++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Johnnynips
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Uncertain Demise

First of all I would like to clear the air for uncertain on a few issues. I believe that Uncertain iis entitled to his opinion just like I am. Personally i would like to tell him to shut the !@#4 up, but I can't because I do have class, so instead I will just post a couple of Uncertain's more tasteless comments on creed and maybe we could have a concensus of members who agree the more he spews uninformative crap the more are going to laugh at it:

"First, modern rock SUCKS. I can switch nickleback with 3 doors down, with puddle of mudd, with Creed, with hoobastank, and never be able to tell the freaking difference. I don't CARE if a bunch of thirteen year old girls were touched by Creed's music, that doesn't make Scott Stapp a great singer and vocalist"------

"And LOTS of people are smart enoguh to realize that Myles has got an incredible voice, you apparently not included. Your ridiculous generalization that no one wants to hear a guy from the eighties is ridiculous. Myles Kennedy sounds a lot like Chris Cornell, who is one of the most beloved signer of the nineties and early 00's"

"Shut your mouth because you obviously know NOTHING about music. By your logic, Ashlee Simpson is a great singer with lots of talent because she is such a fiscal success and "millions" (of teenage girls) are "moved" by her."

"Obviously you just don't like heavy music (heavy garbage?) but if so, then AB isn't your band, so just stay away from them, they obviously aren't your genre."

These are just a few of my favorites, anyways.... In response to these statements I have a couple of "opinions" on Uncertains commentart.

1) Creed fans are not a bunch of 13 year old Ashley Simpson fans who don't like Heavy music. I bought My own prison and thought it was one of the best cd's I've heard and since then I have been a huge creed fan.
2) Creed did not go soft as time went on, they got better, not only musically but vocally as well. Their are so many dime a dozen heavy rock bands nowadays, Creed gave us a little bit of everything on their cd's, not to heavy and not to soft.
3) If creed would have come out with a cd that sounded exactly like MOP then they would have gotten old within a year or two. Like all good rock bands Aerosmith, Metallica, ect. Artists have to reinvent themselves to stay and sound original instead of the same old thing.
4) I could tell you were being an asshole to people on this site before I even posted. If people want to remember one of the greatest rock bands in our memory they can. You should keep your negative comments to yourself and if people feel like saying they miss creed or whatever you should keep your opinions to yourself or post on the AB site forum.
5)I respect all the people on this board and I thought it was awesome to break your balls a little Uncertain as you were having so much fun ruining what memories we have left. Creed rocked, still rocks and will always rock and when alter bridge is a distant memory years to come, you'll still hear creed songs a 100 x's more than you care to so you can deal with it....Go creed. Good luck Alter bride peace out...

Last edited by Johnnynips : 04-30-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Look, Johnnynips, you're new here so let me help you just a bit. Not everyone who comes to this board is a fanboy/girl of Creed. Many are, but just as many aren't. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying there are varying degrees of fandom for Creed. That said, that means people aren't going to always agree. I really don't think Uncertain has been all that abusive in expressing his opinions about Creed. I agree that name-calling has no place here, and you should refrain from it as well.
People aren't going to agree all of the time. That's just the way it is. Personally, I think Uncertain's take on modern rock is pretty on target. I don't think I would have a problem telling the difference between Creed and 3DD, but he's right on about the other bands he mentioned.

Steve runs a pretty tight ship here and I'd say it's worked out pretty well for the most part. There's a little feature on this board that you might want to use if Uncertain pisses you off so much. Put Uncertain on your Ignore list. You can do that under your user CP.

Have a nice day .
Old 04-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Hmmm... well, I must say this is most entertaining. I have never gotten people *quite* so mad on a message board before.

I think the only problem with my posts now that I look back at them, is like when I voice some of my insults. Now I know the way it comes out in my head, and it is not with any venom at all. I am just trying to say (strongly) I don't agree with you at all. If we were sitting in the same room one would never take it as a personal attack and it really isn't meant to be. I don't take minor insults at all seriously (I insult and am insulted by my friends all the time and take it and give it with a smile, just the way I am).

So indeed, I am regrettful of some of the superlatives I use, but then again, my superlatives are at least always clean, and I have never once cursed or said anything profane.

Meanwhile, as for my opinion. They are my opinions. If you don't like them, you don't like them. That doesn't mean I can't post them. Obviously not everyone is quite as po'd by them as you are sicne I have made qutie a few internet friends over Creedfeed and continue to enjoy my discussions with them.

If everyone on Creedfeed were like you, I'd be gone. Obviously, with someone like you, there is no room for discussion. On a discussion board that doesn't work too well, so I would be gone if everyone were like you. I mean, you completely take my quotes out of context just to try and START an argument? I never compared Creed to Ashlee Simpson except in this: You claimed Creed was awesome because they sold a ton of records. I like Creed, but it is CERTAINLY not because they sold a ton of records. I was only using Ashlee Simpson as an example of how record sales=/=quality. That is just one example of how you twist words.

