jpg?1339709841

Think about it! Usually this would not happen. What is it a reflection of? A future society?

Can it really be that simple, to observe it in our reality, we simply change our eating habits?

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think, the manifestation of human compassion.”
― Dalai Lama XIV

“You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know.”
― William Wilberforce

“For as long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”
― Pythagoras

“By eating meat we share the responsibility of climate change, the destruction of our forests, and the poisoning of our air and water. The simple act of becoming a vegetarian will make a difference in the health of our planet.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

“Peace is not something you wish for, � it is something you make, something you are, something you do,�and something you give away. ”
― Robert Fulghum

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men."
Leonardo da Vinci, artist and scientist

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."
Mahatma Gandhi, statesman and philosopher

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
Thomas Edison, inventor

If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~Paul McCartney (You tube is the GLASS Wall)

Last edited by Sasa : 10-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #3069
Sasa
USER INFO »

A Dream within a Dream

Saturday night I dreamed, in the dream I was teaching a friend of mine about metabolism. Now the graph I showed him in the dream was something I had never encountered in waking hours.

I drew it in dream and I remembered it when I woke up, so I drew it again and showed my daughter. Out of curiosity I googled metabolism when we eat six meals per day. In the dream I was showing him the difference in our bodies reaction to 3 large meals verses 6 small meals.

The graph showed how we have a large increase in glucose release with a large meal and a large crash when it comes down again. The crash makes you feel very bad, it also makes us eat more during our 2nd or 3rd meal of the day. Usually our 3rd meal is the largest...and we have a HUGE crash about bedtime.

If we eat 6 small meals, we don't have crashes, we don't get hungry, and the body works better because we have consistent energy levels and our metabolism believe it or not actually speeds up and stays consistent as well.

Here is the graphs, They already existed:

http://www.betterlifeclinics.com/wp-...linGraph_6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f3jMESj9ea...inGraph_3a.jpg

You see with a large meal the peak is much higher therefore the crash is more intense.

My point is that dreams are creative and they are also messages, sometimes lifesaving messages. They are portals of communication as well with those who have passed on.

"The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened". ~James Arthur Baldwin

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." ~Edgar Cayce

Beautiful Monday!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-08-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #3070
Sasa
USER INFO »

Jumping Rope

My daughter recently stared a hole in my nose while we were driving home for the evening. I could see her out of the corner of my eye, she finally got up the nerve to ask me how I got that little crook right in the center of it.

I told her there were two possibilities to that. One night on our way home from a party, my sister and I as teenagers got into a fight in the car. Actually she was the one fighting, I was trying to drive. Someone gave her vodka at the party and, after trial and error we discovered she is not a vodka drinker. While going down the highway she decides she wants to jump out of the car. I am driving at a high rate of speed, reach over to pull her back in and bring back nothing but her shirt, I did manage to keep her from jumping out. Me removing her shirt..made her furious, so she decked me with a closed fist right in the nose. I saw stars...to be punched in the nose is excruciating. She then decided to hit me again with her other fist in the side of the head. By this time I am so angry I could kill her...but I took into consideration that this is the vodka reacting, not my beloved sister. So I didn't hit her back, instead I got us home and put her in the bed. It is funny I go into some kind trance when I am hit, it is actually kind of funny. It doesn't bother me like it would most people. I had this patient cuss me like a dog one night..and I thought to myself this can't be really happening..and I really thought it was funny. I guess God is with me in those situations, He gave me a special gift under intense emotional pressure.

The other possibility is when I was very little, I was trying to teach myself how to jump rope on concrete outside my home. After many tries I finally had a good rhythm going when somehow my feet got tangled in the rope and I went forward onto the cement, landing on my nose. It bled really bad, excruciating pain...geesh. I retired from jump roping (edit: I mean jumping rope..it is early..OK?) after that experience. Some people are just not meant to jump rope.

After these explanations she laughed at me for quite some time. I thought I am glad my wounds can be uplifting, at least something good came from experiencing those painful events. It made my kid laugh.

http://inspiringshortstories.org/wp-...t-medicine.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.good...cine-large.jpg

"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
Mark Twain

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-09-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #3071
Sasa
USER INFO »

Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #3072
Sasa
USER INFO »

Stress and Laughter

Yesterday upon arriving at my destination. I entered a very large room with a movie screen at the front of it. A professor at a local university began to speak and show us videos.

He is a pilot and he also teaches aviation. His mission yesterday was to teach us patient safety. We were put into live simulations with mannequins and expected to perform in front of our peers and research personnel behind a one way mirror. Talk about pressure and high stress. I forgot my name and could barely remember how to perform. I looked like a deer in the headlights much of the time and kind of wished someone would punch me to snap me out of it.

I survived but had a rough day. Very stressful...I killed a mannequin. It was a disaster. Too much morphine. 4mg is the max dose on morphine no matter what the physician is telling you to do. I was like ok doc whatever you say 20 mgs. I could have killed 4 elephants. They were teaching me to question the doctor when I know something isn't right. I failed that one, but learned a valuable lesson.

later we learned that stress causes your brain to forget simple processes that you knew before the stress level rises. It causes you to be emotionally hijacked and that is what the entire purpose of putting us through that was about. It was to teach us how to think in a high pressure situation without loosing our cool. Because when you are in a room with someone who is dying and you are trying to bring them back..you completely loose your train of thought so we are being taught to make it automatic without having to think about it.

