++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #31
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

"Thank you Sasa. This has actually been a difficult year in many ways and I got a late start on Christmas. But, it went fine."

Your Welcome. I got a late start too, it was a mess, but I pulled it off, everyone was happy and that made me happy. A difficult year? I am exhausted from 2011. At times my days start at 4am and end and 10pm. I am looking forward to 2012.
What doesn't kill us only makes us "stronger"....and I have certainly learned to appreciate the times when I can lay my head down.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #32
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Well, good to hear. Now, let's try to finish the last 4 verses of this chapter.

Jeremiah 10:22 "Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons."

This word bruit is interesting. It means rumor, but it's the feminine passive participle of another Hebrew word "shamem"
~mX shamem, shaw-mame'; a primitive root; to stun (or intransitively, grow numb), i.e. devastate or (figuratively) stupefy (both usually in a passive sense):--make amazed, be astonied, (be an) astonish(-ment), (be, bring into, unto, lay, lie, make) desolate(-ion, places), be destitute, destroy (self), (lay, lie, make) waste, wonder.

So here we once again come across a Hebrew word meaning desolate or desolation. It's even interesting that we have this word that can mean destroy one's self. Because again, it is false teachings, false traditions, false doctrine that is very self destructive. But who you think prophetically for us this refers to us and what time? Well, I gave a pretty big hint hopefully bringing your attention to desolate or desolation. Obviously it says in the verse itself that he's coming to make the cities of Judah desolate and a den of dragons. We again are referring to the time that Satan as Antichrist is literally on this earth and in that location of Jerusalem. Again, as a reminder when it refers to the north that's the path the Assyrian took to capture all the tribes of the House of Israel. He came from the North and Dan, which was the northern most tribe was the first to encounter him and his armies. It's going to happen, and as bad as it was in these past examples, it will be that much worse when Satan himself is here. But do you know something? We can handle it. God is going to take care of His election who are not deceived. So bring it on. God's people can cut it.

Jeremiah 10:23 "O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps."

What this is saying, and it may be confusing to some considering how we've talked about how man makes his own way in life.This is not saying that man has absolutely no control over his life. It's saying that man needs God's help and guidance to direct his steps at times, to tell him which way to go, which course of action to take. If he tries to do it on his own without God's input, it may not go so well... particularly at that time when Satan is here deceiving most of the world. This is where you really need to have that gospel armor on, that shield of faith from Ephesians 6 to where you have no doubt in your mind that He is with you, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace so that you can say, "Here I am Father, point in the right direction to go." He certainly will.

Jeremiah 10:24 "O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Some might say, well if it's judgment, isn't it anger? NO! Judgment is determining that which is right... that which sets things right, in this world, in our nation, and even in an individual sense. God is going to judge many people on Judgment Day whom which He is quite pleased with. God's judgment is nothing to fear... unless you're an enemy of His. But, even when you are corrected, He corrects those whom He loves. Do you know what this word correct means in the Hebrew? It means correct, but it means as well to instruct. You should welcome God's instruction and correction as a Christian. Why? We all stray off the right path from time to time, and God might give you a little kick in the pants to get you back on the path. Sometimes that kick might sting a little. But it's done out of love, and He will never, ever bring someone He loves to nothing.

Jeremiah 10:25 "Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate."
This is who God's anger is reserved. Keep in mind we're not talking so much about people who simply believe in some other religion. That is not up to us to judge. These are people who have abused God's people who do call on His name. Now what about these families? Hebrew word 4940 in a Strong's.

hxpXm mishpachah, mish-paw-khaw'; from 08192 (compare 08198); a family, i.e. circle of relatives; figuratively, a class (of persons), a species (of animals) or sort (of things); by extens. a tribe or people:--family, kind(-red).

Included in this are actually some people of the tribes of Israel or Judah(including Benjamin) who look to some other god, one of these fake idols, or even just have no regard for Him whatsoever. Too many other things on their mind that they feel are more important than their own Father who has blessed them with so much.

It is this combination, those who are natural enemies of God's people, and those who are of God's people perhaps in either genealogy in the sense of this writing, perhaps geographically in that they live in a Christian nation, or perhaps they are saved themselves. But they get off in traditions and falsehoods and, they get off into their own "hobbies", and again, hobbies are fine in the proper context. But they leave their first love, which is to say God. It is that combination that will bring about and does bring about a falling away, apostasy if you will. Many times it is coming from those who are enemies of God, and those who call themselves Christian listening to them because they don't want to offend.

I don't know, take a look around. More and more you've got people trying to say that we shouldn't have references to God in this nation that was founded on Christian principles. If you say homosexuality and anything that is unnatural is wrong, then you're homophobic or a religious bigot. It's gotten to the point where those who are "learned scholars" or at least think they are snicker at you if you call yourself Christian, or even if you believe in God period. You're uneducated, brainwashed, mentally ill or deficient. Oh it's real fun on the internet where people can act as high and mighty as they want anonymously. Although, it does extend outside the internet as well. But take a look around and ask yourself how we're doing.

God is very patient, and He's getting His people in place where He wants them, and He's giving those whom He still has hope for the chance to repent and make things right with Him. But that patience does have its limits. Pay attention, these are interesting times we're living in. Always remember to seek His will and His direction in your life in these times especially.