Thankfully there are people like teri, Dogstar, Titan9, BoC, Ana4Stapp, and many others who I like just as much and who are just as great to talk to. If you don't like me, ignore me. I'll ignore you. But as one last parting note before we start a mutual ignoring club:

I am not the one who started a single argument about Stapp, Creed, or anything else. It was always other people, in this case YOU.

I am not the one who mercilessly attacked someone else's favorite singer and then cried Wolf when my favorite singer was attacked in return.

I am not the one who started an ENTIRE STINKING THREAD bashing another member of this board.

So there you go. You don't like me. Thanks for wasting everyone's time proclaiming it to the world.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'd just like to say, i don't recall having had a problem w/ you or your opinions, Uncertain. just as Kerry said, I don't find you to be as harsh as some of the quotes, obviously taken out of context, might otherwise indicate. just keep on truckin'

Old 04-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Really, I've never had a problem with anyone's opinions here, some were harsh, some not.. But no name calling ok? thats when it gets ugly..
Message boards are full of opinions, Thats the purpose OF a message board.. Lets all just get along...
If we all shared the same opinions on everything, you all would be the most bunch of BORING people I would chat with!! we would all agree on every issue, and a conversation wouldn't be able to keep going...Thankfully we all are entitled to our own opinions...Imagine posting the SAME word over and over every day on the "One word to Describe How you feel" thread....where's the fun in that?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Like I said, I will stop using names (personally, I find the names funny. Things such as "knucklehead", kinda make me laugh, and so I use them. They aren't really meant to insult, but I guess that is a hard idea to prove, lol). I will refrain from name-calling (well, at least most of it,lol) in the future.

But Johhnynips did not start this thread because of the namecalling. He started it because I disagreed with him when he basically said Myles sucks worse than any singer ever.

And I will NEVER "shut the !@#$% up" when someone says something like that.

And on another note, Johhnynips says:

Quote: Personally i would like to tell him to shut the !@#4 up, but I can't because I do have class,

If you have so much class, Johhnynips, why did create a thread for the sole purpose of attacking another member of the message board? That seems incredibly classless to me.

And by the way, I should have said "Guys and Gals" when I listed Titan9, Ana4stapp etc. because Ana4Stapp is most certainly not a "guy". lol
Old 04-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) 2) Creed did not go soft as time went on, they got better, not only musically but vocally as well. Their are so many dime a dozen heavy rock bands nowadays, Creed gave us a little bit of everything on their cd's, not to heavy and not to soft....
Ok, let's take these one at a time. Yes, as a matter of fact, Creed DID go soft as time went on. With Arms Wide Open from HC and the ultimate softy, Lullaby from Weathered. And I'm sorry, but vocally, Creed did NOT get better as time went on. Forgive me if I don't remember whether you've been to see them live, but anyone who saw the Weathered tour and has heard bootlegs of early Creed shows can tell you, Stapp's voice has gone downhill.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) 4) I could tell you were being an asshole to people on this site before I even posted. If people want to remember one of the greatest rock bands in our memory they can. You should keep your negative comments to yourself and if people feel like saying they miss creed or whatever you should keep your opinions to yourself or post on the AB site forum.
Ok, you calling him an asshole, is that you demonstrating the class you say you have? He's got an opinion, you've got an opinion. He's got an ignore feature, you do too. I suggest you use it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) 5)I respect all the people on this board and I thought it was awesome to break your balls a little Uncertain as you were having so much fun ruining what memories we have left. Creed rocked, still rocks and will always rock and when alter bridge is a distant memory years to come, you'll still hear creed songs a 100 x's more than you care to so you can deal with it....Go creed. Good luck Alter bride peace out...
I think that's a little bit too much credit you're giving uncertain, don't you? Did he really ruin what memories you have left of Creed? I think you need to toughen up just a little bit.

Look, there have been MANY MANY others who have gone before uncertaindrummer who have said FAR FAR worse things about Creed. I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that uncertaindrummer is NOT a troll, is NOT a Creed-basher and is relatively respectful of the members of this board. We've had to deal with a LOT of bashers, so we know a basher when we see it. And sorry, but in this case, I'm not seeing it.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Wow! I can't believe it guy!!!...you are... definitely wasting your time (and mine too) posting a thread to bash a member... like Uncertain, who thinks different and express his opinions...but not insults or bashes anyone here...

Just one more thing:does uncertain have the power to ruinning your Creed memories? I's a real tragedy!

Did you notice your intention of bashing Uncertain posting a whole thread here just to give you support to banishing him actually become a thread to defend him?...it will be something like:-" I like Uncertain" - thread lol

PS: You're quite right uncertain, after a lot of PMs, i'm not a guy...lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 05-01-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And I will NEVER "shut the !@#$% up" when someone says something like that.

