++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #136
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: He wasn't doing anything mean-spirited. He was probably just trying to lighten the mood a little.

i didn't say it was "mean-spirited"...in fact that thought never even crossed my mind...and as for "lightening" the mood?...anything is possible...i only stated an observation...and if that was all he was doing...more power to him...i'm not in his head, and i wouldn't claim to say i knew what/why he has done it.

observations from other places i've read, altho, do lead to what i have posted...want to stop a discussion without closing the thread...you change the subject...get it as far away from the origional post as possible until people loose interest and let it fall...seen it done on other bb's...and despite what Tremontana thinks, it IS a "tactic"..it's a type of thread hijack, plain and simple.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #137
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) actually, "D"...you've missed the whole point...has nothing to do with hero worship, rose colored glasses, or pedistles...but it has everything to do with RESPECTING the opinions of others...and just leaving it at that...period.

I like how you put my name in quotes. Is that supposed to be insulting or some kind of half-assed attempt at being friendly? Yeah, and you're so damn respectful of other people, what with your cleverly disguised arrogance and preaching.

You can deny the rose colored glasses/pedistle/worship thing all you want but it's pretty clear you like Stapp on his high hose.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) I've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody else who they should and shouldn't like...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL those that feel that AB can do no wrong, that they are looking at them with "rose colored glasses"...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody to quit posting because their opinions differ from the majority...beginning to get my drift there, "D" ?

Again with the "D" thing.

Let's just stop assuming that most Alter Bridge fans loathe Stapp, okay? We're disgruntled Stapp fans who are dying for just a taste of his solo stuff. We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.) and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

The few AB fans here are not scolding you and other Stapp fans for still loving the guy and his voice. We just get frustrated when you refuse to acknowledge the severe lack of dedication he's been showing to his fans since the disastrous Chicago concert. And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) I do however remember this being the attitude of the "Creed Bashers" from a while back...they were the ones that were always talking/telling people about how wrong it was to support Creed, or to support stapp...

I don't see any of those people here. I don't see anybody here saying not to support Creed or Stapp because they suck. Did anybody here say Stapp sucks? I don't recall saying that. Some of us are just saying he has a bad habit of hinting at things and then not delivering.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) and look at them now...guess WHO a big chunk of those AB fans are? Yep...those "trolls" from creednet days that really didn't like Creed because of stapp...but now they sing the praises of "A"nother "B"and...well, good for them...but i wonder if anyone sees the irony in this?

*cough, sputter* What? Do you honestly think that a lot of the Alter Bridge fans here are former trolls? Seriously? Because I only see the longtime members of this board supporting Alter Bridge, like Dogstar, Fluttergirl, Teri, and Marcos. I don't see any noobs who joined here recently to support AB and bash Stapp. Please, name them for me if I'm missing them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) of course just another "observation" to think about...

Yeah right, another observation. I'll uh take it under advisement.

Last edited by Agent D : 03-13-2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-13-2005, 07:26 PM   #138
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I like how you put my name in quotes. Is that supposed to be insulting or some kind of half-assed attempt at being friendly? Yeah, and you're so damn respectful of other people, what with your cleverly disguised arrogance and preaching.

You can deny the rose colored glasses/pedistle/worship thing all you want but it's pretty clear you like Stapp on his high hose.

Again with the "D" thing.

Let's just stop assuming that most Alter Bridge fans loathe Stapp, okay? We're disgruntled Stapp fans who are dying for just a taste of his solo stuff. We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.) and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

The few AB fans here are not scolding you and other Stapp fans for still loving the guy and his voice. We just get frustrated when you refuse to acknowledge the severe lack of dedication he's been showing to his fans since the disastrous Chicago concert. And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

I don't see any of those people here. I don't see anybody here saying not to support Creed or Stapp because they suck. Did anybody here say Stapp sucks? I don't recall saying that. Some of us are just saying he has a bad habit of hinting at things and then not delivering.

*cough, sputter* What? Do you honestly think that a lot of the Alter Bridge fans here are former trolls? Seriously? Because I only see the longtime members of this board supporting Alter Bridge, like Dogstar, Fluttergirl, Teri, and Marcos. I don't see any noobs who joined here recently to support AB and bash Stapp. Please, name them for me if I'm missing them.

Yeah right, another observation. I'll uh take it under advisement.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #139
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
thank you for your reply, "D"...and btw...just the way i happend to post it, nothing more...sorry you took offense.

Quote: And whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not play freaking Jagger card. Every Stapp fan always uses his child as an excuse. Just stop. I know plenty of parents who manage to get work done while being a single parent.

reguarding the above quote...why would you even bring that up? A child is NEVER an excuse for anything...and as a parent, myself, i believe you have stepped over the line by even making such a suggestion towards me.

Again, STAPP HAS NOT OFFERED ANY EXCUSES/REASONS FOR THE DELAY...it is the fans that choose to speculate about the why's and reasons. You're right...single parents get work done...and i'm sure that stapp is doing the best that he can do as well...i've read no evidence to the contrary.