God bless,

Jason

Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #33
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

So, now we come to Chapter 11 in this great book of Jeremiah. Chapter 11 is again kind of a harsh chapter, but it's directed toward those who don't listen to God and hold up their end of the covenant.As we mentioned in Galatians 3, man draws up contracts and written agreements and while they're binding, or at least supposed to be, sometimes people find a loophole so they're not so binding for them. Or they just plain disregard the contract. God doesn't. He will never and has never broken a covenant with any of His children, but His children have on their end. What's interesting too is at the end of this chapter we're going to see where Jeremiah is told not to prophesy in the name of the Lord or else these people of Anathoth would kill him. People who kind of have a good thing going, at least in their minds, don't like to hear the truth from God when the truth from God and the judgment from God would shake up and burst their little bubble that they've decided they want to live in. But hey, you know love hurts sometimes and tough lough stings a little. Sometimes it stings a lot. But it's much better to hurt feelings and maybe even anger someone than to do nothing and let them ultimately go to hell. That's not judging. That's discerning and showing concern for people who maybe think they're doing right and are on a road straight to hell.. unless someone shows enough concern and love for them to tell them the truth. So here we go, chapter 11 Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 11:1 "The Word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,"
Jeremiah 11:2 "Hear ye the Words of this covenant, and speak unto the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem;"

The covenant at this particular time, it was the covenant from Exodus, and it had been renewed by Josiah, king of Judah at the time. This is documented in 2 Kings.

II Kings 23:1-2 "And the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem.[1] And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.[2]
II Kings 23:3 "And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant."

This took place roughly around 513 BC and these chapters of Jeremiah are dated anywhere from 518-500 BC. So here we have people making a point before man and God to stand to this covenant. Would they do so?

Jeremiah 11:3 And say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Cursed be the man that obeyeth not the words of this covenant.

That may sound harsh to some. But one must understand that this is an agreement between God and basically the people of Israel, although it is Judah and Benjamin only who are present in Jerusalem. But it is the people saying, yes God we will honor this. So to then go back on one's word, particularly to God, that person would be cursed. The same applies today to an extent even in every individual's life. You may not be cursed as far as God going against you. But you're probably without His blessings. What are the words of the covenant today? What words do you need to obey? They're all right here, in the bible.

Jeremiah 11:4 "Which I commanded your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, Obey my voice, and do them, according to all which I command you: so shall ye be my people, and I will be your God:"

This is what is key to the covenant. Did it say read the words and forget them? Did it say hear what God says and ignore it? No, it says OBEY God's voice and DO them... do what? Do His commandments. That friends is the condition to being God's people and God being your God. Those conditions apply to this day. It is good to read the Word and meditate on it. That's actually very good. But God expects little action and obedience as well. Again, how would these people do?
Jeremiah 11:5 "That I may perform the oath which I have sworn unto your fathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day. Then answered I, and said, So be it, O LORD "

God really does enjoy blessing and giving things to His children. But again, they have to meet His conditions. If you as an individual meet His conditions, then if He has promised and sworn to give you something, He's going to do just that. If a nation meets His conditions, He's going to bless that nation. Do you think the United States became so richly blessed by doing evil? I mean we are the standard among nations in this world, in many ways. Doesn't mean everyone likes us. Doesn't mean everyone has to like us. But we have been the most powerful and the most successful. Why is that? In God we trust... One Nation Under God... with liberty and justice for all. We don't always deliver on justice for all, unfortunately. But we were founded a Christian nation... and we succeeded because of it.
Jeremiah 11:6 "Then the LORD said unto me, Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, Hear ye the words of this covenant, and do them."

Again, there's the instructions from Our Father. Is it just hear ye the words? No, it's hear and DO! Works do not save you. It is faith in and by the grace of Jesus Christ that one is saved. But, having said that God likes people who actually do something for the kingdom. If you are not a doer than you're quite frankly not much use to our Father. This doesn't mean you're going to hell. But you should in all honesty care enough about God and His people to be a doer. Each to his or her own ability and comfort level. I'm not saying be an overachiever or a superstar, although if you are, that's great. But do something.... and God will bless you. Quite frankly that's both on earth and even more so in heaven. And that's not why you should want to be a doer. But the reward is worth it.

Jeremiah 11:7 "For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice."

Again, God has a lot of patience. Here He is basically saying, I got up early every morning first thing and reminded them, obey My voice.. listen to Me... read and understand My Word as it would apply to today. God is reminding Jeremiah and He's reminding us, giving us examples of the past so that we would learn from them in the present. There's nothing new under the sun. As it is written in 1st Corinthians 10:11, what has happened in the past is an example for us to learn from. In 1st Corinthians 10, I'll go there and we'll take a look at a few things. I'll actually start with verse 5 and I'm not going to go into too much detail on these verses, I just want to show what I'm talking about.
I Corinthians 10:5 "But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness."
I Corinthians 10:6 "Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted."
I Corinthians 10:7 "Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
I Corinthians 10:8 "Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand."
I Corinthians 10:9 "Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents."
I Corinthians 10:10 "Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer."
I Corinthians 10:11 "Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

Did you get that? A lot of people look at the Old Testament and say, oh that's history. It doesn't apply today. Well, much of it is history. But there's also that which is unfulfilled prophecy in the Old Testament. And, even the history, as it is plainly stated by Paul... what happened in the past is an example for how it's going to be in the end. If you want a second witness from none other than Christ Himself said in Matthew 24:37, as the days of Noe were, so shall the coming of the Son of man be. So when God calls something to our memory, it's important to take note of it. It's a clue to how things will be at the end.