And on another note, Johhnynips says:
the irony in that, of course, is that he, while not being "immature" by telling you to shut the fuck up, essentially was telling you to shut the fuck up by virtue of his writing it. a more mature person would have omitted it altogether, rather than put that just to try & prove their own maturity

Old 05-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Ok, let's take these one at a time. Yes, as a matter of fact, Creed DID go soft as time went on. With Arms Wide Open from HC and the ultimate softy, Lullaby from Weathered. And I'm sorry, but vocally, Creed did NOT get better as time went on. Forgive me if I don't remember whether you've been to see them live, but anyone who saw the Weathered tour and has heard bootlegs of early Creed shows can tell you, Stapp's voice has gone downhill.
see, 'round these here parts, Teri's word is almost Gospel.
I can't believe he said Creed improved vocally. i suppose a case could be made for "lyrically," but scott's vocal demise appears to be, in part, one reason why the band is no longer together (such that the other guys didn't like him skipping out on the pre-show soundchecks)

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) I think that's a little bit too much credit you're giving uncertain, don't you? Did he really ruin what memories you have left of Creed? I think you need to toughen up just a little bit.
jesus balls, no joke! i'm not sure what he's thinking. personally, i don't hear creed all that often on the radio down here (AB isn't on all that often, either, tho). truthfully, i can't remember the last time i heard either one of them on the alt-rock station; if/when it was Creed, it was most likely a song like Torn, one of their harder-rocking songs from their earlier days.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Look, there have been MANY MANY others who have gone before uncertaindrummer who have said FAR FAR worse things about Creed. I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that uncertaindrummer is NOT a troll, is NOT a Creed-basher and is relatively respectful of the members of this board. We've had to deal with a LOT of bashers, so we know a basher when we see it. And sorry, but in this case, I'm not seeing it.
"and, yea, what she spake that evening hath proven to ring true to this day"

Old 05-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Totally unnecessary thread. (sp?)
Old 05-01-2005, 03:16 AM   #12
Nameless
USER INFO »
I do love the 'take it point by point' method, don't you?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) First of all I would like to clear the air for uncertain on a few issues. I believe that Uncertain iis entitled to his opinion just like I am. Personally i would like to tell him to shut the !@#4 up, but I can't because I do have class, so instead I will just post a couple of Uncertain's more tasteless comments on creed and maybe we could have a concensus of members who agree the more he spews uninformative crap the more are going to laugh at it:

"Well, it's my opinion that your opinion SUCKS!" That's really all that this is, isn't it? This requires an entire thread to say? Couldn't you have PMed him?

Quote: [Insert Uncertaindrumer's comments here]

Hmm. Well, looks like I don't quite agree with several of his comments myself. However, I know that he's entitled to his opinion, and trying to debunk it with my own opinion is ridiculous.

Quote: These are just a few of my favorites, anyways.... In response to these statements I have a couple of "opinions" on Uncertains commentart.

Putting something in quotation marks usually implies that the encased is either not true or sarcasm. Are they not your opinions? Is there a third party involved that we are not aware of?

Quote: 1) Creed fans are not a bunch of 13 year old Ashley Simpson fans who don't like Heavy music. I bought My own prison and thought it was one of the best cd's I've heard and since then I have been a huge creed fan.

On the contrary. I'm a fifteen-year-old female who listens to a great deal of metal and thinks Ashlee Simpson is the fakest pop artist to ever plague a microphone. However, I did not see the quote where he labels all Creed fans as '13 year old Ashley Simpson fans who don't like Heavy music.' Where is it?

Quote: 2) Creed did not go soft as time went on, they got better, not only musically but vocally as well. Their are so many dime a dozen heavy rock bands nowadays, Creed gave us a little bit of everything on their cd's, not to heavy and not to soft.

Creed didn't go soft? Really? That's news to me.

Quote: 3) If creed would have come out with a cd that sounded exactly like MOP then they would have gotten old within a year or two. Like all good rock bands Aerosmith, Metallica, ect. Artists have to reinvent themselves to stay and sound original instead of the same old thing.

Too bad that St. Anger sucked and lost Metallica a lot of their original fanbase. And that they got progressively worse with each 'reinvention' after AJFA.

Quote: 4) I could tell you were being an asshole to people on this site before I even posted. If people want to remember one of the greatest rock bands in our memory they can. You should keep your negative comments to yourself and if people feel like saying they miss creed or whatever you should keep your opinions to yourself or post on the AB site forum.

...you think he's an asshole because he likes Alter Bridge and not Creed... while flaming him on a thread... devoted entirely to this flaming. ! Does not compute, cap'n !

Quote: 5)I respect all the people on this board and I thought it was awesome to break your balls a little Uncertain as you were having so much fun ruining what memories we have left. Creed rocked, still rocks and will always rock and when alter bridge is a distant memory years to come, you'll still hear creed songs a 100 x's more than you care to so you can deal with it....Go creed. Good luck Alter bride peace out...

...as you can all see, it's all about music taste in the end. There will always be Creed fans and Alter Bridge fans going at it while fans of both will cry, 'why can't we all get along?' And yea, then the warring fans will turn about and smite those peacemongers. Losers.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #13
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I jsut want to clear something up once and for all: I DO NOT DISLIKE CREED. I STRONGLY favor their first album over their last two, and definitely think they could have done a LOT better on their last two albums.

But I do NOT dislike Creed. I think MOP was one of the greatest albums of the 90's.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It's Sunday. On the seventh day, we rest. Points made. Thread closed. Have a great day.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Closed Thread