++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 06-19-2003, 11:51 PM   #1
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
St. Anger

OK, I just heard this song "St. Anger" on 93X... I'm sorry but I honestly thought it was a joke or something.

I'm sorry you Metallica fans... I don't know if the entire album is any good, but that particular song is just... so... horrible. Argh!
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #2
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I totally agree with you Velocity...The first time I heard it, I was like WTF!! Then I heard the next song and it to me sounded just as bad..So needless to say, I'm really bummed!! I am a Metallica fan and I am sooo disappointed in this new stuff..I'm going to the concert in July and if it wasn't for Deftones being there, I'd probably try selling the tickets on e-bay or something..But my daughter loves Deftones, so we'll mainly be going just to see them, unless Metallica does alot of their older stuff..And I personally can't stand Limp Biscuit and Linkin park...sooo, spent over $70 a ticket, I'm just hoping I won't be too disappointed!!
Oh and by the way, you aren't by any chance from Minnesota, are you? I noticed you mentioned the radio station and that so happens to be the radio station I listen to...just asking

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 06-20-2003, 12:32 AM   #3
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm from Apple Valley!

Been to both Weathered concerts @ the X

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-20-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
I love the new album. Extremely original and the more you listen to the more addicting the music gets. Its all great, I love the new sound.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:52 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I disliked the SA video... it gives you the impression that all the guys in prison are nice boys...

I don´t think the songs sucks as much as you´ve been talking... but the new bassist singing is ... different! heh!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:40 AM   #6
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.Anderson
I love the new album.  Extremely original and the more you listen to the more addicting the music gets.  Its all great, I love the new sound.

I love it too. The DVD is better than the CD, imho.
If you guys didn't know, Robert (the new Metallica bassist) uses the Mark Tremonti Power Wah. You can see it in the St Anger DVD.
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL
________
HONDA NR500 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:58 AM   #7
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
Yeah, I'm from Apple Valley!

Been to both Weathered concerts @ the X

Well then, Howdy Neighbor!! lol....I'm in Burnsville, nice to meet you!! <-- this is as close as I could come to for shaking hands!!

Yep, I also went to both shows here too...My daughter and I also traveled to Alpine Valley, Wi, Cincinnati, Oh and Phoenix, Az (twice)(as you probably know, the first show in Phoenix was postponed due to Scotts infection) for Creed concerts last year and I met up with Dogstar, TeriB and Souldancer in Ft Wayne for a weekend of great fun and the show there...As you can probably see, I'm what they call CreedHead, I would follow them anywhere!! It was really cool to see them a week apart, the show in Ft Wayne was on the 10th of Nov and of course the one here was on the 17th...I was able to have my friend sneak in my digital camera and was able to get some pretty good pics, I think I must have taken over 100 shots..I'm just a little obsessed!! lol

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 06-21-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvscott4ever
Well then, Howdy Neighbor!! &nbsp;lol....I'm in Burnsville, nice to meet you!! &nbsp;<-- this is as close as I could come to for shaking hands!!

Yep, I also went to both shows here too...My daughter and I also traveled to Alpine Valley, Wi, Cincinnati, Oh and Phoenix, Az (twice)(as you probably know, the first show in Phoenix was postponed due to Scotts infection) for Creed concerts last year and I met up with Dogstar, TeriB and Souldancer in Ft Wayne for a weekend of great fun and the show there...As you can probably see, I'm what they call CreedHead, I would follow them anywhere!! &nbsp; &nbsp;It was really cool to see them a week apart, the show in Ft Wayne was on the 10th of Nov and of course the one here was on the 17th...I was able to have my friend sneak in my digital camera and was able to get some pretty good pics, I think I must have taken over 100 shots..I'm just a little obsessed!! &nbsp;lol

Wow! Nice to meet ya I actually just got back from a little venture into Burnsville. Was visiting a friend of mine that lives near Byerley's Grocery Store (can't remember how to spell it). As for me, I live about 3 miles away from the Cedar Ave/140th St. intersection.

