++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you think of "Fight Song"?

Hey guys lets get away from the whole riviary thing and answer this question?What do you think of Fight Song? Will it be a big hit on radio?will it be played one in a while?How do you rate this song with some of AB's Heavier stuff?
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 11-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i don't think it's as heavy as ab's heavier stuff or the future music that ab will put out (it's supposed to be harder rock as they didn't want to completely alienate fans with the first record)...and i'm not sure about the song on the radio as i haven't heard all the others yet...but by first listen and comparing it to SM and TGD, i don't think FS will be played on the radio.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »
AMEN. AMEN!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-01-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Well, it could possibly be a hit on rock radio. I mean, What If did well on rock radio, and still gets some play today. And I view the Fight Song as being somewhat similar, in terms of "hardness" to What If. I highly doubt, though, that it'll be a huge hit. I think it's a little too hard for pop radio.

As far as it being as hard as AB's heavy stuff, I second what Creed7352 said. It's not as hard as a song like Metalingus. Doesn't mean it's not a good song, though. I like it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Same here, even though is the only Stapp song I really liked (until now) I think itsnt the type of song that will played on radio, because its heavy and WU is going to promote him in another direction: POP
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
Creed7352
USER INFO »
right, that doesn't mean it's not good. hope no one takes what i said wrong and thinks that's what i meant.

i don't really hear a what if-ness in it personally...i guess only time will tell. what if wasn't played out here in cali...the last songs to be really spun on radio were higher, wawo, and MS....i didn't even hear OLB on the radio out here.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
Funny how that works. OLB was a HUGE hit here back in the Summer/Fall of '02. I'd hear it all the time on pop radio; not so much on rock. Creed still gets played on a rather consistent basis around here. I don't listen to the radio a lot, but I hear them on an almost daily basis. Matter of fact, my local rock station played Creed 5 times in a 24 hour span, PLUS they played The Great Divide and Open Your Eyes during that same span. I guess the DJs on my rock stations must like Creed, or something.

I also recently heard "Higher" on pop radio. And I've heard My Sacrifice and OLB recently on there as well. So I guess they are still well played around here.

Back on topic, though. The first time I listened to FS, I immediately thought of What If. I think I thought that because of the "aggressiveness" of the vocals and music. It reminded me of the same aggressiveness of a song like What If. It's not quite as hard as What If, but it reminds me of it nonetheless.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »
well i think it's an awesome song... but i just don't think it's cut out for radio... maybe back in the early 90's but not now... if you're not pop you won't get played, as simple as that. SM, if it's released as a single, i would guess would do very well on radio.

on a side note.. post #100! woo triple digits baby!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #9
metalanus
USER INFO »
I may be in the dark here but haevent we only heard a sample of fight song. I dont know about you but I have yet to here it in its entirety.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 AM   #10
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Personally, i really havent heard anything from the album that makes it "Noteworthy" as far as greatest hits are concerned. Im not starting a fight, thats not what i want, but to express an honest opinion. Stapp is going waaay too far with the under-annunciation of some words. Plus, the fact that the chorus for "Fight Song" has him saying "This is my fight song"...That really doesnt constitute a high level of creativity on his part. He could have chosen a lot of his words better and shaped the song into an fight scene imagery. Overall, Fight song really didnt catch my attention, and neither did Surround me. The only song that i can say that i sorta like is The Great Divide. Lets see what the rest of the album brings to the table.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 11-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #11
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Hey guys lets get away from the whole riviary thing and answer this question?What do you think of Fight Song? Will it be a big hit on radio?will it be played one in a while?How do you rate this song with some of AB's Heavier stuff?

I really like Fight Song. It's a great heavy piece, and much different from the other two.

I won't compare it to anything by AB, but I will to the Weathered cd. It's always been my fave, and I think that Stapp's cd will be much like that. Since I've heard Fight Song, it seems like it will have good combination of ballads, mid-heavy and heavier songs.

About radio play, I don't see why it wouldn't get a few spins.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #12
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: About radio play, I don't see why it wouldn't get a few spins.

cause radio sucks!!! :lol
Old 11-02-2005, 04:08 PM   #13
bobben
USER INFO »
I'm sure that Surround Me will sell more and get more airtime than Fight Song! No question about it!
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #14
Soundslave
USER INFO »
However, with Stapp's music, the heavier stuff doesn't really appeal to me. I don't know why, it just to me seems a little out of his element for some reason.
I'm not much of a fan of Fight Song, both lyrically and vocally. Maybe it's the heaviness of the music that clashes with the deepness of Scott's voice when he "screams"(can't think of a better word), during the choruses. I feel the same way about What If and Are You Ready. Those songs never appealed to me.

It's the exact opposite for AB, where I enjoy the heavier songs much more than the softer songs.

So far, Surround Me is my favorite song on the TGD