++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #136
johellion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) Tremonti and Co. end Scott's career??!?! Are you insane? They wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for him.

I am biting my tongue!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #137
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.

OH LORD......I am biting my tounge again!!!hush Jo hush Jo
Old 11-10-2005, 08:37 AM   #138
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't think the fact that it leaked so soon will make much of a difference. I mean, most of the people who have gotten a hold of it so far are going to buy it anyway because most of them are Stapp fans. If someone likes an album, chances are they will buy it. I think the leak could help more than it harms. What'll make or break the CD's success is the promotion, imo. If he gets good promotion, good airplay and makes some appearances(on various morning/late night shows) then it'll sell well.

Your sense of integrity is not most peoples' sense of integrity. If people don't have to spend money on the album because they have it sitting on their computer, they won't buy it.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #139
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Your sense of integrity is not most peoples' sense of integrity. If people don't have to spend money on the album because they have it sitting on their computer, they won't buy it.
exactly.

If I had the money, I'd buy all the albums that are on my puter. But since I don't, I buy only the ones I really like. It doesn't mean I won't buy the others, but I'm just postponing it.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #140
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) OH LORD......I am biting my tounge again!!!hush Jo hush Jo
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) I am biting my tongue!!!!!
Yeah, at least I believe you... (This is Brian's aunt, don't disrespect her guys, she knows the truth as no one of us knows it!)

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-10-2005, 11:05 AM   #141
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Your sense of integrity is not most peoples' sense of integrity. If people don't have to spend money on the album because they have it sitting on their computer, they won't buy it.

I disagree. The leaked copy isn't album quality, imo. And most people, imo, want album quality. Thus, they'll buy the CD for that reason if they really like it. Additionally, not everyone who has a PC has a CD burner installed. What happens if they want to take the CD on the road with them? They'll have to buy the real thing.

Secondly, most people who have DLed this are diehard Stapp fans. So of course they will want to support his solo efforts.

I never said everyone is like this, that everyone who likes the CD will buy it. But I think the vast majority of those who like it will buy it, if for no other reason than to get the album artwork and case, as well as the quality. That is why I do not think it will have that much of an impact on sales.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #142
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Just a note: I think the average computer user who downloads music DOES NOT know the quality difference between 192kbps MP3 files and CD-Quality sound.

And no, most people who downloaded the file are probably not "diehard" Stapp fans, but rather casual modern rock fans. If you look at the torrent sites, when new torrents are released, lots of people simply grab them to sample whatever has been recently released. It's just that all the "diehards" who obtained it are talking about it on the forums.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #143
titan9
USER INFO »
True, not everyone does, but I think that a lot do. It's pretty easy to tell, particularly when you are blaring it on a CD player in your car. For instance, my bro had someone burn him a copy of the new Coldplay CD. He played it in his car, and it sounded awful compared to the real thing. I believe the bitrate of his copy was around 192 kbps.

Second, I still think that a lot of people who DL this album, in particular, are either Creed fans or Stapp fans. Let's face it: a lot of those outside this demographic are Stapp or Creed haters. The mainstream HATED Creed, and that hatred is apparent on music forums outside of here. Why would a bunch of these people DL an album by an artist they disdain? It'd be like me DLing a new Usher CD. Doesn't make any sense. But I do agree, there are probably quite a few who are DLing this simply because they are open to Stapp/Creed and are curious. Still, I think the Creed/Stapp fans outnumber those people greatly. That's just my opinion, though. I'm definitely looking forward to the week after the 22nd, to see how well the CD sells. I still have a good feeling about it, and don't believe that the leak will have a huge impact on the sales.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #144
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) his cd will be huge.

then how will i be able to fit it into my cd player? it won't be huge, it'll be the same size as all other cds....LOL
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #145
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
but if so many people hated creed who the hell bought all the cd's? ya know?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #146
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) but if so many people hated creed who the hell bought all the cd's? ya know?
30 million people worldwide bought it.
5.97 billion didn't.

Face it, we're the minority.

lol!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #147
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) True, not everyone does, but I think that a lot do. It's pretty easy to tell, particularly when you are blaring it on a CD player in your car. For instance, my bro had someone burn him a copy of the new Coldplay CD. He played it in his car, and it sounded awful compared to the real thing. I believe the bitrate of his copy was around 192 kbps.
I think it's pretty easy to tell, as well, but I think Steve is right in that a lot of people don't notice a big difference. The leaked version of NIN's With_Teeth sounded like complete crap on my car stereo. I bought the real one, which I was going to do anyway. I just wanted to hear it as soon as I could . I typically buy most of what I download. I use downloading as a shopping tool. I always prefer album quality over computer versions. Now, when they figure out a way to compress an album into a reasonable file-size at album quality sound, then it might be different .
I still always want liner notes and artwork, and even if that's downloadable, too, you need decent quality paper.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #148
titan9
USER INFO »
Same here, Dogstar. I have bought pretty much every album I have DLed. I use DLing as a shopping tool. Why pay for something you are unsure you'll like?

I burnt myself a copy of the Great Divide and played it in my car. Despite the bitrate being 320 kbps(I converted the DLed files to that) it still did not sound good in the car. Even if it sounded excellent, I'd still buy the album because I am a loyal fan. This is pretty much why I think the fact that it leaked won't really affect the album sales.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge Of Clay) 30 million people worldwide bought it.
5.97 billion didn't.

lol!

Never did being in the minority feel so good, though.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #149
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) 30 million people worldwide bought it.
5.97 billion didn't.

lol!
Marcos, you crack me up.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #150
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
I burnt myself a copy of the Great Divide and played it in my car. Despite the bitrate being 320 kbps(I converted the DLed files to that) it still did not sound good in the car.

even though you converted to 320, the loss in quality and information has already taken place, unless you converted from the original wma files or flac, shn etc..so it would still sound shitty. if you took an mp3 from 64kbps and converted it up to 320kbps it wouldn't increase in sound quality as the loss has already taken place...does that make sense? once it's lost, you can't get it back from that specific file.