++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Stapp Story?

Just saw this today while checking out the site of a local alt-rock station... posted this morning:
http://www.q1021.fm/html/
SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS HELPED SPLIT UP CREED
The release of Passion Of The Christ: Songs tomorrow (Tuesday, August 31st) features Creed singer Scott Stapp's first solo recording, "Relearn Love," which is his most public expression of his spirituality. Stapp has talked about his upbringing in a strict Christian household, where his father was a lay religious leader, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about its role in his music. Now, however, Stapp told Q102 that the attention that's been paid to his spirituality didn't sit well with his bandmates, which led to Creed's breakup last year. "I was kind of, I think, screwing up their plan for sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll, because of kinda how people changed the way they approached the band, and, and how our fans did. And initially, it was something that they resented, and probably was a constant thread of resentment that ran through the band from the time we were in the public until we broke up."
Posted by Q102 on Monday, August 30 @ 08:36:33 CDT (0 reads)

Old 08-30-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
and i just want to point out that i'm not in agreement w/ this or even if it's true... just sharing what i found

Old 08-30-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Thanks for the interview.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:27 PM   #4
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) Just saw this today while checking out the site of a local alt-rock station... posted this morning:
http://www.q1021.fm/html/
SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS HELPED SPLIT UP CREED
The release of Passion Of The Christ: Songs tomorrow (Tuesday, August 31st) features Creed singer Scott Stapp's first solo recording, "Relearn Love," which is his most public expression of his spirituality. Stapp has talked about his upbringing in a strict Christian household, where his father was a lay religious leader, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about its role in his music. Now, however, Stapp told Q102 that the attention that's been paid to his spirituality didn't sit well with his bandmates, which led to Creed's breakup last year. "I was kind of, I think, screwing up their plan for sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll, because of kinda how people changed the way they approached the band, and, and how our fans did. And initially, it was something that they resented, and probably was a constant thread of resentment that ran through the band from the time we were in the public until we broke up."
Posted by Q102 on Monday, August 30 @ 08:36:33 CDT (0 reads)

What a bucket of bullshit. I believe this about as much as I believe the freakin sky is green.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Well, I don't think any one of us can claim to know anything more about either side of the story. Only the band members know what truly went on, and we can only go by what comes straight from them. We need to take what's in the media somewhat with a grain of salt, because it's been said that they've put a "spin" on what the band members actually say sometimes. Unless I see them on video or hear their actual voice saying something, I just kind of keep it on the back burner.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Well said, Kim. I feel the same way.

Relearn Love
Old 08-30-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) Well, I don't think any one of us can claim to know anything more about either side of the story. Only the band members know what truly went on, and we can only go by what comes straight from them. We need to take what's in the media somewhat with a grain of salt, because it's been said that they've put a "spin" on what the band members actually say sometimes. Unless I see them on video or hear their actual voice saying something, I just kind of keep it on the back burner.
Well said Kim.

Whatever Scott said could have been taken out of context. I would love to know where that Q102 is from. I would like to know if they have that interview up on their web-site to listen to. I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:57 PM   #8
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Well said Kim.

Whatever Scott said could have been taken out of context. I would love to know where that Q102 is from. I would like to know if they have that interview up on their web-site to listen to. I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.

I clicked on the link and they don't seem to have the interview to listen to. At the bottom of their home page it says they're in Springfield, MO.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm with you, Robyn. It's totally contradictory to what he's been saying in all of the other interviews.

Relearn Love
Old 08-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) I clicked on the link and they don't seem to have the interview to listen to. At the bottom of their home page it says they're in Springfield, MO.
LOL Kim - I didn't even notice that link. I am going to try to email that station and get more information about this.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #11
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hahahahahaha......hahahahah....omg....hahahaha. And Santa Claus, leprechauns and the Easter Bunny are REAL. Give me a break.

Tell me who did the interview, when it was done, and provide an audio of it. Then.....I might believe that Stapp uttered some of those words. Geez people, he has refused to speak ill of anyone for months, even now that he is actually talking....and you think he's gonna come up with something like this? Give the man some credit.

That sounds just like a Creed-hatin DJ wrote it......oooooh yeah....thanks for the laugh...hehe
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 PM   #12
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Hahahahahaha......hahahahah....omg....hahahaha. And Santa Claus, leprechauns and the Easter Bunny are REAL. Give me a break.

Tell me who did the interview, when it was done, and provide an audio of it. Then.....I might believe that Stapp uttered some of those words. Geez people, he has refused to speak ill of anyone for months, even now that he is actually talking....and you think he's gonna come up with something like this? Give the man some credit.

That sounds just like a Creed-hatin DJ wrote it......oooooh yeah....thanks for the laugh...hehe

Lol Jooji...I got a laugh out of this one too.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:07 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm positive that was taken out of context. I assume we're supposed to assume that by "them" he's referring to Mark, Flip, and Bryan but I bet he's talking about the record label.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:13 PM   #14
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
This kind of crap will start now that he has a project coming out. The timing is uncanny, don't cha think? Sadly, once again, the media will play the fiddle and so many people will dance to the sour notes.

I have to wonder if he even knows this particular bunch of "words" is floating around. It would be nice to know what ORIGIONAL interview this was taken from...got a hunch that if it was in there it is TOTALLY out of context...real easy to change words around, done all the time to shorten interviews for time constraints.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:23 AM   #15
Echelon Soldier
USER INFO »
man

I am sure it's a real interview but it's a crock of shit. What i hate most is someone that claims to be christian and then SWEARS, DRINKS , does drugs, and screws anything that is blonde with big boobs.

trust me. If anything ...the guy's hated the fact that everything about him was FAKE!

I never really wanted
you to see the screwed
up side of me that i keep
locked inside of me so deep
It always seems to get to me
I never really wanted you to go
So many things you should have known
I guess for me, there's just no hope
I never meant to be so colddd..
I Never meant to be so colddd...
Closed Thread