++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #16
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) You hit the nail on the head Echelon, it was good PR. You have to remember that Scott is a very skilled and deft interviewee. He's been doing it for years. On the flip side, Mark is not as polished and tends to be straight up honest which is why you have not seen him do an official interview yet. Now, before the Stapp fans jump on me understand that I am not ripping on him, I'm just saying that the two of them are different in that respect.

Michael

ummmm well we all know Scott is a confident speaker and very good with words, not just lyrically but also working a crowd and putting out in image via the media such as in interviews. About Mark I think he handled that interview with the same station that did that interview with Brian (the infamous one) very well but I agree he is more straight-up. However Michael perhaps this wasen't your intention but it seems you were implying that Scott was elastic with the truth here, great PR but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Just my perception of what you said perhaps I am way of base, sorry if that is so.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #17
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) You hit the nail on the head Echelon, it was good PR. You have to remember that Scott is a very skilled and deft interviewee. He's been doing it for years. On the flip side, Mark is not as polished and tends to be straight up honest which is why you have not seen him do an official interview yet. Now, before the Stapp fans jump on me understand that I am not ripping on him, I'm just saying that the two of them are different in that respect.
Well, what do you expect him to say? So you're basically saying that Scott is lying. (I'm not jumping on you). Just frustrated with all the unanswered questions. This whole thing really hasn't been fair to the fans Michael, you have to admit that. They, Creed, as a group really should come out and say either it's over or it's not.

You tell us as much as you can, but basically tip toe around what we really all want to know. I thought Scott, Mark and Scott P. appreciated their fans. Well, apparently that's not the case or as much as they all led us to believe. Did they forget where they came from or how they got to where they are now? FANS. If the reason why an official announcement can't be made is because Scott and Mark can't talk to each other - then they both need to suck it up and consider the fans for just a moment. At least Scott is talking in public about it. There is so much more I would like to say here, but can't!!!

Robyn (I'm going back to my corner now)

Last edited by Shadow : 04-13-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #18
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Yeh! I saw Michael's post and took it as it's best that Mark doesnt speak out cos he will blatantly let us know that the band is finnished!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 04-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #19
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Yeh! I saw Michael's post and took it as it's best that Mark doesnt speak out cos he will blatantly let us know that the band is finnished!

well if it is discovered that the band did decide to part ways months ago I guess fans will turn on to Stapp who deceived them. Pure speculation obviously which is why this whole thing is so frustrating. Either a united front of solidtary and a clear "yes we will be back in due course" or "Creed was a great part of all of our lives but the members have decided to go in seperate directions and they all wish eachother the best of luck in their further endeavours".
Old 04-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #20
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Alright, get off Michael's back. Don't shoot the messenger. Scott didn't tell the entire truth in the interview. And by truth, I mean no gossip, as in Mark calling Scott stupid or something like that. I think Scott shouldn't discuss his personal life if he doesn't want to. The band isn't broken up right now. They're releasing an album at the end of the year.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:49 PM   #21
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) well if it is discovered that the band did decide to part ways months ago I guess fans will turn on to Stapp who deceived them. Pure speculation obviously which is why this whole thing is so frustrating. Either a united front of solidtary and a clear "yes we will be back in due course" or "Creed was a great part of all of our lives but the members have decided to go in seperate directions and they all wish eachother the best of luck in their further endeavours".

They're on an extended break. We should know if they're going to break up once Mark's band and Scott Stapp are done with promoting their solo projects.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alright, get off Michael's back. Don't shoot the messenger. Scott didn't tell the entire truth in the interview. And by truth, I mean no gossip, as in Mark calling Scott stupid or something like that. I think Scott shouldn't discuss his personal life if he doesn't want to. The band isn't broken up right now. They're releasing an album at the end of the year.

i don't think it is anyone's intention to shoot the messenger but we are trying to make sense of all of this information and rumour. You don't know if Scott told the entire truth in that interview. Perhaps he didn't but you have no basis for that assumption. This isn't Scott's personal life we are not discussing Jagger for instance, this is his professional life and I think we have a right to know what is going on. I highly appreciate all of Michael's effort in keeping us updated but the implication was there, whether that was purposeful I don't know.