Jason

Old 01-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Well, Happy New Year to everyone! I hope it's been a good one so far. It certainly could be an interesting one to be sure, but above all else I hope it's one that brings you a lot of blessings. I left off with verse 7 in Jeremiah 11 and was talking about how what has happened in the past is a type for what will happen even at the very end. So it will be, as God is very good to us in that way at informing us. Judah at this point was getting ready to go into captivity, and so too are we getting more than likely very close to going into captivity again, only this time it will be most of the world. But do you know something? Even as most of the world is in captivity, God still takes care of His own and provides for them. You need look no further than those 3 Hebrew children in Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and even Daniel... especially Daniel even at that time. If you don't abandon God He certainly will not abandon you at that juncture. Alright, on to verse 8... going to get a little tough now in this chapter, but keep in mind who it's going to get tough on. I actually want to pick up verse 7 again to establish the subject.

Jeremiah 11:7 "For I earnestly protested unto your fathers in the day that I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, even unto this day, rising early and protesting, saying, Obey my voice."

Jeremiah 11:8 "Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart: therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do; but they did them not."

There is always a negative part, in this dispensation at least, to God's plan. More than that, as mentioned, there are conditions to receiving His blessings and the promises of that covenant. What were those conditions? Obey My voice, and DO them. Do what? God's commandments of course. One must understand that with God and really just in life there are consequences to our actions. If we do what we're supposed to do, we'll come out alright. If we do something bad, generally there will be something negative happen to us. I mean go out and rob a bank and see if there's any negative consequences to that. See if people, society, and our law enforcement is inclined to just let that slide. Following God's law and direction quite frankly keeps you out of trouble. That doesn't mean bad things won't happen in your life, because there's evil in this world. But you'll still come out ahead in the end because you're doing things God's way. Unfortunately, there are people who always seem to think they have a better way... a better religion, better doctrine, or just know better. They don't.

Jeremiah 11:9 "And the LORD said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem."

This is interesting. Why would we have this separation of the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem? Not everyone in Jerusalem was of the tribe of Judah, or the tribe of Benjamin. They're not today. Again, what does Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9 say? There are some people who claim to be of Judah (Jews) but are the synagogue of Satan. Even in the new testament in several places where it speaks of the men of Judea or inhabitants of Judea, it is not talking about Jews or just about Jews. The inhabitants are just people who live there. Hopefully as we continue through this book it will become clear that these aren't necessarily the best of people. So, who then do you think kind of starts the conspiracy? The inhabitants do. That is not to say that the men of Judah are without blame. They go along with it. What do they go along with?

Jeremiah 11:10 "They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers."

This is the conspiracy. The House of Israel, which is indeed separate, had already been taken into captivity and were scattered amongst what we today refer to as the Christian nations. Why did this happen? They broke the covenant. But the problem here for the house of Judah is they have allowed these "inhabitants" to not only dwell with them and claim to be of them. They've allowed them to poison God's Word. They would actually allow these people to become scribes and teachers. The problem with this is these people, sons of Cain or Kenites quite frankly to call them by name, as a whole have no interest in or loyalty to the Word. Again, these people are of the synagogue of Satan and there's a very good reason for that. Again, it's a separate subject but the bottom line is they do the work of their father, who is Satan. That is not to say that these people, who are very much alive today, can not be saved. But they, the ones who know who they are at least, do their father's work. To allow what we will call the accursed thing to be the keeper, writer, teacher of God's Word is certainly a path that's not a good one to go down. Yet again, even today we've allowed tradition and falsehood to creep not in God's Word... but into our churches.

Jason
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Good evening to you on what has been a pretty mild winter day here in Ohio! We're picking up where we left off in Jeremiah, and let's go right into it. We had talked about this conspiracy between the Kenites (inhabitants of Jerusalem) and the people of the House of Judah, and God mentioned how the House of Israel and the House of Judah had broken His covenant. That's going to set up this next verse and it will come across harsh but there's a reason and an explanation for it.
Jeremiah 11:11 "Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them."

Again, that appears harsh but there's a couple of things that need to be said and realized here. In the first place, I hope you're getting the message that God doesn't Himself bring evil upon anyway... they bring it upon themselves. When you have basically all of the blessings of God before you, which you certainly do in the new covenant, and you break that to go after some false gods or false religious ideas, you're kind of making your own bed. Now unfortunately in this day and age especially there's a lot of people with good intentions who follow false doctrine out of ignorance. But you know, man kind of has a saying about the road to a certain place being paved with good intentions, and that place isn't heaven. Now, that's not judging, because that's up to God and perhaps if they're good people who really do love Him, perhaps in as much as even God Himself sends strong delusion on these ones who choose to not study His Word but listen to man (2nd Thessalonians 2:11) then perhaps come the Millenium and afterward they will be straightened out. But also when it says God will not hearken, as we will see in the next verse they will not have truly repented. You can't con God. He knows what you're thinking right at this very minute. If you say "Oh Lord help me" when you get into trouble... He'll always help you if you're in good standing with Him or even if you're not but you repent. But if you are not in good standing with Him and just say "God, help me", I'm sorry but He's not going to do it. John 9:31 is pretty plain. If you are a sinner, God doesn't hear you. He hears you but He's not going to listen. Again, am I judging? Absolutely not... just proclaiming what is written. God forgives sins, but again you won't con Him. He's not there to bail you out automatically every time you get into trouble. In the first place, what would you learn if He automatically bailed you out every time you came across the slightest hint of trouble? You probably wouldn't learn very much. He forgives sin, He loves to help out His children who love Him when they need it. But if you don't care about Him, He does care about you, but He's not going to jump because you ask Him to. It's as simple as that.

Jeremiah 11:12 "Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble."

