++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed to Record New Single?!

Someone posted this over on ABB.net, hopefully it's true but it's from April 27th so who knows.

http://www.razor947.com/music/music_.../58c526f2b2c3/
Quote: Creed are planning to return to the studio to record another single to help support their upcoming summer tour, which kicks off in late July. Guitarist Mark Tremonti told us before their appearance on The Tonight Show last Friday that he'd be meeting with producer Howard Benson the next day to offer up some musical ideas. He says there are no titles yet, but that he expects the new song to be added to their Full Circle album before the tour.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: Creed to Record New Single?!

Awesome. I hope it's true.

"the new song to be added to their Full Circle album before the tour."

They're going to add a song to the album?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

I expect it'll be a B-side, still, that's good with me. New material or un-released material is always welcome
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by BSC) I expect it'll be a B-side, still, that's good with me. New material or un-released material is always welcome
it dont matter new creed stuff is always welcome i agree wit ya..... pressing on
Old 05-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Can't wait to hear some new Creed! I hope EROCK is apart of this new "song"!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Agent D
USER INFO »

They don't want to play more than five sings off of Full Circle but they want to record an entirely new single to play on tour. Lol so weird.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Wouldn't it make more sense to release a song from the album? It's almost like they don't believe in the songs they already wrote.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

I got to be honest with you I enjoyed Full Circle because I got to hear the guys again but after listening to it on and off for the past few months I can really see why they would want to do another single. The biggest problem with full circle was that it was rushed..Lyrics were crammed into songs and it felt very unpolished, Benson's production value sucked, and they were really all over the place on the cd..Overcome was undoubtedly the best song on the CD and really the only one which had a semblemce of classic creed grunge sound..I think they should have gone back to their roots and made this a real comparison to MOP instead this AB/Stapp tanked..I really hate saying it but its the truth..Why is it that every Creed cd gets softer and gayer??Yeah Full circle has its brightspots but they are few and far in between..I want to see Mark and Stapp write more songs like overcome and less like rain and Away in silence..Bulletts shows the potential that the band has and are capable of but instead they choose to crank out commericalized crap by a crap producer..regardless of his credentials Id prefer their classic sound with a little more emphasis on killer shreds and solos my Mark..I have faith that Creed can regain its status as an elite band but they must first find themselves again instead of trying to be something they are not..
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I think they probably want to use Scott's newly found singing ability to their advantage. I think they should just re-record the entire album now that Scott may actually be able to reclaim his title has best singer on the god damn planet. Scott's vocals on Full Circle aren't very good. Better than most other rock bands, but still not very good and it's a damn shame. I agree with tremontiriffs though. I hope they take more time on Creed V and make it sound more like Human Clay as opposed to Alter Bridge rejects with vocals from the formerly greatest singer on the planet. And stay the hell away from howard bensen. I want them to go back to John or work with Nick R or Elvis Baskette.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

I agree with Buried Alive and TremontiRiffs... I think A Thousand Faces is the best song on the album, but thats not the point. I saw the video of Scott and Eric singing WAWO and yes his voice is finally coming back I like the album but like it was previously said they should have started back at their roots and went with a MOP mood. I totally agree that they should have stayed with John since day one of this new album. As for Elvis, i think that should be AB's just look at Blackbird awesome album. Even Stapp said they started back at Torn. We'll just have to wait and see what comes about, in the end given enough time and right choices made by Stapp, Creed can reclaim their title.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

I don't fully agree with you guys. I thought Full Circle was a pretty good album. Some of it's songs were a little dull, like Good Fight. But overall it was a fun experience.

I have a few criticisms of the album though. Most of the songs were not about issues that people deal with in life or about problems that people face, such as a moral struggle and such. It was a very commercial album, very easy to listen to. It is interesting that they took such a easy route with a reunion album. Especially when you look at there first album they debuted with, MOP. MOP was an album that said something. It covered many areas of life that people can relate to.

I also didn't like the way the songs were formatted. I've said this before too. Each song kind of followed the same formula. It's like they wrote each song based off a guide on "How to be successful in todays music scene."...which they aren't.

It didin't feel/sound like a Creed album. I would like them to drop Benson and get back with their original producer. Of which they had great success with.

And really, Creed has been doing some stupid stuff lately. It's like they don't care about Full Circle. They're supposed to be promoting the new album. But all they play is WAWO and Higher. It's like they have no integrity as a band to say "Fuck you guys. This is our new stuff. Like it or not were playing it. I'm tired of playing WAWO for the thousandth time."

They still have potential. But I don't think they take Creed that seriously any more.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

^You do realize they only had a few months to put this album together right? If you were expecting an album like HC or MOP then you had your expectations way too high.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) ^You do realize they only had a few months to put this album together right? If you were expecting an album like HC or MOP then you had your expectations way too high.
So I should expect a rushed, half-assed album from my favorite band? They only had a couple months because they chose to accept that amount of time. What, was Wind-up going to drop there most successful act? I don't think so. If they wanted a year, they could have easily said "Creed will be back in one year with Full Circle."
Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

It wasn't half-anything... they did their best & put their heart & soul into it, so take it or leave it. I feel it's it an overall incredible album.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) And really, Creed has been doing some stupid stuff lately. It's like they don't care about Full Circle. They're supposed to be promoting the new album. But all they play is WAWO and Higher. It's like they have no integrity as a band to say "Fuck you guys. This is our new stuff. Like it or not were playing it. I'm tired of playing WAWO for the thousandth time."

They are an incredibly mismanaged band. They've been that way since day one. You'd think they would've learned by now, since they are veterans. But to allow themselves to be pushed around and forced to play eight-year-old songs that most people don't want to hear anymore, especially with a new album out. It's just so embarrassing. I'm tired of having to be embarrassed to be a fan of this band lol.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) It wasn't half-anything... they did their best & put their heart & soul into it, so take it or leave it. I feel it's it an overall incredible album.

They put their hearts and souls into it...but it was also rushed. Haha you can't have it both ways, sorry.

Of course, I love Full Circle so I'm not really complaining. I wish it would get a little more promotion as I alluded to.