++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #46
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) At no time has Mark ever stated that he wrote 90% of the Creed lyrics. I'd guess that it was more like 20%. It totally depends on the song. Take Torn, for example. He wrote all of the lyrics in that song. Take With Arms Wide Open..... Mark wrote none of the lyrics. Take My Own Prison... Mark wrote the lyrics for the chorus(the part that he sings).

Also, I DO NOT "exaggerate" things to defend my brother. Anything I have ever posted is fact that can be corroborated by many sources.

Michael

Well I certainly was not saying that you have--only that if you did, it would make sense all together. But seeing as you are now saying that Mark did NOT write %90 of the lyrics everything makes sense.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:28 AM   #47
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
whooo caaarrrreeesss.

As long as mark makes godly music for me to listen to.

I am happy

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #48
Justify
USER INFO »
Re: Mark's "pieced together pawn shop band" Quote

I've read through this post and I can't believe all the people who are upset that Stapp is going to be playing Creed songs at his concerts. Many artists who have went solo play their old music. Would you expect to go to a Paul McCartney concert and not a hear a Beatles or Wings song? Would you expect Sting not sing some of his music from the Police? When Lennon was alive would you have expected him not to play "Lucy in the Sky". Most solo artist play their old stuff as well as their new. I don't see the big deal. We know it won't be the same as it would be if Mark were playing with him but I think he has the right to sing the ones he wrote. Just as Mark has the right to play the ones he wrote.

The Gone Blind guys should have never told Mark they wouldn't play Creed songs if they intended to... But I don't see a problem with them playing Creed songs with the lead singer of Creed.

Personally I don't care about the promises Scott and Mark made to each other about performing Creed songs. They probably broke many more promises because of the break up. The fact is that they don't answer to each other any more. Why would I care about a promise I made to someone who I no longer associate with?

I think both guys a great artists. Both guys have probably broken promises. Neither are perfect. I don't hold either on a pedistal.

Last edited by Justify : 02-21-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #49
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Mark had alot to do with the music and the melody. Creed was his life for nearly a decade. Maybe he doesn't like the idea of something he poured his heart and soul into being the subject of counterfeit. I don't even know who Scotts back up band is and I don't care because I think they are irrelevant. They can be switched with another band at Scotts whim as I believe his only allegiance is to himself. Scott can do whatever he wants but, relying on CREED so soon doesn't display much confidence in his solo effort.IMO

-Homer Simpson

Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #50
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Mark had alot to do with the music and the melody. Creed was his life for nearly a decade. Maybe he doesn't like the idea of something he poured his heart and soul into being the subject of counterfeit. I don't even know who Scotts back up band is and I don't care because I think they are irrelevant. They can be switched with another band at Scotts whim as I believe his only allegiance is to himself. Scott can do whatever he wants but, relying on CREED so soon doesn't display much confidence in his solo effort.IMO

You are correct in that Scott could lose his band and get another any time he wants. The only reason I mentioned them is because Scott's brother mentioned them in the story this thread was started from.

As far as Scott relying on Creed so soon... I really don't think that is the case. I think he is giving his fans what they want. I don't think he's worried about what Mark will think or what any of the other people who dislike him think. Why is Mark worried about it when he wants nothing to do with Creed anymore. He has his own band and is pretty much the leader of that band now. I don't know, I think if Mark had a singer who sounded similar to Scott he would be doing some Creed stuff as well. Just my opinion though. I don't have anything against either of them. I think they are both great artists.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #51
RMadd
USER INFO »

hopefully no one's gonna pitch a fit about having the verbal agreement... strictly speaking, such an agreement is not legally binding, so even if they're crappy friends, they have every right to (since, after all, Stapp's name is on the writing credits).

Old 02-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #52
Chase
USER INFO »

This is the point I've been making for a long time. All of these other artists play songs from their former bands... but when Stapp does it, the world is apparently coming to an end. Chris Cornell does it, Tom Morello and company, Scott Weiland, Jerry Cantrell, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Sting, and many others.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #53
nagpo
USER INFO »

i dont have a problem with stapp still singing them(but i do think he needs to drop the creed sound and develop his own origional sound now that he is on his solo career) but, i do have a problem with goneblind playing them.(mainly because goneblind sucks.....but i like the drummer). so i think its official, no creed reunion EVER!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:51 PM   #54
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

"why is Mark worried about it?" part of that music belongs to Mark and the rest of Creed as well. Mark, Scott P, Brian and Brett plyed a large part in CREED and maybe they don't want their music played by JUST anybody. I know Mr. Stapp is on the credits but, I just find it hard to believe he was the creative entity. If he were the sole creator wouldn't The Great Devide have been better? All I'm saying is maybe Mark doesn't want Creeds music played by a back up band.