Again they're offering and burning incense to these other "gods" so how sincere are they? Why would they not save them? Well, in the case of history and referring to the last chapter, they're not real. You have to fasten them down to keep them from falling over, and you have to pick them up and carry them to transport them. That's some fancy religion, huh? In the present day,it's whatever man chooses to put his trust or affection, faith, and hope in, other than God. In the likely not too far off future, when most of the world is whoring after Satan as Antichrist, he certainly can't save you because he can't even save himself. He's got a death sentence on his head. Again, it is so easy to avoid this. All you have to do is TRY to do things God's way. That doesn't mean you mess up and quit and say, "well I tried, where's my blessings". You're not going to be perfect, but if you care enough about Him to listen, to study, to rightly divide His Word and to stick with it, repenting when you fall short, He counts that as pretty much perfect. So why fall off into junk?

Jeremiah 11:13 "For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem have ye set up altars to that shameful thing, even altars to burn incense unto Baal."

You know the shameful thing indeed is we don't lack for churches today. We don't lack for "christian preachers" and "ministries" on tv. But if all they talk about is "Oh Jesus is just so wonderful, He's going to fly us all away, He's going to take away your illness take away your debt, all you have to do dear brother is make your donation in that offering plate or send it in the mail." Now, again I'm not judging. But for all our churches today and all our televangelists, how much real substance is taught? If a man or woman is evangelizing just to bring people to Christ, there's nothing wrong with that if that's all they're doing? That's a good thing. But when the supposed teachers don't inform people that the first "messiah" to show up is a fake, and they build up a theory of some supposed rapture off of a subject that the only thing Paul was talking about was do not sorrow over the dead, they're with Christ, which is what the actual subject of 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18 and that yes we will gather back to Him as well, but not in this "rapture"...these good Christian people will be lead straight to Satan when he comes as the first supernatural "messiah" they see. Unintentionally lead, maybe. But lead to him nonetheless.

Jeremiah 11:14 "Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble."

You know God is extremely patient. But there does come a time and there will come a time in which it just becomes too late. The time of trouble here is the time of Jacob's Trouble in the last generation when Antichrist is here. Again, they're going to be worshipping Antichrist, they're going to be offering incense, or their devotion to him. At this time most people will be either marked with the seal of God, meaning the knowledge of His truth, in their forehead or have the mark of the beast in their mind meaning they are totally deceived by Satan. Either way it will play out as it is written during the time that Satan is here deceiving the majority of the world. This is why as it is written in Matthew 7:23 that there will be some who Jesus will say He never knew. They thought they were doing well, when in reality they were following a fake. It will be a miserable and shameful time for those ones.

Jason
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Good afternoon, and we continue on.

Jeremiah 11:15 "What hath my beloved to do in mine house, seeing she hath wrought lewdness with many, and the holy flesh is passed from thee? when thou doest evil, then thou rejoicest."

What God is saying and asking here is we have these people, and they are God's people in one very real sense because he refers to them as His beloved. But they come to His house, which is to say church, and they are not exactly chaste virgins which is what Christ wants in a bride. That is what we are supposed to be spiritually speaking. This is what Paul stipulates and it's how he says he wants to present "the church" to Christ.

II Corinthians 11:1 "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me."

II Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Now, what is it that would take one's virginity spiritually speaking? Well naturally it would be to fully commit to some other god, some other doctrine, to take part in worshipping and doing the work of some other god. Do you know why the mark of the beast is either in the forehead or in the right hand? What is in your forehead? Well, your brain is. Where are your thoughts focused? What is it that you believe? If you believe that the false Christ is the true Christ and actually would out of that deception love him, then you're marked. The mark of the beast is not some "bar code". It is not a computer chip... although that is not to say that those things won't be used when it comes to keeping track of who can buy and sell. But the mark itself comes in believing the lie, and you receive it in your hand when you start to work for him... helping his ministry along. Now, at that point you not only are not a chaste virgin, you're impregnated spiritually. Not a good thing.

But, getting back to the verse in Jeremiah, again we have God's people who have committed spiritual adultery, and God is basically saying, you're in My house, and you think that participating in ritual, offering your burnt sacrifices is going to please Me. Unfortunately it won't. Why? Well number one, as it says again in Hosea 6:6 God is not interested so much in burnt offerings. He's interested in our grace, which is to say our love. But number two, as it says at the end of this verse, when they do evil, they rejoice. Well why would that be? They don't know that it's evil. When Satan shows up pretending to be Jesus he's going to come off as lovey dovey as possible. They're going to be thrilled, because "Jesus is here". Only it's none other than Satan himself. Don't go running to the first "messiah" who shows up beloved. It will put you in a heap of hurt... it really will.

Jeremiah 11:16 "The LORD called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken."

[color="blue"]The olive tree and the oil that comes from it is very special to God's people. When one is sick, even spiritually sick, we are instructed to anoint them with oil and pray over them.

[James 5:14 "If any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:"

The oil that is used for anointing is olive oil. This is the oil of our people. But how is it that you have this flourishing, beautiful tree, symbolic of God's people, with these broken branches and in such a sorry state? Well, obviously with the sin and spiritual adultery. I can't help but think of John 15, the first few verses where Christ speaks of how He is the vine and the branches that abide in Him bear fruit and are pruned and sharpened up so they can bear even more fruit. The branches that do not wither and die and are cast in the fire. Naturally we're not talking about branches or trees, or bushes. We're talking about people. You either root yourself in and abide in Christ, or you're not going to produce fruit. You don't produce fruit, then I'm sorry... you're just not useful to Him, and if you're not in Him, you're not living. If you're not living in a spiritual sense, you might want to see about changing that. In fact, scratch the might. But those who abide in the false Christ... do you think they're living in a spiritual sense? The answer of course is absolutely not. You pull yourself away from the true vine and attach yourself to the false one, then that's a good way to die spiritually. That is not to judge... but let those who have a bit of wisdom consider it. /COLOR]

Jeremiah 11:17 "For the LORD of hosts, that planted thee, hath pronounced evil against thee, for the evil of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, which they have done against themselves to provoke me to anger in offering incense unto Baal.

