++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-16-2003, 11:32 PM   #76
TremontiPRS17
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
WHY PEOPLE HATE CREED

I think the people that hate creed hate them because they are too ***^&^&ing ignorant and simple minded to understand Stapp's lyrics .........And along with that.......there favorite bands guitarists cant play anywhere near Mark! HE IS UNBELEIVABLE:P
THANKS ...........
Old 06-17-2003, 07:38 PM   #77
jango
USER INFO »
Re: WHY PEOPLE HATE CREED

Quote: Originally posted by TremontiPRS17
they are too ***^&^&ing ignorant

there favorite bands guitarists cant play anywhere near Mark!

Hmm, I'm gonna leave that one alone.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 06-17-2003, 09:52 PM   #78
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have to agree with Jango on this one. There are MANY MANY other bands' guitarists that play equally if not better than Mark. Not saying Mark isn't awesome but he's not the only one who is.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #79
JenRN
USER INFO »
He is not just awesome he is damn gorgeous AND awesome!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #80
TremontiPRS17
USER INFO »
Well half of my friends hate Creed......well actually the town i live in is more rap and pop ........My town is like Anti hard rock and it sucks therefore it makes me angry to the point I say stuff like that. I always get "Scott Stapp is egotistical" Here is how i see it.....He can fill and backup his ego....Am i right or wrong? If you have a reason to be conceded then....hey go on.......
Old 06-18-2003, 08:41 PM   #81
JenRN
USER INFO »
I think there is a fine line between arrogance and sureness. I think most people think he has stepped over that line. I myself think he is a little arrogant but I also think the fame is "getting to him" I mean really it is not all it's cracked up to be. Most women find him attractive and passionate, most men find him arrogant and a jerk. No one REALLY know him except his family and friends. I just go by his actions for others and his lyrics, his lyrics is what attracts me to him the most, he is intense! I look at it this way everyone has a choice if you don't like them then so be it go on to something else, it is not nessesary to bash them!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-19-2003, 07:08 PM   #82
TremontiPRS17
USER INFO »
How can you say he cant fill his shoes........but then you say he has kick ass lyrics........He has a right be conceded or "sincere" about himself because people like you say that about his lyrics.
I am not being a smart ass just trying to state a point....we all love this guy here eh?
Old 06-19-2003, 07:14 PM   #83
JenRN
USER INFO »
<b>How can you say he cant fill his shoes........but then you say he has kick ass lyrics........He has a right be conceded or "sincere" about himself because people like you say that about his lyrics.
I am not being a smart ass just trying to state a point....we all love this guy here eh? </b>

Ummm what? Did I say he can't fill his shoes? I never said he has the right to be conceited either? I am just saying that some people handle fame well and some don't! I don't know about you but to have to fill everyone's expectations is probably not so easy now is it?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #84
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Scott Stapp....as front man for Creed....he gets the love and hate. Yes, I think he's a little arrogant. He's a 29 year old rock star millionaire. He writes and sings incredible songs and on and on...but yes, I think he's a little arrogant. You can admire someones work and still find them less than perfect. After all, who is perfect?? I think the ego and arrogant titles come from his behavior towards people. He's not as accessable as the other members of Creed. Rarely is Scott seen at the meet and greets and other fan related functions. He's been known to simply blow off fans.
Okay, that said...he's also the one who gets the brunt of the criticism, deserved or not. He's the one with the stalkers, the threats, the bad press. He also has the back problems and is the one who does the most "entertaining" during a show. He runs around, headbangs, struts, dances...etc... So, after all this motion...he needs to take care of his back and neck. I have similar problems...I wouldn't be able to move the next day if I did
what he did on stage, and then didn't stretch out afterwards..including heat packs, ice etc... This takes time, which may explain why he misses some of those meet and greets.
Yes, I know...I've covered both sides of the argument. So which is it? Is Scott arrogant or not?? Yes. I think he is and I think he needs to watch that it doesn't get the better of him. I also think we can give him a break. He's got a lot more on his plate than most.
Now you know why I don't often reply to these types of posts...I tend to rant and rave and go on and on and make little sense and on and on and rant......
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 06-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #85
JenRN
USER INFO »
Linda your post made TOTAL sense, don't consider it rambling at all!!!! I happen to agree with you in all aspects there! I love Stapp I REALLY DO, but yeah I think he has a little bit of a difficult time handling all the fame and status. Hey life as he knew it is over and you know some handle it well and some don't! I think he gets a lot of bad press from a lot of people. He is an easy target for those who are more insecure to poke at! Yeah I agree he needs to be more fan friendly for sure, it would help matters a whole lot! But you know who are we to judge him anyways? You are right no one is perfect including him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #86
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Thanks Jen... I never understood when people would say
" I want to be rich and famous"...Rich yes, but famous??? No Way! The poor guy can't even take his son to McDonalds for a Finding Nemo happy meal. What about an impromptu trip to the zoo or a park? Can't do it. I'd hate that. It must be really hard to find someone nice to date too. Do they like him because of who he is or because of WHO he is?? That makes things much
more complicated.
You can say...he knew what he was getting into.....but really, how could he?? How many Rock Band members get to be that famous? Yes, he's not as famous as Tom Cruise etc...but for a band member...a Rock not Pop band member....he's awfully well known. As you said Jen...some handle it better than other. I don't know how well I'd handle it....probably not well at all. I'm rather private...I'd hate to have millions of people knowing all about me...especially since much would probably be untrue.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 06-19-2003, 08:22 PM   #87
JenRN
USER INFO »
Linda your points are right on! Hey take a good look at how people talked about him when he was on his meds for his back injury and his voice, a steriod that made his face puffy. People over analyzed it to the extreme and said he is "getting fat". I know how that sucks I have been there and done that! And that was his face can you imagine having your entire life under a damn microscope It would really suck! You are right I am sure he really loves his status and wealth, but deep down inside when he lays in bed at night does he wish it never happened? We will never know and I am sure he is grateful for everything he has, he has worked damn hard for it all! I as well think he is arrogant at times, but after 24/7 with a damn body guard on your ass for every move would suck, no matter how many women you have falling at your feet, or the many planes and items you can buy it has to all get to you after awhile!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #88
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I totally agree with the two of you. Most of the time being famous has got to be a major pain! It makes me sad to think about how much of a sacrifice it is to be in his position and yet to have such wonderful gifts to share with the world.

Relearn Love
Old 06-19-2003, 08:55 PM   #89
njcreedite
USER INFO »
EW I forgot about the whole bodyguard thing. That would get old really fast (no matter how nice the bodyguard was to hang with )... Nope....no fame for me. At least I hope not. I wouldn't mind the rich part though .
Old 06-20-2003, 05:14 AM   #90
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
(Well yeah, who wouldn't)

I would hate being famous too, it would make you feel kinda trapped.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006