++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Joins Other Acts in Boycotting BP

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=141776

Quote: KORN's boycott of BP has started a ground swell of like-minded musicians intent on making a statement against the devastation in The Gulf caused by BP's record-setting oil spill. The following top touring artists have joined the cause and have committed to avoid the use of fuel sold by BP or its affiliates on their upcoming tours for 2010:

* DISTURBED
* LADY GAGA
* RISE AGAINST
* GODSMACK
* BACKSTREET BOYS
* Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival
* SLIGHTLY STOOPID
* ROB ZOMBIE
* MEGADETH
* BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
* ANTHRAX
* CREED
* FILTER
* HELLYEAH
* FLOGGING MOLLY

"This is the worst thing that has ever happened to the environment in U.S. history. From everything we're hearing about now, it's become clear that BP cut corners to put profit ahead of safety. The message we are sending should tell all the oil companies to spend the money and take the necessary precautions to make sure this doesn't happen again," said Jonathon Davis of KORN. "I'm really proud that this many artists have already come on board, and I hope more will join soon."

First estimates show close to 100 vehicles, trucks and buses from the committed artists will be involved in the boycott this summer. The number is continuously growing, resulting in tours all across North America refusing to fill up with BP products. More touring artists and people throughout the continent are uniting in boycotts against BP as a result of the catastrophic oil spill.

Some summer festival tours like the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival are already known for using biofuels. However, the entire festival, comprised of twelve bands, will promise to not purchase their biofuels from BP or any of their affiliates. Tour creator Kevin Lyman agrees, stating "We have so many friends that are now affected by this spill that unless BP spends whatever is needed their livelihoods are lost forever. To that end we are encouraging everyone we deal with to find alternative ways to get down the road this summer."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Creed Joins Other Acts in Boycotting BP

This screams "Lets jump on the bandwagon for positive publicity for our tour guys!"
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) This screams "Lets jump on the bandwagon for positive publicity for our tour guys!"

Well.. Becoming more ethical often yields more positive PR. Infact, thats the reason why businesses become more ethical.

What other reason would they be doing it for? This isn't a bad thing at all.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Unfortunately, boycotting BP gas stations most likely won't hurt the BP corporation that much... many of your local BP gas stations are privately owned and operated. You're only hurting your local community's small business owners.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Unfortunately, boycotting BP gas stations most likely won't hurt the BP corporation that much... many of your local BP gas stations are privately owned and operated. You're only hurting your local community's small business owners.
they need to lower the gas prices for such a rage, i prefer texaco i hope they can help solve this probleam, I have A Love For Ocean Life And To See Their Home Which Is Theirs Be Destroyed It Agravates Me, THE OCEAN Was Meant To Be Free, Anybody See The New Show On Animal Planent WHALE WARS, its Glory To God Peace Of Mind, That Those Who Be Able And Bold, To Hear The Crys Of These Precious Creatures, we all sing the same song, Lets Help Our Friends, .........ROCK ON YA,alls
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saving japans dolphins hayden and Box Champ.jpg (39.1 KB, 468 views)
Old 06-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

IMO. BP has enough money as it is, so this isn't going hurt them whatsoever. The main thing is that these bands are raising money for a good cause and it will go to the right people...that's all that matters.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
BSC
USER INFO »

To say BP has a enough money is a bit stupid. Imagine all the other people now refusing to buy from BP, and imagine the effect this incident has had on BP's image.

This will harm them. One way or another.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) IMO. BP has enough money as it is, so this isn't going hurt them whatsoever. The main thing is that these bands are raising money for a good cause and it will go to the right people...that's all that matters.
my point excatley Dk...that have more than enough thats why they should lower the gas prices, ...... yes indeed i pray the money raised helps with this ocean plauge, peace be with you, Dk.....we got some upset flippers and moby dicks, hope we dont see any of JAWS revenge, they got they right to turn wants that water is crystal, it may make ya think twice before getting in to the water,
Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

From Michael:

Quote: I want all of you to know that I spoke to Mark about this and he had no clue about the boycott until I told him. We Tremonti brothers all worked at gas stations as kids so we have a pretty good idea of how the whole system works. Mark views this boycott (while well intentioned) as useless simply because we know very well that BP's are franchised and every gas station pulls from the closest refinery no matter who produces it.

Had Mark been consulted before the press release went out, he would have never let Creed's name be used in this manner and he has no interest in harming innocent small business owners. He has made it clear to Creed's management that his tour bus will stop for gas at whatever station is convenient, regardless of the name. Mark is absolutely horrified by the oil spill and the suffering of the gulf's inhabitants (human and animal) but he does not think that adding more suffering to innocent people with misplaced anger is the answer.

With respect,

Michael Tremonti

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) From Michael:

that's good to hear. I think it's good Mark is not letting them get caught up in
that.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
Agent D
USER INFO »

Haha I guess Michael's post shut up a lot people. Good job by whoever just tossed Creed's name into the ring.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

Good news.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #13
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) From Michael:
Lord Have Mercy and i done got all excited about the efforts, which i do agree to a certian point of view, of not wanting to get involved, if you dont feel your called to do it, somebody just went ahead and voluntered creed i cant really blame,em With These Guys Schuleds Looks Like They Can Perform All Things, BLESSINGS AND STRENETH Thanks For Posting Dk, and the guys to set the record straight, .............. And JUST In Case Ya Gotta Stop To A BP To Fuel Up ....Like i said they should lower the fuel prices dirt cheap, LOVE, T Spirt THE SHOW MUST GO ON.....