++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-13-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Not Up To Expectations

I've waited for months on the new Alter Bridge music. Nothing really outstanding about the single. Possibly the album will be better, but with what I've noticed on the single, just seems like something's missing. Chemistry is just not there. Long way from MOP. I've been a big fan of the music moreso than Scott, but it seems like Scott was the straw that stirred the drink.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Yeah, it does nothing for me either. I mean, it's not bad, but it doesn't move me like Creed's music does. I think there is too much filler towards the end and maybe another verse would have been better. JMO.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NeedforCreed) I've been a big fan of the music moreso than Scott, but it seems like Scott was the straw that stirred the drink.
I've never heard it put that way. I like that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) I mean, it's not bad, but it doesn't move me like Creed's music does.
I feel the same way.

Unfortunately with the circumstances what they are, it seems as if it will be an extremely long time for Scott to reconcile with the others. But miracles have been known to happen.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I've never heard it put that way. I like that.

I feel the same way.

Unfortunately with the circumstances what they are, it seems as if it will be an extremely long time for Scott to reconcile with the others. But miracles have been known to happen.
I also feel that way; the song just fell flat with me, and honestly, I approached it with an open mind when I listened. My husband said the same thing. I dunno, maybe some other songs on the CD will be better, more intriguing? I did enjoy Mark's guitar and Flip's drums alot, though. Please don't take that the wrong way, that just because Stapp wasn't singing, that's the reason I didn't like it. I just honestly don't think there's anything really special and unique about Myles' voice. It just sounds kind of ordinary IMO.
And yes, Shadow, miracles have been known to happen - for example, The Eagles said they'd reunite "when hell freezes over", and when they did reunite, they named their tour the "Hell Freezes Over Tour"!! Bon Jovi is another example - sometimes the band members just need a break from each other, and sometimes it can be a long break, to do other solo stuff, etc. So call me extremely hopeful, but I still hold onto that hope. Peace...

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 07-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The song is catchy at best. The only way I can explain it is that we [here] over hyped it. If you look at radio stations and TV stations the only big thing they did was the break up. They just casually dropped hint on side projects and that was about it. I think we just personally expected more. I'm still rather optimistic to hear the entire album, but I wouldnt be surprised if I get my hopes up again.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #6
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: The song is catchy at best. The only way I can explain it is that we [here] over hyped it. If you look at radio stations and TV stations the only big thing they did was the break up. They just casually dropped hint on side projects and that was about it.

Mullet Man, you have hit the nail on the head! But for the fans to take credit for the OVERHYPE...LOL...you definitely were steered in that direction, so it wasn't without instigation...

And once it was past the "breakup conversations" with the media, the hype also found it's way there as well.

Quote: I think we just personally expected more. I'm still rather optimistic to hear the entire album, but I wouldnt be surprised if I get my hopes up again

i'm optimistic as well, just think i won't be holding my breath...no matter what tho, i do wish AB whatever sucess they are due.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The song is growing on me, but as I have said before, it didn't knock my socks off. I'm hoping for better stuff on the album as well.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) The song is catchy at best. The only way I can explain it is that we [here] over hyped it. If you look at radio stations and TV stations the only big thing they did was the break up. They just casually dropped hint on side projects and that was about it. I think we just personally expected more. I'm still rather optimistic to hear the entire album, but I wouldnt be surprised if I get my hopes up again.

Exactly...I think people over-hyped it since everyone was eager to hear anything new Creed related...even though it was a new band. When people did finally hear it, and it wasn't something spectacular, they were let down.
I know not everyone feels this way...some really love it. I just think it's an average rock song.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I don't care for it...but I know others do. I listened to Kennedy before I ever heard the single....and sorry, but his voice doesn't say much to me....I'm sure he's got talent and range....but if it don't move people....what does it accomplish?

I'll listen to the other stuff on the album, but I would have to think that the first single is the one that showed more radio promise, so I'm not getting my hopes up too far. I'm not sure I want an entire CD with Kennedy as the front man. Not because its not Stapp, but because I don't particularly care for his voice.

I'm not sure how well the single is going over here in my part of the country....I have yet to hear it played during drive time.....when I am most likely to be listening.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #10
Valbear
USER INFO »
I play the single every once in a while on my computer and keep hoping it will have more depth to it the next time I listen to it. I like his voice well enough but the song isn't meaty enough. It seems like it's a formula song. The record company said "make a song that's catchy and flows, and here's the formula". Unfortunately, the formula makes it sound like it's been done before and it's boring. My radio stations come out of L.A. and I haven't heard it yet. I guess it's the kind of song that I wouldn't turn the station, but I wouldn't turn it up either.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #11
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Valbear) I play the single every once in a while on my computer and keep hoping it will have more depth to it the next time I listen to it. I like his voice well enough but the song isn't meaty enough. It seems like it's a formula song. The record company said "make a song that's catchy and flows, and here's the formula". Unfortunately, the formula makes it sound like it's been done before and it's boring. My radio stations come out of L.A. and I haven't heard it yet. I guess it's the kind of song that I wouldn't turn the station, but I wouldn't turn it up either.

Good point I agree I keep listening to it over and over and it just dosen't touch my soul like other songs. For example, "Torn". I agree also the fans we hype it up and then like many I was very disappointed. However, I am interested in hearing the rest of the CD.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) Please don't take that the wrong way, that just because Stapp wasn't singing, that's the reason I didn't like it. I just honestly don't think there's anything really special and unique about Myles' voice. It just sounds kind of ordinary IMO.
Good point Kim. It's not just because Scott wasn't singing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) And yes, Shadow, miracles have been known to happen - for example, The Eagles said they'd reunite "when hell freezes over", and when they did reunite, they named their tour the "Hell Freezes Over Tour"!! Bon Jovi is another example - sometimes the band members just need a break from each other, and sometimes it can be a long break, to do other solo stuff, etc. So call me extremely hopeful, but I still hold onto that hope. Peace...
I forgot about The Eagles - good point. I've mentioned it before on this board about Bon Jovi. I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan - another band that I've been with since the very beginning (seeing them as an opening band). There was one point where Jon and Richie didn't speak to each other.

I hold onto that hope too Kim.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) The only way I can explain it is that we [here] over hyped it.
We were all just waiting and waiting for something, anything. I think we all missed Creed. Nothing went on in 2003 with the band and then the rumours started flying in November 2003. It's all relative. I haven't heard the radio stations here (NY/Long Island) play it and I've made it a point to listen to the radio as opposed to CD's. Sometimes music is like that - it will be really hot in one part of the country and not in another. (Unless of course it's a band like Creed or Bon Jovi, etc. that's huge and played everywhere).
Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I think the reason I liked OYE so much is that, instead of waiting for a big thing, I was afraid it was going to be heavy and sound unlikely to my taste.

When I heard it and realized that all I loved was therem it moved me. Honestly, it exceeded my expectations because mine were completely different.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #14
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Hmmm ... I have to say, that I did expect a little more from Tremo, for the first single. But, I know that you can't judge a band when they have only put out one song. OYE has grown on me so much, and now it's one of those songs that move me, and I'm in love with it now. Can't WAIT for the album.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 07-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #15
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
honestly its a song tremonti could write in his sleep but i really do enjoy the song a lot. the lyrics apart from some creed songs (such as is this the end) are as good as most of creed's material (which was an area of concern for me) and its got such a big hook. it does sound a lot like creed but its better than the songs its similar too such as my sacrifice.

flip's drumming is better, the solo is cool (i thought it was too quick for the song but i now get it) and sorry some of you girls but myles vocally is much better than stapp. he makes the song only with tremonti's solo IMO.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie