++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Reasons why people hate Creed...

This may be one of my best posts yet.

A while ago, before I joined the boards, I read a thread (I don't remember who started it), asking the question "Why do people hate Creed?" Well, lately I've been thinking about it, and decided to ask the experts on why people hate Creed... the Creed haters. I guess "Creed Dislikers" would be a better term since the people I asked are all my friends who know also all know that I LOVE Creed. Anyway, here is what I found out:

Pretty much everyone: All their music sounds alike." My response: Of course there's similarities, All the songs are written by the same people, performed by the same people, and sung by the same guy. All bands have material that sounds alike."

Burke - "I don't get their whole problem with drugs thing. Bands like Led Zeplin were f---ing shooting paint thinner into their asses before shows, and Creed has a problem with drinking a beer."
Me - "So you don't like them because they're not drug addicts and stay clean?"
Burke - "No. I didn't say that. I mean that they don't need to be so uptight about it."
Me - "They're not uptight about it. They just don't do it. One of their songs was written while Scott Stapp was tripping on acid, and another one was the morning after he drank 3 glasses of shroom juice and passed out..."
Burke - "But now their this uptight Christian band."
Me - "Dammit! Stop calling them a Christian band. *Explain why their not.*
Burke - "This is stupid. Stop arguing with me and do something useful."

Linae - "I swear that lead singer has watched every one of Pearl Jam's shows because his entire stage performance is exactly the same as Eddie Vedder's. You can borrow my Pearl Jam stuff and see for yourself if you want."
Me - "Stapp wasn't influenced by Pearl Jam. He was influenced by the Doors." FYI: I did watch her stuff, and I don't know what she was seeing.

Chris - "I know I give you beef for liking Creed, but Jesus really does like Creed, ya know. They're OK."

Jacque - "I don't hate Creed. Of course, I'm not a big fan of them either. I wonder who that is playing Creed in the background, Colin..."
Me - "Jesus."

Alex - " Even Jesus hates Creed. Those T-Shirts even say so. He hates them because they suck and think they're all that."

Bill - "I think Creed's awesome. I got to go to one of their shows on the Human Clay tour, and it was a-MAAAAAZE-ing!"
Ok, so that one really doesn't prove my point, but it's a good quote.

Jordan - "Creed really doesn't have any 'dance' music."

Alan - "I don't really know why other people don't like them, but their music really doesn't hit me. At least not as much as it hits you."

Chadwick - "Haha. You like Creed. That's so gay. *Clears throat.* Anyway, *makes a weird face and shrugs shoulders.* Maybe it's because Weezer rules. It's OK that you like them. Their stuff just don't get to me. I like stuff like Weezer. Weezer rules. Did I already say that? That type of thingy ain't my style. Weezer rules."

Ty - "I only seem to like really hard, older stuff like Zeplin and Metallica, and stuff people classify as "weird" like poppy sounding jazz, and Celtic type stuff."
Me - "Yeah. You're weird."

Travis - "I really don't know anything about them, but can identify some of their songs when I hear them. With Arms Wide Open is OK, but I like Country music."

Michelle - "Stop thinking everyone hates Creed. I don't really like them much, I guess, but some of their stuff is tolerable. I'm just not to into that type of thing right now. I don't like a lot of rock."

Stephanie - "It's cool you still like Creed after all those shows you had tickets for that they cancelled on you. I'd hate them for that."
Me - "Are you going to answer my question now?"
Steph - "What question?"
Me - "Why do people (or why do you) hate Creed?"
Steph - "Oh. I don't know."
Me - "Care to elaborate?"
Steph - "No."
Me - "OK then."

Chadwick - "Weezer rules."
Me - "Go away Wick. You know I like Weezer."
Chadwick - "I know. Weezer rules."
Me - "OK Wick."

So, that's what I've gotten so far. It seems as though most people hate or dislike Creed because they either don't like that kind of music, or the music doesn't effect them in a positive or negative way. Except for Burke, who is just extremely difficult to talk to about anything in an understandable manner. He's an honor student, so come up with your own reason.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-27-2003, 01:35 AM   #2
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
That's the thing...they might not like the music...but that doesn't justify hating the people in Creed - no one except for Creed's friends and families know what they are like. How can people, who are not even fans of Creed's music make such an uninformed judgement?
Just my 2 cents.

Nonetheless, good post H-D.
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
Lechium
USER INFO »
Re: Reasons why people hate Creed...

Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
<b>
Pretty much everyone: All their music sounds alike." My response: Of course there's similarities, All the songs are written by the same people, performed by the same people, and sung by the same guy. All bands have material that sounds alike."
</b>
Okay, you're wrong here. Just because it is same people doesnt mean that their music cant be diverse.
Look at Nine Inch Nails, Blur, Led Zepp, Tool and many others. Their songs vary a lot, as they jump from one style to other, experiment, and try to broadedn their music.
creed however sticks with same old formula. That is main thing I do not like about them. Good bands evolve. That's part of being a good band -- being able to take chances and experimenting.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:38 AM   #4
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Creed has evolved. If you ever listened to them, you would hear differences varying from My Own Prison to Human Clay, to Weathered. When your only a fan of one song of the band, your credibility of Creed always sounding the same is about as useful as what I did in the toilet earlier today. I'm not saying you don't hear any of their stuff, I don't know if you do or not. You need to fully listen to their albums with an open mind, listen to interviews from past and present. They have changed, and I for one, expect new stuff on their next album.

