++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-28-2004, 04:24 AM   #31
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) so, evil wizzer, give it a rest. don't get upset just b/c creed broke up and, more importantly, don't take it out on us.

Sorry man, I just miss Creed. AB is not bad, but Creed still was better...
Old 08-28-2004, 04:39 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »
So why did you say AB is just about making money, when they're making the music they really want to and say "This is just about the fun". PLUS, these guys are so freaking rich they wouldn't have to work for the rest of their lives now, but they love what they're doing and their fans and will always do!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 08-28-2004, 04:58 AM   #33
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) So why did you say AB is just about making money, when they're making the music they really want to and say "This is just about the fun". PLUS, these guys are so freaking rich they wouldn't have to work for the rest of their lives now, but they love what they're doing and their fans and will always do!!

You are so naive... Hopeless naive... Everything is about angels...
Old 09-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #34
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) You are so naive... Hopeless naive... Everything is about angels...

Angels?

I like the CD up there with the Creed CDs. I think all the songs have a message of some sort even if it isn't religious. They don't all have to have an underlying religious message. They will then fall in the same trap Creed did of saying they are Christian rock, so they better keep the Christian/religious messages to a minimum. However, I like the religious messages. Out of all the music out there today, the songs that seem to hook me the right way are those type songs because they are so passionate sounding not like rap dribble and bubblegum pop "oh I love you baby." I think they should have a few and it will spice up the music, but don't overload the CD with those type messages.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 09-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) You are so naive... Hopeless naive... Everything is about angels...
Hell it's not!! This project ain't about making money, and you know it!! There's no other angle!

Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?)
I like the CD up there with the Creed CDs. I think all the songs have a message of some sort even if it isn't religious. They don't all have to have an underlying religious message.
Yeah, exactly!! What's your name?

I'm Sebastian, but please call me Lith. I'm 15 and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #36
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) Comparing to creed, alter bridge is bullshit...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) AB is not bad
It would help if you made up your mind.

I love Creed, and I always will, they will forever be my favourite band, and I am still gutted that they have broken up. But, there is nothing we can do about it, so I am just enjoying Alter Bridge. They are a great band with fantastic songs. This may sound strange, but Creed and Alter Bridge are two very different bands. Even though there is the core of Flip, Tremo, and Marshall, everything now sounds very different, and it's hard to compare them to Creed because they are two very different types of rock. I'm sorry that you don't like One Day Remains, you really are missing out on a brilliant band, and a brilliant album.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #37
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Hell it's not!! This project ain't about making money, and you know it!! There's no other angle!

Yeah, exactly!! What's your name?

I'm Sebastian, but please call me Lith. I'm 15 and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden!!

Read the signature, Lith. I was AB2004 at AlterBridgeRocks, remember me? I joined this forum a long time ago but never activated my account. But since Steve is closing that forum, I had to find out why I wasn't able to post here so I asked Steve, he looked up my name here, and said I never activated my account, so here I am. BTW, I'm 16 from a small hick town in Virginia.

-Open Your Eyes

Last edited by R U Ready? : 09-06-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #38
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by R U Ready?) Read the signature, Lith. I was AB2004 at AlterBridgeRocks, remember me? I joined this forum a long time ago but never activated my account. But since Steve is closing that forum, I had to find out why I wasn't able to post here so I asked Steve, he looked up my name here, and said I never activated my account, so here I am. BTW, I'm 16 from a small hick town in Virginia.
Where in virginia? I live in a small town here too!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-06-2004, 10:55 PM   #39
JenRN
USER INFO »
AS far as the comparison, well there is no comparison to me. They are both geat in thier own sense. To me Creed is top of my list, it is and always will be my favorite. Creed is comforting to me, lifts my mood, makes me smile. That to me is worth tons...... Alterbridge rocks, I love the music and love the new cd, it is kick ass! I can't wait to see them in concert. But the combo of Stapp with Tremonti to me was just magical, I am not sure if anything will replace that for me anyways. They have moved on to other things and I accept that, but that does not change my love for Creed as a band. I will continue to follow both bands, great things will come from them all.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-07-2004, 03:30 AM   #40
Lucy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) But the combo of Stapp with Tremonti to me was just magical, I am not sure if anything will replace that for me anyways.

Very well said..
Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #41
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) AS far as the comparison, well there is no comparison to me. They are both geat in thier own sense. To me Creed is top of my list, it is and always will be my favorite. Creed is comforting to me, lifts my mood, makes me smile. That to me is worth tons...... Alterbridge rocks, I love the music and love the new cd, it is kick ass! I can't wait to see them in concert. But the combo of Stapp with Tremonti to me was just magical, I am not sure if anything will replace that for me anyways. They have moved on to other things and I accept that, but that does not change my love for Creed as a band. I will continue to follow both bands, great things will come from them all.

I totally agree, nothing can replace the musical magic Stapp and Tremonti made together! But they're all talented in their own right, and I wish them all the best in whatever they pursue, still holding onto hope....and enjoying all the Creed music they did give us - they may have gone their separate ways for now, but their music will live on forever!

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-07-2004, 11:05 AM   #42
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) I totally agree, nothing can replace the musical magic Stapp and Tremonti made together! But they're all talented in their own right, and I wish them all the best in whatever they pursue, still holding onto hope....and enjoying all the Creed music they did give us - they may have gone their separate ways for now, but their music will live on forever!

I feel the same way. Creed will always be my favorite band, regardless of what has happened or happens in the future. Their music and lyrics touched me like no other band has and I've listened to a lot of music over the years. I like AB and I enjoy some of their songs but I don't get the same feel from their music that I did with Creed. Just my opinion and experience listening to the music. I want them all to be happy and I wish all of the guys the best.

Relearn Love

Last edited by Sheila63 : 09-07-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:06 PM   #43
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) they may have gone their separate ways for now, but their music will live on forever!
Well said. I agree with you, their music will forever live on and Creed will not be forgotten. Just because a band has broken up doesn't mean they have lost their fans.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) I like AB and I enjoy some of their songs but I don't get the same feel from their music that I did with Creed.
I feel the same way. There is feeling with Alter Bridge and their songs are really beautiful, but Creed made me feel an emotion that no words can describe, I won't have that with any other band, even thogh they are no longer together the feeling is still there when I listen to their music, it makes me feel sad sometimes though.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 09-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #44
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Where in virginia? I live in a small town here too!

30mi. north of Charlottesville.

-Open Your Eyes