You know, some might say or ask why God would be so angry? Well, these are His people and He loves them. He made a covenant with them that He intends to be eternal. But when people do not even seem to have the time to get into His Word and read it for themselves, and are content to listen to a man or woman behind a pulpit talk to them about apples and easter eggs and flying away, when none of it is biblical, well unfortunately if people are not sealed in their minds with God's truth they will run right to Satan, because they both have not been taught and have not read that he comes first, and he probably will even say "I'm here to rapture you away." That's just a personal feeling, so consider it as such. But what a sad state of affairs, when God's people never quite get around to truly learning His Word. It does anger Him. It hurts Him. And unfortunately, it hurts people very bad.

Jeremiah 11:18 "And the LORD hath given me knowledge of it, and I know it: then thou shewedst me their doings."

This is God showing Jeremiah what the people are doing.

Jeremiah 11:19 "But I was like a lamb or an ox that is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, saying, Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered."

You know it should be very evident that there's a type of Christ here in Jeremiah. These are Jeremiah's people and they want to kill him. But remember... we also have these "inhabitants" in the mix who are actually not of Judah. These same "inhabitants" were there shouting to crucify Christ as well.

Jason
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #37
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

And we continue in Chapter 11... hopefully I'll wrap it up.

Jeremiah 11:20 "But, O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously, that triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause."

This was Jeremiah's prayer to our Father. What you must always have is the faith and the trust in our Father that when He sends you out to do something and He says He will be with you as He said to Jeremiah in the first chapter of this great book, you've got to believe that to be true. When He says no harm will come to you, guess what? If you have the faith in Him and if you do your best to do things His way, and repent when you do slip up and get up and go after it again, you can take it to the bank that He's going to protect you. The reins and the heart is the mind and the heart but you might also even think of it as the spirit and the soul. The soul being the real you and the spirit being your intellect, your thought process. I mean God knows you inside and out friend. If you don't have that faith to believe He's going to protect you if you're in His will, then work on it. It's all too easy sometimes to doubt in the flesh. But that's why you keep in His Word, and you talk to Him, every day. You communicate with Him just as you do your earthly father, or a loved one you can see. Well, hopefully maybe you're a little nicer to God, but I don't know. I'm joking a little. But He will take care of you, IF you do things His way.

Jeremiah 11:21 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of the men of Anathoth, that seek thy life, saying, Prophesy not in the name of the LORD, that thou die not by our hand:"

The thing about this is Anathoth means answer to prayer. Some answer, huh? These men of Anathoth want to kill Jeremiah. What's his crime? Spreading the Word of God. See, this was a priest's city. But what did the "religious leaders" yell out to Christ? They yelled "Crucify Him!" Do you start to hopefully understand the nature of these "inhabitants" of Jerusalem? They claim to be not that we had the word at the time but I'll use it at least today. They claim to be Christian... followers of God. But they want to kill those who are true followers of God and who teach His Word... whether it be Jeremiah, whether it be Christ, or whether it be someone today. They may not so much try to literally kill you in a physical sense... though that all depends. But they will certainly deceive you. And they will kill you spiritually if you listen to them and if you believe them. Why do you think Christ would say, "many shall come in My name" and that you are not to believe them? Friends, you've got one thing you can count on, and it isn't some man. It's your Father, and it's His Word.

Jeremiah 11:22 "Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine:"

Again, this sword as mentioned before is Satan with his lies and this famine is the famine for hearing the Word of God. So don't get all shook up and think this is mass slaughter. Although, in the spiritual sense it kind of is. And again, that's much worse. Friends, the Word of God is precious. It saves lives. It brings families together and gives people peace of mind. And when one believes, it gives them eternal life. Those who would try to put a stop to it, mark them real well in your mind.

Jeremiah 11:23 "And there shall be no more remnant of them: for I will bring evil upon the men of Anathoth, even the year of their visitation."

God will wipe these false preachers and their lies out until there's nothing left... UNLESS they do some serious repenting. But for Him to do that, is that fair or just? You better believe it is. Friends, God's children are precious... especially their souls. For someone to mislead a soul, to march them right up to Satan when he arrives as Antichrist so that thinking he's Christ they worship him, that's a serious offense in God's eyes... a serious offense. But you know something? God really does love His children, and if they out of ignorance and from not being properly taught would worship Antichrist, then maybe, just MAYBE upon the Millennium they will learn and they will even come out of it saved and going to heaven. It won't be easy, because it's going to be at that point and time based on works and not faith. But thank God for it, and what a time that will be.

God bless,

Jason
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #38
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Well, winter has arrived here in Ohio but not a lot of snow on the ground. Got pretty cold though. Our next chapter in Jeremiah of course is chapter 12. Chapter 12 is kind of a short chapter with 17 verses. But it's got a lot of information and is very relevant to people both today and of Jeremiah's day. It starts out with Jeremiah asking God why those who do wicked things prosper. This is something that I think many of us have asked or wondered. God's answer is to say basically that when the time is right, they will get what they have coming to them, but there's also kind of a message there of "don't get shook up over the small things." Which, that's my wording, and it's not to say that what Jeremiah was concerned about was small. They were threatening to kill him. But the point being, if you think it's bad now, there are bigger problems down the road. There always will be in this world so long as Satan and those who choose to follow him have any influence at all. So don't get shook up, hang in there and hang tough. Why? We have the victory, and God is still on the throne.

Jeremiah 12:1 "Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?"