H-D

Old 05-27-2003, 03:47 AM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Creed has evolved. If you ever listened to them, you would hear differences varying from My Own Prison to Human Clay, to Weathered. When your only a fan of one song of the band, your credibility of Creed always sounding the same is about as useful as what I did in the toilet earlier today. I'm not saying you don't hear any of their stuff, I don't know if you do or not. You need to fully listen to their albums with an open mind, listen to interviews from past and present. They have changed, and I for one, expect new stuff on their next album.

H-D

I listened to all 3 albums, and I did notice a slight change however.

a) album-to-album changes are pretty small
B) withing an album all songs fall into 2 categories -- rockers and ballashish slower songs. Again -- there is some diversity within an album, but a minute one.

creed never pushes the envelope. For example new Blur album I got... There are accusic songs, there are electronica base songs, there is a 1 minute long fiernce punk anthem, there are rock songs with elements of techno or jazz, lazy chillax songs, straighforward rock song, funny song, mellower songs... everything you can think of and than some. Yet it all manages to have one style that glues it all togeather, so it doesnt sound like a jigsaw of different music styles.
weathered, however is a very formula based rock album, and a long epic song doesnt save it, as there are oh so many rock albums with an epic track on them.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:15 AM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Jordan - "Creed really doesn't have any 'dance' music."

LMAO!! That is one of the funniest!!

And Leech, CREED is not BLUR. You seem to like comparing everything to BLUR. No one is taking anything you say seriously anymore because you are a non-fan posting on a fan bb. You seem to have to compare every single thing to bands that YOU like when you've said for yourself it's all a matter of opinion. Well this is OUR opinion, that is YOURS and never the twain shall meet.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:54 AM   #7
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Go Teri!
Good researching, H-D! I'm glad you decided to poll ppl about this issue. It provides a lot of insight, although a lot of the responses you got were things I'd already heard from ppl I know.

One of my friends said she likes them b/c they're Christian.
One of my other friends said she doesn't like them b/c the lead singer seems to be an arrogant asshole.

Go figure.

Sid
Old 05-27-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Re: Re: Reasons why people hate Creed...

Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Okay, you're wrong here. Just because it is same people doesnt mean that their music cant be diverse.
Look at Nine Inch Nails, Blur, Led Zepp, Tool and many others. Their songs vary a lot, as they jump from one style to other, experiment, and try to broadedn their music.
creed however sticks with same old formula. That is main thing I do not like about them. Good bands evolve. That's part of being a good band -- being able to take chances and experimenting.
Ya, and that is your opinion

Good post Higher Desire
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
There ARE NO reasons for hatin' Creed! Higher_Desire....Why do you have that pic? I just whonder...It's SOOOO American!!! Here in EU EVERYONE is tierd of all american stuff. I understand if you're not, but your EVERYWHERE!!! Sour I like U.S. as a contry, but I don't like Bush and I don't like that you're everywhere you'll go....Ahh...Whatever....

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 05-27-2003, 03:31 PM   #10
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
There ARE NO reasons for hatin' Creed! Higher_Desire....Why do you have that pic? I just whonder...It's SOOOO American!!! Here in EU EVERYONE is tierd of all american stuff. I understand if you're not, but your EVERYWHERE!!! Sour I like U.S. as a contry, but I don't like Bush and I don't like that you're everywhere you'll go....Ahh...Whatever....
Huh
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 05-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Ahh, I just don't like U.S....I have ABSOLUTLY no problem with the ppl who lives there. You're just normal ppl, and some of you very nice. For exampel: Redeem. I have no problem with you but with "We live in the best contry in the whol world stuff". 'Cause it's just billshit, but not a bad word about you who lives in the cuntry. And I don't like your president Bush. Bushshit!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 05-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Well I happen to like my country
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 05-27-2003, 04:17 PM   #13
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM

I agree that there are no reasons to hate Creed, at least, there are no GOOD reasons to hate Creed.
NOTE TO LECHIUM: Before you say it... Shut up. Don't try to come up with a bunch of reasons to post here.
But I do disagree with you on you Anti-Americanism. "Everyone" in Europe may be sick of seeing American stuff, but I'm not, and people in America aren't. I don't care if everyone else is sick of seeing Americanism, I don't care if you hate Bush, I don't care what you think of my patriotism. I LOVE THE USA! Personally speaking, we don't need to show everyone else in the world our pride and the red, white and blue, but here in the USA, it is what we want to see. Everyone thinks their country is the best, so if you don't want to see other people's pride in their country, just ignore it. There is nothing you can do to change mine or any other real Amerian's patriotism.

<i>"We’re the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining."</i>
-Pres. George W. Bush

H-D

Old 05-27-2003, 04:22 PM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I love our country to Colin:P I also respect Bush because he is a christianand he isn't ashamed to talk about God and prayu when tough situations come up
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 05-27-2003, 04:28 PM   #15
JenRN
USER INFO »
This may sound real bitter, but you know what, WHO THE HELL CARES IF OTHERS DON"T LIKE CREED???? You know I love them, I know millions of others do too, so what some people will ALWAYS find something to bash them about! Like I said before "opinions are like assholes....... everyone has one"! I have learned to quite frankly let things roll off my back as far as this is concerned, unless people make unjust and unfair remarks I refuse to let it bother me anymore!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"