++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #46
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ctfan...no problem with what you have said...in fact i find it worth a good laugh as well...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #47
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) as you suggested...discuss the music...not the musician, a lot of people could do well to remember that the next time they decide to "just speak their mind"...take care, sweetie...

I guess you should take your own advice then...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #48
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

LOL, that was funny, albeit a little nasty!

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 03-09-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #49
titan9
USER INFO »
It seems like every Stapp thread turns into a little argument or fight or a personal dig, lol.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #50
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) It seems like every Stapp thread turns into a little argument or fight or a personal dig, lol.
LOL! I wonder why... :rolleyes

funny how everytime it happens, the same 2 or 3 people cause the problems.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #51
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Excuse me, can anyone lend me a crowbar? I think it's going to take more than just brute force to pry Ann's head out of Stapp's ass. Sorry Ann, but I think you're really putting way too much faith in one person who doesn't seem as passionate about his own solo stuff as you do.

you're a real comedian, teri

you did however bring up the word FAITH...below see a couple of thoughts on the word...

To me faith means not worrying.
~John Dewey

Faith is a passionate intuition.
~William Wordsworth

Faith is courage; it is creative while despair is always destructive. ~David S. Muzzey

'nuff said...

And to you Marcos...there is really no "Trouble" it is only the perception of such because when it comes to discussing anything posted about stapp...passions always tend towards the negative....and whenever someone takes the positive side in stapps favor...well, then it becomes THEM who are starting the "trouble"....

'cause we all know that anybody that supports stapp's endeavours, and is willing to wait without complaining and doesn't feel he owes us anything but what HE wants to give MUST be looking at the situation through "rose colored" glasses......well, you, have the "glasses" part right, only i tend to lean more towards contact lenses these days...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #52
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) LOL! I wonder why... :rolleyes

funny how everytime it happens, the same 2 or 3 people cause the problems.

Yeah, I just wish that would stop.(the arguments) I'd like to see just one Stapp update thread without three or four extra pages of arguing/personal digs. That'd be nice for a change. I'd also love to see a thread that says "Stapp's official site has been updated with tons of stuff and the CD is gonna come out by June". Hey, wishful thinking, but a person can dream, can't they?

Old 03-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #53
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, I just wish that would stop.(the arguments) I'd like to see just one Stapp update thread without three or four extra pages of arguing/personal digs. That'd be nice for a change. I'd also love to see a thread that says "Stapp's official site has been updated with tons of stuff and the CD is gonna come out by June". Hey, wishful thinking, but a person can dream, can't they?
As far as I can see, that's the problem. There AREN'T any Stapp updates so the ones that keep pushing the date back start arguments!

But someone brought up the fact that Stapp doesn't owe us anything? Well, he did destroy Creed, I would think he owes the fans who bought all of their albums something.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #54
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) As far as I can see, that's the problem. There AREN'T any Stapp updates so the ones that keep pushing the date back start arguments!

But someone brought up the fact that Stapp doesn't owe us anything? Well, he did destroy Creed, I would think he owes the fans who bought all of their albums something.

I don't blame him completely for the breakup of Creed. I think each member played a role in it. But I do think he owes it to his fans, who have stuck by him, to release an awesome album.

Yeah, I agree, the updates are the problem. If we had some updates, we'd know a whole lot more about his solo stuff.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #55
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)

Grow up...it takes two to tango. And unless you have FACTS that stapp alone was the ONLY reason the band broke up...then share em'. NONE OF US know all the intimate details of what caused the break-up, or who is entirely to blame. As far as being owed something? WTF? What planet do you live on? Since when did buying a bands albums turn into those bands OWEING fans anything more? Is the music not enough for you?

Quote: Gotta go....nosebleed. It's that "being on a cross" thing again. High altitude an all. I'm hoping with those rose colored glasses I wear, no one will notice....LMAO.....

I thought that was you I saw up there CT lol How's the weather up there? If it's warm...I'd love to join ya...I'll bring my own supply of glasses...and the cross too...if necessary.

Mods slamming members of the board....not a surprise at all. This used to be a pretty cool board back when I first joined, it seemed that ALL opinions were welcome then..not anymore. Times sure do change. Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta)
Mods slamming members of the board....not a surprise at all. This used to be a pretty cool board back when I first joined, it seemed that ALL opinions were welcome then..not anymore. Times sure do change. Why....I bet next time I come back here in a week or so...this thread will be locked....just like all the others.
All opinions ARE allowed on this board, which is still pretty cool, if you ask me. Just because you don't agree with all of them doesn't mean this place isn't cool.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #57
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) As far as I can see, that's the problem. There AREN'T any Stapp updates so the ones that keep pushing the date back start arguments!

Are you sure? Only Stapp's fault? I have to say this time you're wrong! Creed wasn't only Scott Stapp. Did you get me?
Every guy had part on the Creed's breakup and by the way, this is not "whose fault is it ?" thread....
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #58
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, I just wish that would stop.(the arguments) I'd like to see just one Stapp update thread without three or four extra pages of arguing/personal digs. That'd be nice for a change. I'd also love to see a thread that says "Stapp's official site has been updated with tons of stuff and the CD is gonna come out by June". Hey, wishful thinking, but a person can dream, can't they?

All of those comments I made in my last reply here, you know...the ones about being on that cross, and the rose colored glasses?? Those were all personal digs made to me by the moderators on this board.

The moderators titan. Not the members, or people who troll...or people who come here just to get banned because it's fun.

And it's all because I can find something good in Stapp. It's because I still have a positive attitude, and it's because I do my best to understand. It's because I can still think that I found some performance he did great, or that I'm looking forward to his new cd. It's because I find some things he may do worthwhile. And it's because I think differently than most here. That's why the personal digs titan.

It will never stop, because it's not supposed to. It's never gonna make any difference how hard anyone tries...there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan)
there will ALWAYS be someone who has something to say.
Don't forget to include yourself among those someones.

And I take credit for the cross *digs* as you call them. You need to develop thicker skin if you think such a comment was an insult, dig or slam. You only seem to come here when a difference of opinion regarding the vaunted Scott Stapp appears. You don't seem to have much else to contribute to the board discussion. And I still think you enjoy martyrdom.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #60
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Are you sure? Only Stapp's fault? I have to say this time you're wrong! Creed wasn't only Scott Stapp. Did you get me?
Every guy had part on the Creed's breakup and by the way, this is not "whose fault is it ?" thread....

I am not trying to make it a "who's fault is it thread". I think it is rather obvious that Scott was the main reason Creed dissolved, but even if he wasn't, that doesn't change anything.

All the OTHER members of Creed are now in a band doing their best to come out with the best music possible, for their fans.

And yeah, Scott Stapp owes us some music, give me a break. These guys get paid ridiculous amounts of money to make MUSIC. They do NOTHING productive, in a technical sense. If every musician on the planet were to suddenly forget how to play, the world would go on just fine.

So when a guy lives off of his FANS' money (quite comfortably, also), the least he could do is GIVE THEM SOME DECENT MUSIC.