++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Smokers Church #2

This post is NOT a place to debate whether smoking is bad for you or not. It is a place to talk about different styles of churches and do U think they are a good idea or not. Here once again, is my message. Lets try this again.

I heard of a church in the South that is dedicated to those who smoke
but wish to come along to church. They can smoke while in church.

Some would say this is wrong because it encourages sin...

Some would say that it is a great way of dealing with people where they are at and providing an accessable environment for them to grow in relationship with God.

What do you all think...

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
From the first thread:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedsister, in the first smokers church thread) How wonderful of you to bring this up , i think its no more than right its not encouraging sin not smoking if this could take place YOU WOULD SEE AN AWSOME MOVE GOD in the church , we serve the come as you Are God...man its just like of you have friends visting your house you want everybody to relax and be comfortable and not so up tight people sinners who ever need be relaxed when hearing the word Of God , and not in hurry to get out the door to go smoke im sure The Lord Feels The Same Way...of course a lot of pepole and church leaders and organizers dont feel the same way about it but if there in a church In The South , precious donna thats moving in this direction or trying too WHOOOOOOOOO that gives me some kinda hope that some would realize indeed the souls are what importan not the fact that she or he smokes.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I must admit that the best times i have had church-wise were times when i have talked about God and fellowshipped with believers and non-believers on a front lawn, with them drinking beer and smoking and stuff. Huge stuff has happened!

I know a church in the city that meets in an actual club! They have drunk people coming into their services and everything, but I think its actually really great! Cos at least they are being exposed to information about Jesus and heck, this is REAL COMMUNITY! The church in Acts was a community man!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Awsome Stuff !!! Lawns Are Great !!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
First, a smoking church seems quite the parody...

As far as discussion;

Where two or more gather, in my book, regardless of the environment.

We all know the difference between right and wrong, it's the ability to distinguish that calling that sets us apart.

I am fulfilled when I express what I feel with my wife and children, that alone is enough for me, to release that energy with perfect strangers (whether it be in a coffee house, BB (love you guys!), or a smoking church), only supports the actual beginning teachings of faith (exclude no one), as no man should be left alone from brotherhood simply due to a decision...

Heaven