Quote: We're drowning here, dying for some music (The guy has written one song in three years. Wow.)

he has released one song in three years..but i will say none of us know how many he has truely written. But, i'm sure we will find out when everything is said and done and the album is released.

Quote: and you're taunting us with your unwavering faith in him. If you want to be that way, then fine, but don't begrudge other people of their right to be pissed off that Scott hasn't done his album yet.

well, i won't apologize for how i feel...because that's just me...and if you feel that my beliefs are a form of taunting, well, sounds like a personal problem to me...as far as begrudging people "their right to be pissed off" because they haven't gotten an album yet...got no problem with that either, again, that's yours and others choices...wanna be pissed...go for it...but don't take it out on those of us that aren't.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #140
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) i didn't say it was "mean-spirited"...in fact that thought never even crossed my mind...and as for "lightening" the mood?...anything is possible...i only stated an observation...and if that was all he was doing...more power to him...i'm not in his head, and i wouldn't claim to say i knew what/why he has done it.

observations from other places i've read, altho, do lead to what i have posted...want to stop a discussion without closing the thread...you change the subject...get it as far away from the origional post as possible until people loose interest and let it fall...seen it done on other bb's...and despite what Tremontana thinks, it IS a "tactic"..it's a type of thread hijack, plain and simple.

oh yeah i'm using "tactics" to "hijack" the thread and make it fade into obscurity.

anyone who's posted on Creed Feed awhile knows that i post random stuff to try to give people a laugh and "lighten the mood" as Dogstar said. Hell, I'm one of Stapp's biggest fans. I think you're over-reacting a little bit.

maybe you're just mad because i didn't ask what kind of sandwich you wanted
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #141
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 03-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #142
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) thank you for your reply, "D"...and btw...just the way i happend to post it, nothing more...sorry you took offense.

If you're sorry I took offense, why are you doing it again?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) reguarding the above quote...why would you even bring that up? A child is NEVER an excuse for anything...and as a parent, myself, i believe you have stepped over the line by even making such a suggestion towards me.

Sorry if I crossed any line, but a lot of Stapp fans constantly use Jagger as an excuse for Stapp. I'll admit I don't know specifically who's done it so maybe you're not guilty of it. I was just trying to stay one step ahead of your argument.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Again, STAPP HAS NOT OFFERED ANY EXCUSES/REASONS FOR THE DELAY...it is the fans that choose to speculate about the why's and reasons. You're right...single parents get work done...and i'm sure that stapp is doing the best that he can do as well...i've read no evidence to the contrary.

Okay, so he's somehow doing a great job because he's keeping his fans in the dark? He damn well knows he has a site. I'm sure he's capable of telling someone to leave us a note on there. That's what the damn thing is for.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) he has released one song in three years..but i will say none of us know how many he has truely written. But, i'm sure we will find out when everything is said and done and the album is released.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not psychic like some of the Stapp supporters around here. I actually need the music to be released in the CD format for me to enjoy it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) well, i won't apologize for how i feel...because that's just me...and if you feel that my beliefs are a form of taunting, well, sounds like a personal problem to me...as far as begrudging people "their right to be pissed off" because they haven't gotten an album yet...got no problem with that either, again, that's yours and others choices...wanna be pissed...go for it...but don't take it out on those of us that aren't.

I'm not taking anything out on anyone but your constant displays of "faith" in Scott get really irritating sometimes. I'm sure you don't intend it that way but it happens.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar)

Glad you liked it, Kerri.

Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) maybe you're just mad because i didn't ask what kind of sandwich you wanted

that's great

Last edited by Agent D : 03-13-2005 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #143
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) thank you for your reply, "D"...and btw...just the way i happend to post it, nothing more...sorry you took offense.

reguarding the above quote...why would you even bring that up? A child is NEVER an excuse for anything...and as a parent, myself, i believe you have stepped over the line by even making such a suggestion towards me.

Again, STAPP HAS NOT OFFERED ANY EXCUSES/REASONS FOR THE DELAY...it is the fans that choose to speculate about the why's and reasons. You're right...single parents get work done...and i'm sure that stapp is doing the best that he can do as well...i've read no evidence to the contrary.

he has released one song in three years..but i will say none of us know how many he has truely written. But, i'm sure we will find out when everything is said and done and the album is released.

well, i won't apologize for how i feel...because that's just me...and if you feel that my beliefs are a form of taunting, well, sounds like a personal problem to me...as far as begrudging people "their right to be pissed off" because they haven't gotten an album yet...got no problem with that either, again, that's yours and others choices...wanna be pissed...go for it...but don't take it out on those of us that aren't.
How is he not suppossed to take offense, when you continue to taunt him?
he made it obvious that the "d" bothered him, yet, you deemed his irritation unworthy of consideration by doing it again. we ALL know wether or not you are older than us, and we are ALL also well aware that you are a parent. That has nothing to do with wether or not you are right or wrong. and we all also know that you wont apologize for how you feel, but we also know that you simply cannot tolerate other peoples opinions, which you scream and yell about constantly. the second someone disagrees with you, YOU are the one to take it to a as you said 'highschool' level, and to patronize them to the point where many people, myself included, simply dont want to post their opinions. why?
because we're tired of fighting with you. you simply CANNOT have a conversation with the majority of this board with out belittling them, or angering them. i can honestly say, i have stayed out of many threads for the last two months, soley because i didnt want to be tempted to post, and then have to try and defend myself against you.