Jeremiah has a problem here. The "priests" in the city of Anathoth are not only deceiving the people there by leading them into a false religion. They want to kill Jeremiah for passing along the Word of God. Again, though situations and times differ somewhat, a lot of people have asked this question. Again, it's natural to ask,it's somewhat natural AT TIMES to think that may be the case. But the thing is, it really isn't. You must understand that even if someone makes through their entire life on this earth having not been caught for their crime or crimes, they've got a big trial coming up after that. The Judge at that trial, He's fair, but He's righteous and all knowing. Man may miss a few things and may be capable of being fooled, but God isn't.Many times even before they do die they are even caught and punished by man. But if they do escape that, they won't escape God. That's the first place they go when they die, because as it says in 2nd Corinthians 5:8 to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Some may be there awaiting judgment to PERHAPS eventually go to hell. But nonetheless, they are there with Him. Psalms 37 deals real well with this question to... where God says the wicked are kind of like the fat dripping off a lamb on a spit. When that fat drips off and falls into that fire, they are instantly consumed in a puff of smoke. Not tortured forever, but done away with quickly and as mercifully as possible.

Jeremiah 12:2 "Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins."

You know, God wants His people to bring forth fruit. But there are some people, they do produce fruit. But it's not fruit for God and it's absolutely poisonous to eat. The thing about it though is did God plant them? I want to go back to these inhabitants, who are truly the real wicked people being talked about here. Again I'm going to take a side trip to Matthew 13 and that parable of the wheat and the tares.

Matthew 13:24 "Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:"

Matthew 13:25 "But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way."
Matthew 13:26 "But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also."
Matthew 13:27 "So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Matthew 13:28 "He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?"

Matthew 13:29 "But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them."
Matthew 13:30 "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Skipping down several verses Jesus explains the parable as plain as day to His disciples.

Matthew 13:38 "The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;"

Matthew 13:39 "The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels."

Again, we must understand that there are some people here even put here "planted here" by Satan that serve a negative purpose. Now, what we must also understand is that if you believe salvation is open to all, that includes them. That doesn't mean they will take part in it. But some might. The opportunity at least is there. But in general they do play a very negative part even in God's plan. Why would He allow it? He likes to test His children out to see who will listen to Him and who will listen to Satan or man.

Jeremiah 12:3 "But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter."

This eventually will happen unfortunately to those who don't repent. It will be good in a way though because those who truly love the Lord and those who try to do what is right and honest in this world won't have to deal with those who choose to go the other way.

Jeremiah 12:4 "How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end."

This is kind of at the end where it says that "He shall not see our last end" a case of Jeremiah was telling the people of Judah that they were going to go into captivity and these false preachers were saying "it's not going to happen." We see the same thing today. You have perhaps not so much preachers but as it is written in 2nd Peter 3:3-4 you will have these scoffers saying, "It isn't going to happen. Jesus Christ is not coming. People have said over and over again that He is. Of course today, there's even a lot of people who scoff at you if you believe in God.

But it's also written in Romans 8:19-22 that all of creation itself, meaning in a way the vegetation and the animal life groan to be delivered from the corruption in this world that will happen at Christ's second coming. The world itself used to be a lot different place before Satan's rebellion. It's too bad I decided to start this thread around Chapter 7 or 8, because there is actually so much truth and an in depth look at the ending of the first earth age in the 4th chapter of this same book, starting with the 23rd verse. But suffice it to say God created the world beautiful and perfect and when Satan and anyone who follows him is finally done away with, it will go back to that.

Jeremiah 12:5 "If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?"

Again, this is God's answer to Jeremiah's question and prayer. He is saying, if you're getting worn out and worn down by what's happened so far Jeremiah, how can you last when the real race starts and the real problems come? It's kind of like saying you're only the first few miles into a marathon run. You can either quit or get discouraged because you've run into some obstacles that makes it a little tough. Or, you can run the race smart and run it God's way knowing, again as He told Jeremiah in the first chapter that He's with you. God has never told anyone that there would not be problems. It's actually quite the contrary. But if He's with you, you can handle anything that comes your way... with His help of course.

Jeremiah 12:6 "For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee."
This continues today. People right in the church claiming to be teachers of God's Word who whisper sweet things. " You don't need to worry about anything. Just believe. Just love Jesus. You're going to fly away and you won't have to deal with that mean old Antichrist because you'll be raptured. You know, it's good to be sweet with people and it's good to love Jesus. But if a supposed pastor/teacher says something that is contrary to God's Word, that's not good. If man says something will not happen and God says it will, you'd better go with God because man is deceiving you. Will, how do I know what God says. Right here in this word. Stick with that and you won't go wrong.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #39
Sasa
USER INFO »

"winter has arrived here in Ohio but not a lot of snow on the ground. Got pretty cold though"...

You know what I love? Warm tropical weather... ALL THE TIME! I have been told that the Virgin Islands stays a nice 80 degree temp..year round.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #40
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

I could live with a winter/fall in the 50's, a spring in the 70's, and a summer mostly in the 80's. When I was a kid naturally I liked snow. When I started driving in it I started to like it a little less.

Jason
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #41
Sasa
USER INFO »

80's are ideal...not to cold, not to hot! No storms..just consistantly beautiful! What did you like the most about snow when you were little?

Last edited by Sasa : 02-07-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Okay, let's try to get back into the study. Unfortunately my time has become extremely limited. But these days it's certainly better to be working than not. Lots of interesting things going on in this country and overseas though. One thing I will say on this whole contraception issue is it's not about Catholic doctrine or "women's rights" or health, or even insurance. It's about the Federal government trying to tell those in the Church or of faith to go with something that violates their conscience. That's something I can honestly say I would never imagined would have happened in this country. It's no different than if the same government were to say to an atheist group, "mail out these Christmas cards with the baby Jesus on them." Freedom of religion is special and a cherished right in this country and it's not one we the people will relinquish without a fight.