I've been a huge Creed fan since 1998, but I've only been to the two latest St. Paul concerts. The first one I was in the pit, and it turned into a mosh . Now, I'm a guy, but the whole "moshing" thing I think is just stupid. I'm all for testosterone, but I'd liken the mosh pit concept to the scene in the Simpsons were Bart and Homer are charging at each other, heat-butting each other with cooking pots on their heads. I came to listen to the music, and do a good bit of head-banging.

The second one I got seats. Totally different perspective! It was a great show despite Scott's ongoing voice problems, but I still like the pit better. Dunno if you noticed this at all during the second show, but the crowd was pretty quiet for the 5-10 minutes after Freedom Fighter completed. Everyone got a look at Stapp, and he was still carrying around the Presidone "chubbiness." A lot of people were saying "is that Stapp?" I really think he should have told people what was going on just so that people wouldn't wonder.

Anyway, yeah I write way too much. ttyl

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
No, you don't write too much, I'm sometimes the same way, once I get started sometimes I can't stop! lol..For me, it depends on if I like the pit or not..We went to Disturbed in Mankota in May and we were on the floor and got stuck in the moshing and I had to drag my kid you becuz she couldn't hardly breathe, but once we got to the outside of the crowd it was pretty good..the same thing happened when we went to XFest, during Saliva I had to pull her out again!! I love it too, if they all wouldn't get so CRAZY!! I myself, love to move around a bit and bang the head like anyone else..but all the pushing and shoving, kinda gets on my nerves, and again, someone got dropped on my daughters head, she didn't like that too much!! lol..but there isn't anything better than being as close to the bands you love!! When the girls and I went to Ft Wayne, we were right on the rail...now that's the ONLY WAY TO GO!! If you can get there..that too was pretty insane, but just had to go with the flow I guess!!

Old 06-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #10
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
When I went to the Creed show here in Feb 2002, my friends, friend knows someone and we got free tickets, cuz when I tried to go to Ticketmaster and get them, I think they sold out in about 15 minutes, if I remember right....so I asked Jon if he could get us tickets and low and behold he did, those were pit, but by the time we got inside, had to bring my digital back to the car, it had been a long time since I had been to a concert and didn't realize you couldn't bring in cameras, so anywho, when we finally got back inside the pit was pretty full, so my friends and I just hung around the lower balcony...the kids went down to the floor and the girls came back and said it was way too crazy down there for them...that kinda surprised me (at the time) that it would happen at a Creed concert, but after being to all the Creed shows and different concerts I've been to the last year, I'm not so surprised anymore!! We too though had seats for the show in November..we weren't very close, but thankfully my camera was able to zoom in pretty good and I got quite a few good shots of the show!! So, I'm on to my next concert July 12th..going to see the Foo Fighters..YAY!! In the last year I've turned into a total concert junkie, I can't seem to get enough!! Then I'm going to Ozzfest, Metallica and Lollopalooza in Utah!! whew...that's it for now!! sorry, this time I wrote too much!!

Old 06-21-2003, 09:30 PM   #11
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am a Metallica fan and let me tell you this CD was a disgrace! I could not stand it, I was hoping it would get better after the first song but NO....... it just kept getting worse! I have seen them live before and loved them, I love the older stuff but honestly this CD was horrible, to me anyways!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-21-2003, 09:35 PM   #12
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Yeah... I can't speak for the album, but holy, holy, holy cow, the song "St. Anger" is just so messed up I couldn't believe my ears.

I was like, "did a 7-yr-old write this song or something?"

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-22-2003, 02:24 AM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I like the new album, though I agree it doesn't match the quality of the earlier Metallica. It's still a rockin' CD, though . St. Anger is probably my least favorite song on it.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #14
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I have definately heard conflicting reviews of it from alot of people..to me it sounds like either you like it, or you hate it!! I'm soo confused now! I have so far heard 2 songs from it that they have played on the radio..Of course 1 is St Anger and I'm not sure of the name of the other, but the other song sounds almost exactly like St Anger, so..so far I'm unimpressed..I don't feel like spend $15 on a cd I'm not going to like of listen too..guess I'm gonna have to find someone to borrow it from and give it a listen!! I'm still so bummed, I love Metallica, but not liking St Anger so far!!

Old 06-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #15
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Download it :lol:

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"