I don't think the success or lack of should matter whether they get back or not. Look at the example of Tool and A Perfect Circle. Maynard could easily make APC his full-time band because of their commercial success but he wants to have both. Mark and Flip could do a similar thing and Scott could do solo work/acting and Creed if he so wished. If that means 4 years between albums like Tool fans have endured then so be it as much as that would suck.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:14 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Well, what do you expect him to say? So you're basically saying that Scott is lying. (I'm not jumping on you). Just frustrated with all the unanswered questions.
A lot of the entertainment industry is hugely image-conscious and Scott and the whole band were no exception. PR is also a big part of it and many times that duty falls on the frontman because for many, he is the connection to the band. That being said, I don't justify his lying, if that's what he did. What he said about Chicago disappointed me greatly. I wasn't there, but it's apparent from others that that aberration of a performance had nothing to do with artistic expression. He should have kept his mouth shut, end of story.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #24
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) A lot of the entertainment industry is hugely image-conscious and Scott and the whole band were no exception. PR is also a big part of it and many times that duty falls on the frontman because for many, he is the connection to the band. That being said, I don't justify his lying, if that's what he did. What he said about Chicago disappointed me greatly. I wasn't there, but it's apparent from others that that aberration of a performance had nothing to do with artistic expression. He should have kept his mouth shut, end of story.

The handling of Chicago was a farce, it is clear there was liberal use of the truth and various people who went to the show have provided reports that heavily conflict with what Scott has said. You have to manage your PR carefully but lying (if that is the case how are we supposed to know) is terrible PR. Perhaps Scott is being 100% and I hope that is the case.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #25
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
It's too early to say that they're broken up or not. That's why they haven't said anything.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:48 PM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Not really. It's been over a year since they did anything as a group.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #27
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
They're releasing an album this year, so yes it is too early.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) They're releasing an album this year, so yes it is too early.
No, the label is putting out an anthology That doesn't constitute a new release, even if it does include a new song or two that most likely already was recorded long before the hiatus was announced.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #29
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) No, the label is putting out an anthology That doesn't constitute a new release, even if it does include a new song or two that most likely already was recorded long before the hiatus was announced.

Sure it does. The band members are tired of each other. They need a break from each other. If they don't want to say they're broken up or not, then there could be a chance that they will re-unite. They probably will make an announcement once they're finished promoting their solo projects.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #30
Echelon122
USER INFO »

Michael

PR ...public relations...positive spin. You don't go on a talk show where you're promoting yourself, and shoot yourself in the ass. Scott's smart enough to know how to spin it.

However, when you know the "non-spin"...you can't help but get that icky feeling in the pit of your stomache knowing the PR machine was working overtime to spit out things.

I think even in the interviews Mark did back in Fall 2002 when Scott was sick he was still more straight up than I thought the lable would let LOL.
Scott's interviews were always polished, and always PR spun. The ONE exception I think was USA Today back in August 2002. One of the first times that whole "public perception" got shattered. Interviews like THAT I like.

Shadow...I"m the one who basically said Stapp was lying....or spinning what the PR reps told him to. He's lied about so much stuff before, I really doubt he remembers the actual truth. This is my opinion Simply based on what I've seen/read/heard/been told over the years...and has been reinforced so many times since Chicago. There is PR and then there's outright lying, and I think that line for him has gotten REALLY Blured.

Quote: Well, what do you expect him to say? So you're basically saying that Scott is lying. (I'm not jumping on you). Just frustrated with all the unanswered questions. This whole thing really hasn't been fair to the fans Michael, you have to admit that. They, Creed, as a group really should come out and say either it's over or it's not.

I would expect him to say "I really don't know what's going on wiht Mark and Scottie". Granted, it was probably an innocent question from Killborn...but he could have answered it more truthfully and still saved face.

Quote: You tell us as much as you can, but basically tip toe around what we really all want to know.

What..is Creed done? Short answer - Yes. Long answer - Maybe.

Quote: I thought Scott, Mark and Scott P. appreciated their fans. Well, apparently that's not the case or as much as they all led us to believe. Did they forget where they came from or how they got to where they are now? FANS.

I'm sure they do, which is probably part of why "Creed is over" hasn't officially come down. Hell, the mear mention of solo projects back in 2001 had people DEVISTATED. Plus the lable's not THAT stupid.

I think they know full well where they came from and that it's the FANS that have gotten them to twhere they are now. I think that's evidenced in cluing fans in about new music. Face it, WU wouldn't tell ya if you begged. I doubt many new bands would invite fans to listen to a showcase.

Quote: If the reason why an official announcement can't be made is because Scott and Mark can't talk to each other - then they both need to suck it up and consider the fans for just a moment. At least Scott is talking in public about it. There is so much more I would like to say here, but can't!!!

Actually, I think they don't need to suck it up. If it's making their lives less hellish to not talk to each other, then fine. I think they've concidered the fans. They're not trying to make an album as Creed that would be forced and probably suck.
Scott's not sayin jack that hasn't been spun by PR people.
If Mark were to go out on shows like Stapp and answer those same questions, I'm sure the answers would be vastly different.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Closed Thread