++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 AM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: TGD certified Platinum by the RIAA

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Better by roughly 1,000(I think Billboard had TGD's first week sales pegged around 94,500, or somewhere along that line, while AB's were around 95,000). I think WU still believes that Stapp, because his music is more pop radio friendly than AB's, will sell more than AB. Whether they are right or not, that remains to be seen. Right now, as far as I can tell, the sales for TGD and ODR are about equal(in terms of week by week sales). Still, I don't think comparisons are fair at this point. Really, I'd rather not compare the two.
Yeah, whatever... I'm proud of being a fan of AB, such a fan friendly, down to earth, and talanted band. No matter how many records they sell!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan) I have been in many music and other stores who sell music, and there is a crap load of scott stapp records on the self still. He has not sold a million copies, there is no way. Like a post before before me, Wind Up and BMG (I think) shipped a million copies thinking Stapp would be a great hit, but that is falling flat on its face.
Yeah, seriously... That's the only explanation. (I do too like the CD and am not trying to bash Scott).

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #17
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, whatever... I'm proud of being a fan of AB, such a fan friendly, down to earth, and talanted band. No matter how many records they sell!

Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 01-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) He did the same thing recently on their Last Call/ with Carson Daly performance. I actually posted something in the Music Matters section about how was hiding his hand the entire time. It was hilarious... and to top it off, they were terrible on the show.

They weren't downright awful on this show, but they weren't good, either. I wanted to give them a chance, but their type of music is lost on me, I guess.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, whatever... I'm proud of being a fan of AB, such a fan friendly, down to earth, and talanted band. No matter how many records they sell!

I'm proud of being a fan of AB and Stapp as well. I thoroughly enjoy both. If all I cared about was album sales, I wouldn't be a fan of AB, Stapp, 12 Stones, Kutless, Sanctus Real, Pillar, Shinedown, many of the bands that I love. The only bands I'd like would be U2, Creed and Audioslave. That's about it. But I couldn't care less about album sales. The quality of the music is all that matters to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforigiven Fan) I have been in many music and other stores who sell music, and there is a crap load of scott stapp records on the self still. He has not sold a million copies, there is no way. Like a post before before me, Wind Up and BMG (I think) shipped a million copies thinking Stapp would be a great hit, but that is falling flat on its face. (I have to say I do like his CD so I am not trying to bash him or the cd)

I still think Stapp can be a big hit, but I think releasing "The Great Divide" as the first single might have been a huge mistake. I believe that if they went in a different direction and released "Justify" or "Hard Way", that might have faired better. "Justify" would have proven that Stapp is not Creed 2.0, but instead a solo artist starting over again. I still believe that, if released, "Surround Me" could be a big hit for him, but I'd like to see WU release a harder single next.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I still think Stapp can be a big hit, but I think releasing "The Great Divide" as the first single might have been a huge mistake. I believe that if they went in a different direction and released "Justify" or "Hard Way", that might have faired better. "Justify" would have proven that Stapp is not Creed 2.0, but instead a solo artist starting over again. I still believe that, if released, "Surround Me" could be a big hit for him, but I'd like to see WU release a harder single next.

Exactly!
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #20
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

It's kinda funny, the sales of both stapp and AB are 50/50 and the answer is quite appearent. When creed broke up the fan base split. It really puts things into perspective as to how huge creeds base was.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #21
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) It's kinda funny, the sales of both stapp and AB are 50/50 and the answer is quite appearent. When creed broke up the fan base split. It really puts things into perspective as to how huge creeds base was.

Well the fan base for Creed was complicated, there were MOP fans, MOP/Human Clay fans, HC/Weathred fans, all three album fans, or the so-called fans (fakies) who only liked one or two singles...and this was always shifting and there was probably a small solid fan base that was attached to all three albums and what the band was about but never a large one. So it is possible that this small fan base could have split 50/50 but it sounds like there is some crossover fans who like both sides, and some who like one or the others. There is also the possiblity that some of the solid creed fan base did not progressed to one of the two sides.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #22
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »

Quote: I still believe that, if released, "Surround Me" could be a big hit for him, but I'd like to see WU release a harder single next.

i agree that it could be a hit (I love it) ,but i am doubting that they will release a harder song next . Surround Me actually seems to be the next one , considering thats really the only other song besides TGD that Scott seems to be singing anywhere. That is , the only other one of his own solo songs ....
Old 01-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #23
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm proud of being a fan of AB and Stapp as well.
Well, I can't say I'm "proud" of being a fan of Scott. He behaves like an asshole and his music isn't original at all. (Although I do like TGD).

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But I couldn't care less about album sales. The quality of the music is all that matters to me.
I care a whole lot about album sales. The more they sell the bigger their success will be. And in oder for bands to come to Sweden, they must have some success.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I still think Stapp can be a big hit, but I think releasing "The Great Divide" as the first single might have been a huge mistake. I believe that if they went in a different direction and released "Justify" or "Hard Way", that might have faired better. "Justify" would have proven that Stapp is not Creed 2.0, but instead a solo artist starting over again. I still believe that, if released, "Surround Me" could be a big hit for him, but I'd like to see WU release a harder single next.
I actually don't agree at all. I think we've all seen the Top of Stapp's career, and that was in Creed. I honestly don't think Stapp will be a hit. And I think releasing The Great Divide as the first single was pretty fair, since he is, (at least trying to), be Creed 2. It's pretty obvious, John Kurzweg even produced his CD.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #24
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: Well, I can't say I'm "proud" of being a fan of Scott. He behaves like an asshole and his music isn't original at all. (Although I do like TGD).

Same here.

Quote: I care a whole lot about album sales. The more they sell the bigger their success will be. And in oder for bands to come to Sweden, they must have some success.

Lith, I think I got what titan meant (and I agreed with that): albums sales isnt the same of 'quality', you know a lof of 'artists' who sell tons of copies even though their music is crap. The list has Eminem, Britney Spears, Ahsley Simpson, Usher...wow...a lot of them...

So I prefer that AB doenst sell so much albums than selling making crap music
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 01-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Lith, I think I got what titan meant (and I agreed with that): albums sales isnt the same of 'quality', you know a lof of 'artists' who sell tons of copies even though their music is crap. The list has Eminem, Britney Spears, Ahsley Simpson, Usher...wow...a lot of them...

So I prefer that AB doenst sell so much albums than selling making crap music

Exactly, Ana. Of course I want the band to be successful and earn enough money to not have to worry about finances. But I do not think sales translate to quality. If my favorite artist sells only 100,000 albums their entire career, that doesn't make me think their music is crap. I guess the difference between Lith and I is that I prefer to dwell on positivity(that's my lifestyle, that's what I believe in), while Lith seems to be a bit cynical concerning Stapp.

And I don't let what musicians do influence whether or not I am proud to be a fan of theirs. If I did that, I'd be ashamed to call myself a Creed fan, given what happened in Chicago. But I am not. I let the music speak for itself and influence whether or not I like a band. And I choose to be positive concerning said band or artist. That's just me, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #26
Soundslave
USER INFO »

Unlike AB who probably won't ever be a household name on Top40 radio, I feel that Stapp will never be able to gain widespread popularity on rock radio. For his album to become extremely popular, Windup really should stick to the softer, more AC type songs like Surround Me and Broken.

I just don't think that songs such as Fight Song, Hard Way, or Justify would catch on. Justify could've become a hit if Stapp had sang the verses instead of talking them.