++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Just wondering if anyone's heard of Dream Theater. Just recently heard them for the first time (they've been around 15+ years), and they're pretty tight. Anyone know where I might be able to obtain <ahem> free music, other than on KaZaA?

Old 12-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Don't really know where else you can get their stuff...They are good musicians, but I really have a hard time getting into their stuff. They always seem as if they really don't know how they want to sound.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #3
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
John Petrucci is an awesome guitarist, but sometimes his technical ability doesn't mean that he's fun to listen to.

As for getting free music, try searching them up on Google or http://www.singingfish.com
________
STRESS FORUMS
________
Volcano vaporizers

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah i like dream theatre
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-05-2003, 07:23 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
yea i love the band,,,but there stuff is hard to find,,,Good luck,,in the day they were Great live
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-05-2003, 08:10 PM   #6
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I feel the same way as Dogstar. They are a Metal band. They are good, but there are only 2 albums that I would reccomend of theirs. Some of it's okay in my opinion and some I cannot get into.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
devils_here
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to devils_here Send a message via Yahoo to devils_here
I agree with you hotforscott and Dogstar. It's real progressive metal.

Loved "Images and Words". Wore that CD out. I also saw them live once they were awsome. Great musicians but still alittle hard to get into.

Sorry don't where to download them

"I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."
Old 12-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #8
Marty
USER INFO »
I think Dream Theater's awesome, but John Petrucci I really only like for his teaching ablity.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:30 PM   #9
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I've never heard him play...but you see him in Guitar World all the time...John Petrucci that is...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Marty+12-06-2003 11:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marty @ 12-06-2003 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think Dream Theater's awesome, but John Petrucci I really only like for his teaching ablity. [/b][/quote]
You should really listen to Evergrey, Marty. They are awesome. If you like Dream Theater, I am sure you will dig them. You can check out some sound clips on their website. www.evergrey.net
I recommend "The Shocking Truth" and "She speaks to the Dead", if they have those. "Recreation Day" is also an awesome song. I love all of them, but those are my favorites.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:51 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-hotforscott+12-05-2003 07:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hotforscott @ 12-05-2003 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I feel the same way as Dogstar. They are a Metal band. They are good, but there are only 2 albums that I would reccomend of theirs. Some of it's okay in my opinion and some I cannot get into. [/b][/quote]
And which 2 albums would those be?

Old 12-06-2003, 04:01 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-tremonti.net+12-05-2003 05:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tremonti.net @ 12-05-2003 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> As for getting free music, try searching them up on Google or http://www.singingfish.com [/b][/quote]
Yeah I've tried google many times (not just w/ DT) and I've found only a few sites that have decent selections of MP3's w/o making you sign up for all sorts of crap and that automatically download internet search programs and crap like that... but but I've found about 10 DT songs on those, and I know there's a significantly greater amount. Singingfish seems to be quite good, though. Never heard of it, but it looks like it'll be very useful! Thanks!

Old 12-07-2003, 12:23 AM   #13
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-hotforscott+12-07-2003 05:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hotforscott @ 12-07-2003 05:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Marty+12-06-2003 11:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marty @ 12-06-2003 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think Dream Theater's awesome, but John Petrucci I really only like for his teaching ablity. [/b][/quote]
You should really listen to Evergrey, Marty. They are awesome. If you like Dream Theater, I am sure you will dig them. You can check out some sound clips on their website. www.evergrey.net
I recommend "The Shocking Truth" and "She speaks to the Dead", if they have those. "Recreation Day" is also an awesome song. I love all of them, but those are my favorites. [/b][/quote]
I second this! Evergrey is a great band!
________
Bmw sauber f1.07 history
________
hot girls Cam

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.