++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 08-02-2003, 04:59 AM   #61
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Wow, it sounds like you are busy. I wish I had that much motivation. I never feel like excercising so I don't. I need to try.

Yeah sometimes I really can't be bothered, but I think to myself, "You will get good results" And I play some heavy music and I push myself.

I exersice everyday at 5.15-5.45pm, that's usually a time when I am sitting around doing nothing, or sitting on my arse surfuing the internet.

Yeah Carrie you should try, I know it's hard because some days you just can't be stuffed, but it's just the routine that you need to get into.

I feel good about myself when I'm finished every night.

Oh and I don't exersice on the weekends, because, well, who would? :lol:
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 08-02-2003, 10:36 AM   #62
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
That's some motivation you have Hayley. I try an exercise as often as I can. I have an exercise bike that I try and ride for at least 30 minutes a day. Plus, I have a very active 20 month old who keeps me on my toes. As far as weekends I agree. I'm usually to busy doing other things to want to exercise on the weekends.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-02-2003, 12:55 PM   #63
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Walking is my motivation Its easy but very effective when you do it everyday! Even if its a mile a day, that is 7 miles a week:P If you just start by doing that then you can work yourself up to walk more My record for miles walked in one day is 19 The rest varies anywhere from 3 to 15 on any given day.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-02-2003, 12:56 PM   #64
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I've also been doing 200 crunches in the morning before I eat and at night before I go to bed:P
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 08-02-2003, 01:41 PM   #65
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I read in a Cosmo magazine that riding a bike is more effective on flattening your stomach then doing sit-ups or crunches. I can't really see where that is true, but they said that doing sit ups and crunches puts so much on your stomach muscles that it makes them bigger and more muscley, and it doesn't flatten your tummy. It said that the bike riding works just the right muscles. I don't really have to worry about losing any weight, and my stomach is still flat, but I think I would feel more energized if I did excercise. Plus I am 24 and have 2 kids and I know eventually the not excercising and the eating whatever I want will catch up to me. Thanks for the advice you guys, I am going to sit down and figure out a plan.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:46 PM   #66
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Exercise also has other benefits besides the physical stuff. It's a great stress reliever. When I go walking, it gives me a chance to clear my head. And Hayley's right, you do feel more energized and positive (at least I do) after a good sweaty workout. Sometimes I feel as if I'm purifying myself by sweating, like getting all the toxins out of my body, releasing all the bad feelings, all the tension.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:04 PM   #67
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted to Carrie When I was a little younger and ya it does catch up with you later Luckily for me I didn't have that much to lose when I got more health bound now I just had 5-10 pounds instead of what I could of had When I was working I just got used to eating what I wanted and burning it off at work.
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 08-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #68
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Exercise also has other benefits besides the physical stuff. It's a great stress reliever. When I go walking, it gives me a chance to clear my head. And Hayley's right, you do feel more energized and positive (at least I do) after a good sweaty workout. Sometimes I feel as if I'm purifying myself by sweating, like getting all the toxins out of my body, releasing all the bad feelings, all the tension.

I agree wth you, Dogstar. When I used to exercise more regularly, I remember sometimes I didn't want to do it but I always felt better afterwards and it is a great way to relieve stress. I'm looking forward to that feeling again now that I'll be exercising on a regular basis again.

Relearn Love
Old 08-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #69
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know, I think if I excercised more and ate better I would feel a lot more enegized and not feel so tired all of the time. I also need to replace my cokes with water. I may have to gradually start with all of it, I am not sure if I can go cold turkey on my junk food, my cokes and getting my butt off the computer.....LOL
I am going to try though.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #70
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I think doing a little at a time is a good idea, Carrie. That's what I'm doing because I know if I try and change too many of my habits at once, I'll get overwhelmed. Just my . I'm making the same kind of changes you are so we'll help each other out. I've got your back!!

Relearn Love
Old 08-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #71
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Cool. Thanks for your advice, Sheila. I know excercising will take away from my Creedfeed time so I have been putting off, LOL!
My biggest thing is the way that water tastes. I need to find something with some taste. Anyone know of any good flavored waters? I have heard some are not really water, like Clearly Canadian, is that true? I may need to jot down in a notebook what I plan to cook ahead of time and that may keep me from eating so much junk. I am sure it will take some time for me to adjust.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:50 PM   #72
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm going to check out some flavored waters when I go to the store in the next day or two, Carrie, so I'll let you know what I find. I know exercising will take up some time but it will be worth it. I'm going to exercise right after work so I don't have any excuses for getting my butt back out the door to exercise. Plus when I do get home, the rest of the day will be mine and I can still spend time here with all of you.

Relearn Love
Old 08-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #73
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Cool, that sounds like a plan. I will probably do the same as well. I have a bad habit of eating a ton at work. We put in a small refrigerator and microwave back in our receiving room and it has been so easy to snack all day long. I get my stuff at work at cost so I am going to check out the workout videos, too. That will be something the kids can do with me.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:06 PM   #74
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Carrie, Dasani Water is awesome!! It's a little more expensive but I love it. I like to get my workout over with in the morning so that I have the rest of the day to do my running around (Or my Creedfeeding).

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-02-2003, 08:22 PM   #75
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I know this sounds bad, but I usually have to have something to motivate me to workout, like a cute workout outfit, some peice of equipment or a gym membership. Otherwise, I just put things off. I will have to try that water Teri. I also may look into a gym or something as well.