++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Trinity or Godhead?

I was just wondering which most of you believe in and why. The "Trinity" or God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit being one being with 3, shall we say, personalities, or in the "Godhead" the belief in 3 distinctly seperate beings.

I believe in the Godhead. It is hard for me to grasp the concept of one being, 3 in purpose. Seems to me kind of like a Schizophrenic, but that's just my opionion.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 06-09-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit God- He created the world and everything in it, gave his only son to take away sin and to give eternal life, new of everything about the world and everything in it before it was even exhistant.

Jesus-For being willing to die even though He could have refused, knowing the exact number of hair that is on our head, He forgives and loves unconditionally,and His mercy is everlasting.

Holy Spirit-Helps to strengthen our spirit being, gives us the knowledge of right from wrong(kinda like conscience) In some cases it warms us ahead of time of danger so we know when somethings wrong.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
I believe in the Godhead. Mostly all of what Julie said conforms with my beliefs. I believe God is the Divine Father of our Spirits, and sent us to this mortal state so we could obtain physical bodies, certain ordinances (baptism, etc.), knowledge and experience so we could progress and someday return to Him and become like Him.

I believe Christ created the world, under the direction/supervision of the Father, and He willingly Atoned for our sins so we may have opportunity to obtain forgiveness through His atoning blood and infinite mercy. He also died for us and was resurrected so we could someday do the same and have our bodies and spirits reunited. Christ has made it possible for us to conquer both physical and spiritual death, under the Great Plan of our Heavenly Father.

I agree totally with Julie's take on the Holy Spirit.
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 06-09-2003, 05:03 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mysacrifice411
I believe in the Godhead.  Mostly all of what Julie said conforms with my beliefs.  I believe God is the Divine Father of our Spirits, and sent us to this mortal state so we could obtain physical bodies, certain ordinances (baptism, etc.), knowledge and experience so we could progress and someday return to Him and become like Him.

I believe Christ created the world, under the direction/supervision of the Father, and He willingly Atoned for our sins so we may have opportunity to obtain forgiveness through His atoning blood and infinite mercy.  He also died for us and was resurrected so we could someday do the same and have our bodies and spirits reunited.  Christ has made it possible for us to conquer both physical and spiritual death, under the Great Plan of our Heavenly Father.

I agree totally with Julie's take on the Holy Spirit.
:P
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-09-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
On Genesis 1, we have "Let´s make...", so we can conclude that 2 or more people were creating the world, so I believe Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 3 different beings with one purpose. They´re not the same, but they complete each other!

I´m not going deep on this, I made it short.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #6
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
The Holy Spirit isn't a person or a being. It is God's active force, the means by which he accomplishes his purposes. For example, at Pentecost 33 CE, when Jesus' disciples were gathered in an upper room after his death, God poured out holy spirit upon them, causing them to be able to speak in tongues.

Marcos, Jesus is described as being God's "Master Worker". He helped God create the earth and everything in it, and also all the spirit creatures. The only thing God created by himself is Jesus, which is why Jesus is referred to as God's only-begotten Son. So, yes, it was God and Jesus creating the heavens and the earth in the beginning.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
that´s what I said, with more words.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:28 PM   #8
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Sorry, I got the impression from your post that you believe the Holy Spirit is a person.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:29 PM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
I believe in the Trinity--Father (most commonly, and mistakenly, referred to as "God": the Father is only a part of God), Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit (the "messenger" part of God). All three are equally part of God; none is more "God" than any other. Thus, it was the whole entity of "God" (and not merely the first division) that created the heavens and the earth. To put it in fewer words, the Godhead that is spoken of (I've never really learned/heard much about it) can be viewed as a collective entity known, as one, as "God."

Old 08-05-2003, 08:02 PM   #10
ZION1010
USER INFO »
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS GOD THE SAME WAS THE SAME WAS THE BEGINNING WITH GOD AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH JESUS told his disiples when youve seen me youve seen the father >> GO TO JOHN CH9 >>>56>58 MAY GODS SPRIT OF TRUTH BE YOUR GUIDE
Old 08-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #11
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
have any of you ever pointed to anyone? My martial arts instructor taught that if you point, three things come back at you, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I rest my case.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 08-09-2003, 01:13 PM   #12
ZION1010
USER INFO »
And Jesus Christ Whoam Tho Has Sent Me I Have Glorified thee on earth I have Finshed The work which Tho Gave Me to do And Now O Father Glorify You With me With Thine Own Hand Self With glory Which I had With Thee Before The World was
Old 08-15-2003, 08:36 AM   #13
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
BearFan, what basis do you have for believing in the trinity?

And Zion, are you saying you believe in the trinity? I couldn't quite figure it out from your post. But since you are quoting John 1:1, I assume you do believe in the trinity, since that is the scripture most often used by trinitarians to "prove" their point.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
ZION1010
USER INFO »
IM Not Trintiey Or Or A godhead I Was Somebodey Who Was was Called By The Spirt Of God Not Religon So I Wont Argue About The way People makes thier salvation The God That Moses Spoke To Was Without Name IAM That Iam The Sweet IAM Is Jesus Christ Lord Of All that Consist On earth And In heavean Their Our No Other Gods Beside The Christ Jesus Is Lord And Loves Us All
Old 08-17-2003, 01:41 AM   #15
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
So, Zion, do you believe that Jesus IS God?

And I disagree when you say that the God that Moses spoke to was without name. For example, in my Bible, the New World Translation, Exodus 5:1 says "And afterward Moses and Aaron went in and proceeded to say to Pharaoh: "This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, 'Send my people away that they may celebrate a festival to me in the wilderness.'""

And Exodus 15:1, 2: "At that time Moses and the sons of Israel proceeded to sing this song to Jehovah and to say the following: "Let me sing to Jehovah for he has become highly exalted... This is my God and I shall laud him; my father's God, and I shall raise him on high.""

Therefore, the God that Moses spoke to certainly did have a name.