++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #91
TremontiPRS17
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If you notice in the song "Weathered" He says he is conceited and he needs help to control it...I find that oretty cool!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #92
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TremontiPRS17
<b>If you notice in the song "Weathered" He says he is conceited and he needs help to control it...I find that oretty cool! </b>

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-24-2003, 12:08 AM   #93
jango
USER INFO »
we all love this guy here eh?

Heh...
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 06-24-2003, 04:50 AM   #94
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I'm confused too, what the hell did you mean?
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-25-2003, 08:22 PM   #95
TremontiPRS17
USER INFO »
Ok in the damn song he Says "Im Colloused to the bone" (or how ever you spell "colloused".........anyway that means concieted and hard headed.......thats what I get from him...He realizes he is like that and he needs help. I am in a band and we are pretty well known locally and even at that level its easy to get a little egotistical
Old 06-25-2003, 08:26 PM   #96
JenRN
USER INFO »
<b>Ok in the damn song he Says "Im Colloused to the bone" (or how ever you spell "colloused".........anyway that means concieted and hard headed.......thats what I get from him...He realizes he is like that and he needs help. &nbsp;I am in a band and we are pretty well known locally and even at that level its easy to get a little egotistical </b>

Hmmmm.... I guess I just don't take it that way! I take that as he is "hardened" to things, not conceited!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 PM   #97
Sheila63
USER INFO »
That's how I've always interpreted that part of the song too, Jen.

Relearn Love
Old 06-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #98
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I don't think it means concieted at all....besides, in the chorus he's saying he's "barely holding together.." I think he's talking about how the fame and all that goes with it has been really hard to deal with. "Callous to the bone", I think refers to his additude towards the media/press/critics.. he's had to "harden" himself as Jen said to all the negative stuff that gets written about them.
They said they wrote this song just after they finished touring (the Human Clay tour). They were all really exhausted and their fame was never stronger than at that point. It was all just kind of overwhelming.
Just my opinion...
Linda
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 06-30-2003, 11:14 PM   #99
jango
USER INFO »
cal·lous adj.
Having calluses; toughened: callous skin on the elbow.
Emotionally hardened; unfeeling: a callous indifference to the suffering of others.

cal·loused, cal·lous·ing, cal·lous·es
To make or become callous.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #100
JenRN
USER INFO »
Ummm....... yep, that is what I said!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #101
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: JenRN Ummm....... yep, that is what I said!

I thought it sounded familiar:P
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 07-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #102
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That makes much more sense, then conceited. LOL, it goes a little better with the rest of the song, too.
"My skin peels and it just won't heal"
Old 07-03-2003, 08:06 PM   #103
njcreedite
USER INFO »
from interview 8/23/03

STAPP: It's definitely changed us. I mean, come on, we'd be lying if we said it hasn't. It's completely changed our life. My concerns, the things I get upset about, are not the same things I would get upset about seven or eight years ago. Has it changed my character, the kind of person I am, the way I treat people? No. And the band for me specifically can validate this. I'm the same exact way back then that I am now. I think it's changed them more than it's changed me--and let me clarify that: They're more confident, they're more secure, and they speak their opinions more. I'm so glad that now I'm not going, "OK, I want to do it this way and they're like. [head nodding], 'OK.'" I need feedback, something, you know? And now it's even more of a band than it was before. But from a character standpoint, we've never let any of this sink in, because if you let any of this sink in, I don't think your brain can handle it, and I think that's when you go off of the deep end. So it's all kind of a big joke. We mean the music, but just all of the peripherals and that extra stuff, it's not real, and you just gotta look at it that way.

See, he says he's always treated people the way he does now....
The entire interview may be found at..
http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/interviews....rtistID=1030760

cool site...
Old 07-03-2003, 08:36 PM   #104
JenRN
USER INFO »
Thanks Linda!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-03-2003, 08:38 PM   #105
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Quote: JenRN Thanks Linda!

Your welcome Jen! I thought it was a really interesting interview....and rather insiteful.