Now, that said, let's get back into it. Jeremiah 12, been forever hasn't it? Starting with verse 7.

Jeremiah 12:7 "I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies."

This is God speaking. It refers of course to the House of Judah, and before that even the House of Israel going into captivity. God didn't want this to happen and He doesn't want it to happen now and in the future. But guess what, it did happen and it will happen again when many of God's people of all "tribes", Christians, go into spiritual captivity to Satan himself. What causes this? God's people leaving Him out. God's people going after pretty little doctrines that sound so enticing and spiritual and uplifting but which have no truth to them... or little truth to them. You know I don't want to get too politicial, but we've got a president who claims to be Christian when in reality he is anything but. He's taken to using scripture though to justify his agenda. Be very very careful friends. Don't just listen to a man, whether he's a teacher, preacher, or president. Study the word for yourself to show yourself approved.

Jeremiah 12:8 "Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it."

You know a lion is actually a quite noble creature. It was actually the symbol of the tribe of Judah and in Revelation 5:5 Christ is referred to as the lion of the tribe of Judah. But when a lion roars it's pretty fierce and loud. When a lion hunts and kills it's prey it's not exactly gentle either. It shakes and rips and tears at every bit of it. This is the way God feels when He sees His people and His churches stating things are truth and from His Word when they are not... misleading people... misrepresenting Him. What's that say at the end? I HATED it. Well, I thought God loves everybody. He does love His children. But He does hate their actions sometimes and when His children do them without shame and with no regard at all for Him, yes He does have hate for those people. That is not to say they can not be forgiven upon repentance. But there are certainly things, actions committed that do cause God to hate.

I'm going to post this show it does not get lost as the computer disconnected when I stepped away earlier.

Jason
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

Jeremiah 12:9 "Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour."

This speckled bird has been interesting and at times confused in God's Word. There are some more modern translations that even use the word hyena which is actually something very different and unfortunately takes away from the word. The Hebrew did make a comparison to a hyena in the description of speckled.

[wbc tsabuwa`, tsaw-boo'-ah; passive participle of the same as 06648; dyed (in stripes), i.e. the hyena:--speckled.

But it is talking of a bird and not a hyena. The speckled bird actually would be a bird of prey. But it's a bird that in being born or hatched, it looks different than all the other birds, and they actually attack it because of that fact. It doesn't have a friend in the world or bird kingdom basically.

So what God is saying is He's turning his inheirtance, which is to say His very people over to the world so they can kind of have their way with them. Why? Well, number one they turned their back on Him and would not listen to Him, so they bring it on themselves. But number two, hopefully after the world kind of abuses them, they'll wise up and say, "Wait a minute, I need some help here. I need to get back to God." He will take them back upon true repentance.... although at the end when one actually jumps in bed with Satan, that's a little different. It is still not our place to judge, especially when some are perhaps even blinded for their own protection. But God will let the world work over some people for a while.

Jeremiah 12:10 "Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness."

It is a sad thing that it pastors do this, but this is why it is so key that if one believes they are meant to be a pastor, they'd better teach God's Word and nothing else. If you start mixing in man's word and other religious doctrine in with it, you've got a mess. More than that, in this generation especially you lead people straight to Satan. Whenever you see this word desolate in God's Word, you can almost always connect it to Satan and it should raise your attention to the time period we're talking about. We're talking about the time of the end, or The Tribulation. What comes out of a vineyard? Well, grapes do but of course what we usually connect with a vineyard is wine. Christians in taking Holy Communion drink wine or grape juice. This is a personal and solemn thing in that it of course is a remembrance of Christ's sacrifice. When Satan comes he's going to put an end to that because he's going to falsely assume the role of Christ.

Daniel 9:27; "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifices and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

So when Satan does this it pretty much is the height of abomination and it is the good little Christian ministers who help him along. Out of ignorance, yes... but it is still a terrible thing.

Jeremiah 12:11 "They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart."

Even though God made man superior over the rest of His creation in the flesh, sometimes man is a little slower to realize something is wrong. In this instance most of mankind thinks this abomination who causes desolation is actually Jesus, even while creation or the land itself is in mourning. For those deceived, it's going to be a happy time for a while, as weird and as sad as that sounds. Of course, when the true Christ does return that's when those same people will be asking hills and mountains to cover them, for they will be greatly ashamed. What does no man layeth to heart? The Word of God! I would ask, do you? Do you actually work at it, study it and meditate upon it to try to learn from it? Do you like studying in more depth than most? If so, guess what? God really loves you for that! He truly does, and you will quite likely not be in that crowd. Doesn't mean you're going to be "raptured away". It just means you know the truth and can actually make a stand for it.

Jeremiah 12:12 "The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace."

I don't know, have you looked around the world today? There's not a lot of peace and security to be found in too many places. You have corrupt governments, you have it seems like a different government or change in leadership in government seemingly at times on a monthly basis. That's not necessarily literal, but the point is we've got a lot going on in this old world today. What about in this nation? We've got a president who as I said at the start seems to want to tell the churches to violate their conscience under the pretense of "reproductive rights and women's health." He's told military chaplains what they could and could not say in regard to his administration. He's used God's Word incorrectly to justify his goal of taking money away from those who worked for it and spreading it around to those who did not. He continues to spend and spend and spend money we don't have. Gas prices just took another huge jump upward. If you don't have a knowledge of and relationship with God and a good working knowledge of His Word to know and understand what's going on and why it's going on, yeah it's hard for you to have peace of mind. But guess what? God is still in control! When it gets tough, remember that.