-Homer Simpson

Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #55
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) [Mark Tremonti] He's the one who left Stapp and he doesn't have to ever associate himself with Stapp again. Stapp gave Mark all sorts of praise in all of the post Creed interviews I've seen him conduct.

Just a little tidbit of info: in the little TV Poker game Stapp filmed for the Spike TV network, he said he WAS Creed and he FIRED the other guys....

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #56
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I don't know, I think if Mark had a singer who sounded similar to Scott he would be doing some Creed stuff as well. Just my opinion though. I don't have anything against either of them. I think they are both great artists.

NO WAY!... Did he just say what I think he did? Mark doesn't want to play creed songs ever again... He's left that behind. If Mark wanted he could have gotten a singer similar to Stapp and if they wanted Myles could sing Creed songs... And I can only think of how great that would sound! The reson he's mad at Gone Blind is becouse they made the promis not to play Creed songs with Stapp. The reson he's mad at Stapp is becous when Mark told Stapp that "hey, the band's over, were moving on and will you please not play Creed songs" Stapp replied "Okey, yeah shur" (not what actually happened but it could have been that way. Mark says that Stapp agreed on not playing Creed songs and Stapp haven't said that's not true, so I'm asuming Stapp broke that promise knowing that Creed was over!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #57
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just a little tidbit of info: in the little TV Poker game Stapp filmed for the Spike TV network, he said he WAS Creed and he FIRED the other guys....
Yep, I distinctly remember that was ONE of the things Scott said clearly without slurring.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #58
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) NO WAY!... Did he just say what I think he did? Mark doesn't want to play creed songs ever again... He's left that behind. If Mark wanted he could have gotten a singer similar to Stapp and if they wanted Myles could sing Creed songs... And I can only think of how great that would sound! The reson he's mad at Gone Blind is becouse they made the promis not to play Creed songs with Stapp. The reson he's mad at Stapp is becous when Mark told Stapp that "hey, the band's over, were moving on and will you please not play Creed songs" Stapp replied "Okey, yeah shur" (not what actually happened but it could have been that way. Mark says that Stapp agreed on not playing Creed songs and Stapp haven't said that's not true, so I'm asuming Stapp broke that promise knowing that Creed was over!

If Mark doesn't want to play Creed songs ever again then he doesn't need to worry about Scott playing them. I don't think Stapp is a saint by any means. He probably did break the promise but If I was him I would play Creed songs too. What is wrong with him wanting people to associate him with Creed. If he wants to sell albums and sell himself that is the best thing he could do.

I think Stapp and Tremonti are both great at what they do. I just think this issue is a little petty. As I and others have stated what is the big deal about solo artists playing their previously released music?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #59
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

As far as being a "peiced together, pawn shop band".........
They sounded pretty good to me and everyone else in Atlanta that was at the show.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #60
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) If Mark doesn't want to play Creed songs ever again then he doesn't need to worry about Scott playing them. I don't think Stapp is a saint by any means. He probably did break the promise but If I was him I would play Creed songs too. What is wrong with him wanting people to associate him with Creed. If he wants to sell albums and sell himself that is the best thing he could do.

I think Stapp and Tremonti are both great at what they do. I just think this issue is a little petty. As I and others have stated what is the big deal about solo artists playing their previously released music?

The thing is he doesn't want to sell records based on AB being 3/4 of Creed, he want's to make it without Stapp in the background. The fact that Stapp playes Creed songs just makes it harder for people to forgett Creed an I belvie that is the main goal for Mark since he tried to stopp the best of CD to be realesed...

"If he wants to sell albums and sell himself that is the best thing he could do"
HE DOESN'T WANT TO SELL HIMSLEF... Francly who does? Don't you wish to make it in your way and a way you can be proud of?