++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: what is the best code of football?
football (soccer) 4 33.33%
american football 4 33.33%
rugby (union or league) 3 25.00%
australian rules 1 8.33%
gaelic football 0 0%
other-please name 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
best code of football

okay which code is the best?
football (soccer)
american football
rugby (union or league specify)
australian football
gaelic football

the right answer of course is aussie football! there is no padding and dudes can legally jump on a guy's head and take a mark (a catch).
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #2
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Hey! Where's the New Zealand rugby option? Now THAT is the toughest sport, mmm those guys wooooo

Well my fote went to League
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Hey! Where's the New Zealand rugby option? Now THAT is the toughest sport, mmm those guys wooooo

Well my fote went to League

league? i thought the kiwis loved union more!
union is better cause they do that thing where they pick the dudes up from the sideline throw-in and they have the scrums instead of the dodgy 6 tackle rule. my footy team is sucking this year! they've made the finals for the past 7 years (making them the most consistent team over that period) but they only beat the worst team on sunday by 2 points! its a disgrace that AFL hasen't taken off around the world. i reckon if it was a U.S sport it would have taken off.

who has seen a game of aussie rules?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Wow

Uh Oh You Lost Me Here...Clueless i did,nt vote ...They are all after a ball Bottom Light Right...Keep Your eye on it and you will never miss it Play Hard And God Bless,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) league? i thought the kiwis loved union more!
Do you mean like Super 12? Because if so, yes us kiwi's live off supporting our town! Hahaha. League is great though, much more faster than rugby, I like it. Haven't watched a game in ages though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) my footy team is sucking this year!
Support New Zealand, you'll be much better off! lmao

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) who has seen a game of aussie rules?
I watched it when my brother did, he plays it at school also. Strange game LOL
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Do you mean like Super 12? Because if so, yes us kiwi's live off supporting our town! Hahaha. League is great though, much more faster than rugby, I like it. Haven't watched a game in ages though.
yeah super 12 is alright although international games is where its at! union is a far better game than league IMO....but both get nowhere aussie rules!

Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Support New Zealand, you'll be much better off! lmao
hey how come every team has a sheep for their mascot?

Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) I watched it when my brother did, he plays it at school also. Strange game LOL
oh okay cool.....there are little leagues in countries like n.z, south africa and the u.s but it has never really taken off.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
um, i voted for soccer (football to the rest of the world). american football is kinda for pansies. you run your ass off for 5 seconds, maybe 10 secs, 15 absolute (and very rarely) tops. then you rest a good 40 secs. and canadians prolly think they're all a bunch of billy-bad-asses b/c their field is 10 yards longer. soccer, they run 90 minutes straight, it's a game of strategy. i've never seen a rugby match, but i imagine it's pretty intense. and i don't know the difference between australian rules football & gaelic football, but those are prolly pretty ballsy, too.
and, hayley, since he didn't mention NZ rugby, you coulda selected "other". just a thought lol.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:34 AM   #8
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
ryan good job, soccer kicks ass.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) ryan good job, soccer kicks ass.
yes it do. i played all the way from kindergarten to freshman year of high school. and even tho i played w/ some real pricks in HS, it was still a good time. definitely excellent exercise, best shape of my life during season.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:45 AM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
Amber, you had me trippin' there for a sec... people usually refer to me as BearFan (my old name on here), Bear (obviously a derivative of my old name), or RMadd. I had to think for a sec: "wait... she's talking to me! lol"

Old 04-12-2005, 04:16 AM   #11
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) um, i voted for soccer (football to the rest of the world). american football is kinda for pansies. you run your ass off for 5 seconds, maybe 10 secs, 15 absolute (and very rarely) tops. then you rest a good 40 secs. and canadians prolly think they're all a bunch of billy-bad-asses b/c their field is 10 yards longer. soccer, they run 90 minutes straight, it's a game of strategy.
soccer is easily the most skillful of the codes but i'ld say for entertainment purposes its not as good....mainly cause of the prevelance of nil all draws. watching grown men roll over and fake injuries to get free kicks and penalties also is a little pathetic. playing a code of football where you can't use your arms is incredibly skillful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i've never seen a rugby match, but i imagine it's pretty intense. and i don't know the difference between australian rules football & gaelic football, but those are prolly pretty ballsy, too.
and, hayley, since he didn't mention NZ rugby, you coulda selected "other". just a thought lol.

both codes of rugby (union and league) are certainly intense, its basically americna football without the padding. the basic difference between union and league is that after 6 tackles (bring the dude to the ground) in league the other team gets the ball whereas union doesn't have that. aussie and gaelic football is quite similar except the gaelic players use a soccer ball, whilst aussie football uses what looks like a rugby ball that is longer and flatter. as far as i know there is no such thing as NZ rugby.....i think she's referring to league.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 04-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #12
Anna1011
USER INFO »
rugby union all the way, bin a huge fan since i was 4 and was going to join my local team couple of years back but fucked up my knee and cant play

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 04-12-2005, 03:57 PM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
man, i don't think there's a "smilie" on here for "that's way over my head". i can distinguish between american football, soccer, and rugby (i know what it looks like), but keeping all the different codes of rugby or football or whatever the hell you're exactly talking about lol..... that's something else

Old 04-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #14
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
you know the crazed american football fanatic who's overweight and lives by the television in constant supply of bear, and just exists the rest of the year?
the way they watch the game? and get involved?
thats me.
minus, you know, the beer, etc.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 04-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'm more of a baseball fan, myself. see, growing up in Cardinals Nation, I was too young to remember the Big Red (St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL) - they moved away when i was 4 - and the Rams didn't arrive 'til '95, when I'd already been a baseball Cards fan for about 5 years. and it didn't help that the Rams sucked their first 4 seasons here, so I continued to follow the 49ers, who had been my favorite team up until then (first Joe Mantana & Jerry Rice, then Steve Young & Jerry Rice).... i guess winning the Super Bowl was nice, but expansion & relocation are pretty much the devil, destroying die-hard alliances to teams & franchises. imo, the only true baseball fans are those of teams that were around before, say, 1960. Giants, Yankees, Cardinals, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Dodgers, Red Sox, etc. All the fans of other teams are terribly fair-weather, it's pathetic.