other trivial stuff- im sure AB has written far more than 11 songs. in fact, i bet they either have enough for an entire nother CD, or will so , by the time Stapp has even released information about another song.
and what does it say about Stapp, that he has not offered any reasons?
does he not care about his fans at all?
does he not want to keep them?
or dare i say it, does he expect a little too much, uh 'faith' from his fans?
as befit, well, a rock star, of course, what else?
im aware i havent posted in this thread yet, and this may seem a little odd, but ive read it, and oh, how i have wanted to say something...i hadnt, because i couldnt figure out a way to say something you would allow, so why try?
there it is my opinion.
lets see if you "allow" it....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller

Last edited by fluttergirl : 03-13-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #144
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Agent D: You fucking rock!!!! Everything, every SINGLE thing you said is DEAD ON!!!! I don't think anything's been better said on this entire thread. I salute you, brother!!

Danny:You hijacker, you. The Feds have been called in. Your only hope is to take this thread to Cuba and join up with Fidel.
No, seriously Danny, you do make me laugh my ass off and for that I have nothing but admiration for you. I didn't see it as 'AA' saw it. We who have known and loved you this long knew exactly what you were doing. And I, for one, am certainly glad you're here. (lmao = you didn't offer her a sandwich)

Fluttergirl:I totally understand your desire to remain silent where 'AA' is concerned, it is rather frustrating talking to a brick wall. You KNOW your opinions matter, so feel free to chime in whenever you see fit.

And finally, Ann. Ann, Ann, Ann. Wow, where to begin? I'm not going to reiterate what has already been said over the past 10 pages of this thread. But I can tell you that these 'high school tactics' have managed to make this thread light and relatively fun to come back to. But, alas, we can't have everything. And, once again, you've managed to bring the dark cloud that is your opinion back to the thread and start the debate back up. Yes, that's right, I said the dark cloud that is your opinion. Because that's pretty much what everyone here is feeling about your posts. It is really beyond me why you even come back here, or why you even bother to venture out of the Waxing Poetica forum. You KNOW you've only got a handful of people here who enjoy reading your unending hymns of praise for Stapp. And most of those people only come here when there is anything other than the lifting up of the Prophet Scott. Not really sure what it's going to take to make you see that you are so out of touch with what really is going on here. It's actually a waste of time to even TRY. So I'll just say, once again, that I'm not really sure how you can reach the keyboard to type, given where I've already said where your head is.

I can ask you this though. Is there anyway we could get you to please STOP being so patronizing and condescending in your posts? Really. That would be a breath of fresh air.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #145
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Agent D: You fucking rock!!!! Everything, every SINGLE thing you said is DEAD ON!!!! I don't think anything's been better said on this entire thread. I salute you, brother!!

Haha thanks. I'm just stating my opinion.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #146
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) other trivial stuff- im sure AB has written far more than 11 songs. in fact, i bet they either have enough for an entire nother CD, or will so , by the time Stapp has even released information about another song.

Mark had 30 songs written and completed by March of '04.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #147
johellion
USER INFO »
Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays....
Old 03-13-2005, 11:24 PM   #148
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Mark had 30 songs written and completed by March of '04.
i knew i heard it somewhere....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 03-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #149
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
LOL. This thread has gotten amusing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.

Just to appease our Stapp fans, this thread will remain open.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 AM   #150
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) actually, "D"...you've missed the whole point...has nothing to do with hero worship, rose colored glasses, or pedistles...but it has everything to do with RESPECTING the opinions of others...and just leaving it at that...period.

I've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody else who they should and shouldn't like...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL those that feel that AB can do no wrong, that they are looking at them with "rose colored glasses"...i've never read anyone that supports stapp TELL anybody to quit posting because their opinions differ from the majority...beginning to get my drift there, "D" ?

You need to get out more. A LOT more. To say no one admits AB will do any wrong is ridiculous, unimportant, irrelevant, and downright false.

But even if it WAS relevant, AB has a RECORD out for fans to enjoy. Stapp has... a song.

So the comparison is ridiculous.

But beyond that, you're incessant complaining is ludicrous. You complained about the thread, and now that the thread has STOPPED complaining about Stapp, you complain about it because it's about food! What on earth do you want?

Everyone here has respected your opinions, or at least, DID, although after your most recent two posts I'm not sure anymore. We were having an argument about Stapp. Big deal. It happens. People have arguments. So someone changes the subject to food and you blow a gasket? What on earth?

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 03-14-2005 at 08:27 AM.