In the middle of all this purposely induced stress the professor would put on funny videos, this is one, I laughed so hard I cried....

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/98090/toot_tone/

Anyway...the laughter in between the stressful scenarios allowed us to get through the day without loosing it completely. We have to do it all over again today, am I anxious? absolutely...

This another one he showed us, called the trunk monkey..funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

Have a good day!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-10-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #3073
Sasa
USER INFO »

Multi-tasking (NOT)

Do you know that noone can really multi-task? The brain is not set up that way. We only have the potential to focus on one thing at a time. So instead of multi-tasking what we are really doing is switching from thing at time quickly. Some have the gift of switching tasks faster and staying focused on each one without getting flustered.

I have learned that though we may think we can, we can't. When we are in a stressful situation we can become emotionally hijacked and our focus becomes shifted on to the stressor and it is taken away from our task. In order to shift it back to the task at hand. We have to stop and take time to literally shift back. Take breaths, count to 10, visualize. anything to shift the focus away from the stressor.

Yesterday I saved my manniquin patient...Yay! Interesting thing is it was the same scenario with different meds and a different problem but the same situation. Physician ordering...read back...except this time I said wait...this is not right. You are going to have to give me a new order. You can't put Lovenox in an IV. As soon as I said that the person behind the one way mirror said ..Stop...scene complete, you guys are finished.

The entire two days...taught us how to work together as a team and how to be assertive and a patient advocate in the face of authority. Because to err is human. We all make mistakes. It is up to each one of us to have each others backs and to not be afraid to say. I don't know everything but my gut is telling me something is not right. We have to be able to swallow our pride, crucify the ego and reach out to each other for help and also help each other when we see a brother or sister in need, don't let them hang themselves.

"We are our brother's keeper..." In every situation...

This professor has flown helicopters for the Navy, and also flown into major storms, he also teaches meteorology, safety and aviation at a local university. He told us stories, and taught us amazing concepts that changed who I am. Awesome human being. He touched my heart and changed who I am in two days. That is pretty powerful stuff. People are amazing.

I kept thinking he was a mind reader because he called me out in front of everyone and said ...didn't you say you were feeling a little anxious today? I thought to myself I didn't say it out loud but yes...I said that. He looked at me and said, you are not the only one. How sweet is that?

Have a great day!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-11-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #3074
Sasa
USER INFO »

Correction: "WE" helped our patient live another day... ;-)

http://ccsmallbusiness.files.wordpre...1/teamwork.gif
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #3075
Sasa
USER INFO »

You being You

I dreamed all night. One scene after another scene....

I am at a concert, guitarist in the dream goes down, At first I was checking a pulse but then realized she wasn't the guitarist, but a mother. I kept checking her pulse, it would come and go...some major issues going on...healthwise. It wasn't clear in the dream but we finally got her to come to and she was fine after we were able to get her to sit up, but there was no guitarist anymore..so the concert was cancelled.

Scene change..I am in the water, someone is calling me and when I try to get to them a very powerful wind pushes me down stream, Tornado...I am then crawling on my belly through the woods trying to get home. But tree limbs are falling all around me, and I am praying none of them hit me in the head.

Scene change... I am in a raggedy storm cellar, there is a very large tornado...I am surrounded by kids and my family and I am telling them we are not safe...the shelter is not going to hold through this storm...but some how the storm missed us....but there is another one coming...and I told all of them we have to get into a stronger shelter next time.

I had others but these are the ones standing out to me today...Usually when I dream like this, there is a strong message that relates to reality with symbolism being the key decoder. Trees, Storm, Shelter, Loss of life, Family...do you get the picture?

I don't know what is coming but it is going to cause a major change within my circle..a tragic change...but in the end we survive, we are supported through it.

Scene change...you ever notice how another person's dreams speak to you as well on a personal level and also in a message as well? Why is that?

Because their dreams are also your dreams! It is no accident that you are reading these words...it was meant to be.

Now to the point of today....

When we have the courage to be who we are, we effect so many people without even knowing it because we are so busy just being ourselves and being comfortable in our own skin. I ask myself why is it like this? I think people feel your energy, they feel your spirit and the love inside you and want what you have and so they are determined to be like you in order to get it.

What most don't realize is that, it is already inside them. There is nothing material that can take you to this place, no amount of riches or fame, but Love inside yourself is the only ticket to all that on the outside. But the funny thing is that when you realize what you have on the inside. All that other STUFF, doesn't matter as much anymore. What matters most is relationships with others and really living a life of love and service. That is truly the key to happiness. "He lives..."

It is very freeing, no agenda, just having the courage to speak up about your own choices and expressing who we are freely. All the while attracting like minded, caring, beautiful people into your circle every moment.

Have a Great Day!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.