Jeremiah 12:13 "They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD."

They work hard at what they do. That is to say these spoilers and also these pastors. They work night and day but the results aren't there. I'm going to focus on these pastors as I believe that is the main focus in this verse. They teach and preach and give their lengthy sermons, but it's a little bit of God's Word, a little bit of Pastor Dan's word, a little bit about last night's football game, and a little bit about where are we going for lunch after the service is over. Then they look maybe down the road a ways at this little old country church that people flock to. Why is that? Because that church teaches the Word of God! Again, I'm just stating hypothetical examples, but the key is do you focus on the Word or do you focus on something else? If you focus on the Word, your work, your ministry, your life will be blessed. If you don't, well maybe you're the one looking at other people and wondering why they're successful and blessed and you're kind of left out.

Jeremiah 12:14 "Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them."

This, as we will hopefully see in the next couple of verses is the process of God separating the haves from the have nots spiritually speaking, or the sheep from the goats.

Jeremiah 12:15 "And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land."

God is very fair and truly does love His children. After He separates out those who would do evil and cause mischief, He will restore to those who do right what was temporarily taken from them.

Jeremiah 12:16 "And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people."

Again friends, salvation is open to all people as is grace and forgiveness upon repentance. But there is a condition to all that. IF they will DILIGENTLY learn the ways of My people. What happens if they don't?

Jeremiah 12:17 "But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD."

God is going to give and does give people every chance to get it right. But it is on them. If they obey and love Him, then every sin that they committed is gone, never to be remembered again by Him. If they don't, then they will be brought down to nothing... even in a final literal sense in the lake of fire. But the thing is again, if a person works at it, if they try... no one is perfect, but if they try to get it right and repent when they don't, guess what... they're forgiven. That's a much better way to live than the alternative for sure.

Jason
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #44
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »

We come now, after a long break, to the 13th chapter of Jeremiah. This is an interesting chapter and maybe a bit funny for some because God basically is going to tell Jeremiah to get a linen girdle and stick it in the Euphrates River. Now naturally there's a reason for this, and it's symbolism. He's going to use that linen girdle and some wine bottles to symbolize the people of Judah. Those are His people, but when God's people go astray from Him, well they're not going to come out of it unmarred. That was true then, it's true today. But remember, all of this is here to teach us today, and there is always repentance and forgiveness at this time. So, let's go on to verse 1.

Jeremiah 13:1 "Thus saith the Lord unto me, "Go and get thee a linen girdle, and put it upon thy loins, and put it not in water."

The linen girdles were generally worn by the upper class but it basically would be like a belt. God is saying, "Don't get it wet" because He wants it to remain in good condition so that it becomes obvious what causes the damage.

Jeremiah 13:2 "So I got a girdle according to the word of the Lord, and put it on my loins."

So, here Jeremiah goes out and buys the girdle and puts it on, following God's instructions.

Jeremiah 13:3 "And the word of the Lord came unto me the second time, saying,"

Jeremiah 13:4 "Take the girdle that thou hast got, which is upon thy loins, and arise, go to Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole of the rock."

Now, there are some scholars who wonder if Jeremiah actually went to the Euphrates River or if this is allegorical. The Euphrates was a long trip for Jeremiah, but I believe that in as much as it's written, that's where he went. It's interesting to note too that the Euphrates was the border between Israel and Babylon. A lot of people look at Babylon as a past kingdom, and it was. But it's coming again... HOWEVER it's not so much the location as it is the spiritual and mental state of confusion that's going to be the hallmark of it. But here we have God telling Jeremiah, take this linen girdle you've been wearing, and keep in mind Jeremiah has not washed it. It's dirty because God instructed him not to put it in water. But at the same time it is intact. He's going to take that girdle, which we will discover is symbolic of the people of Judah, and take it right to that area where confusion and false religion is rampant. But the point is going to be not that the people of Babylon are going to be marred, but that the people of Judah are marred with false religion... false tradition... man's tradition.
Jeremiah 13:5 "So I went, and hid it by Euphrates, as the Lord commanded me."

Jeremiah 13:6 "And it came to pass after many days, that the Lord said unto me, "Arise, go to Euphrates, and take the girdle from thence, which I commanded thee to hide there."

What do you think is going to be the result of this little illustration and experiment that God instructed Jeremiah to carry out?

Jeremiah 13:7 "Then I went to Euphrates, and digged, and took the girdle from the place where I had hid it: and, behold, the girdle was marred, it proifitable for nothing."

It was completely ruined. Friend, that's what tradition and false religion will do even to your very soul. I say that not to scare you or come down so much on other religions. But there is only one God, He is our Father, He does love us, and His Word and His truth is precious. When you follow that, it will be profitable for you. It, as again is mentioned in the 7th chapter and 23rd verse of this great book, it will be well for you. But there's a condition with all of God's promises, and if you don't follow His Word and obey His voice, and if you listen to man or something else, then you're pretty much useless to God. Again, one can always repent. But until that happens, then you're pretty marred.

Jason
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #45
Sasa
USER INFO »

What do you think it means by worshiping other gods? Do you think it may mean "a physical form on the outside"? If the spirit resides inside and we refuse to acknowledge that unification through thought and action...then we are useless...the walking dead.

The girdle holds the body...in retrospect..the body holds the spirit. If we refuse to acknowledge that spirit inside...the body is no good just like that girdle. Its just laying there in the cleft that rock...rotting. No life within it.

Last edited by Sasa : 04-23-2012 at 06:44 AM.