++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2003, 12:13 AM   #46
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
don't let the bed bugs bite
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-08-2003, 12:13 AM   #47
franrn
USER INFO »
Please Matt send the letter curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Old 01-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #48
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
owwwww, busting out the rhymes
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-08-2003, 12:20 AM   #49
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
:lol:

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-08-2003, 12:24 AM   #50
franrn
USER INFO »
I always bust out the rhymes. I also like puns
Old 01-08-2003, 12:44 AM   #51
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Yeah I can tell

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-08-2003, 02:41 AM   #52
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm a little late on this, but I wrote to this bonehead, too. Here it is:

Quote: "#!@8 you! I'll say what I want to about Scott Stapp. He isn't dealing with his shit very well. Ask his Bass player and bandmates that were embarrassed on stage by him in Chicago. He needs the Lord more now than ever it would seem. Unless you are his lawyer, you also don't know what is really happening in his life so perhaps you should "shut the hell up". Traci Wilde

My, my, such a professional response. I'm sending a copy of your response to the station manager as well because I think your boss should know that this is not a proper way to endear yourself to listeners. While people are entitled to their opinions, and you're entitled to yours, expressing this in such a completely unprofessional manner is inexcusable. You should also keep in mind that the person to whom you responded is 15. How on earth did you get a job?
Regarding your inquiry about whether the writer knew what was going on in Scott Stapp's life, how the hell do you know? You should take your own advice and shut the hell up unless you were backstage and saw what happened.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #53
jennyd
USER INFO »
Traci Wilde

Hello, everyone. I'm not necessarily new to the board, but this is my first post. I'm from St. Lou and had to post a reply to this.

Dogstar, your email to this moron was brilliant. How on earth did she get a job?? St. Louis is a 'mid' market and doesn't necessarily attract and keep great TV or radio talent (often they come through St. Lou and if they're talented they move on). Traci is still here. Does that tell you anything?

KPNT, 105.7 The Point, is the only station in St. Louis (with a good signal) that plays alternative rock. I enjoy the music, but ALL of the DJ's on this station are less than desirable.

Traci's 'allure' (and I use that term loosely) is her ballsy attitude. She is supposed to be this hardcore chic (whatever). I believe her potty mouth is part of her gig, however, this is inexcusable. She is supposed to be a professional and should take her young listeners into consideration.

St. Louis is the largest small town in America. I'm sure Matt can attest to that. What other city can you go to where the first thing people ask you when you meet them is 'Where did you go to high school?'. I'm not kidding. GROWN PEOPLE ask this question. Ok, so I'm 30 and have accomplished so much more in my life and you want to know where I went to high school??? Note: where you went to high school tells other people in St. Louis how affluent you are.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #54
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jennyd, since you are not new to the bb, but that was your first post, welcome to the magical world of posting!! Hopefully that won't be your first and last post. Thanks for the insight into the radio "talent" in your area. It's one thing to have the radio persona as a badass balsy chick, but to used that kind of language to a teenager is really unprofessional and uncalled for. Please stay with us and keep posting!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #55
jennyd
USER INFO »
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome, Teri. I always enjoy reading your posts. I plan to stick around. Thanks, again.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:50 AM   #56
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I'm a little late on this, but I wrote to this bonehead, too. Here it is:

My, my, such a professional response. I'm sending a copy of your response to the station manager as well because I think your boss should know that this is not a proper way to endear yourself to listeners. While people are entitled to their opinions, and you're entitled to yours, expressing this in such a completely unprofessional manner is inexcusable. You should also keep in mind that the person to whom you responded is 15. How on earth did you get a job?
Regarding your inquiry about whether the writer knew what was going on in Scott Stapp's life, how the hell do you know? You should take your own advice and shut the hell up unless you were backstage and saw what happened.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:58 AM   #57
Aimee
USER INFO »
CREED

Welcome jenny! It's always cool to see new names as this CreedFeed family grows! I always go where I feel welcome and stay away from those places I don't, y'know?
About this Traci chick- there are alot of DJ's who put the smack down when it comes to Creed. I used to think that it was the whole "good VS evil" thing that created Creed's persona. But now I think that there is more to it than this.
A band is percieved by the media through the leaks of those surrounding that person. Think Madonna. Think Michael Jackson. So if you knew someone who knows someone who says that Stapp's a huge God freak, you would pass that gossip along. Stereotypes are around for a reason.
These days I tend to think of being a celebrity in terms of how much ass you can kiss. Creed refused to do that in the beginning. Maybe Stapp came off as too aloof, too "higher than thou." Since he's the primary face of the band, peole base the band's reputation around him. (I'm speaking of the media and not of the fans here) That's too bad.
But then Creed proved them wrong, sold a billion albums, broke records left and right, yet still maintained their standoffish mistrust of the media. Who can blame them?
Well, obviously this attitude has betrayed the band and now that they are huge, the entertainment journalists hate them even more. For proving them wrong, for going beyond their lines and lies. Sorry this is so long, but I am so tired of the misunderstanding and the gossip and the rumors and the lies.
As for Stapp's responsibility for where Creed is today, you can make that desicion on your own. But don't jump to conclusions that Stapp is the perfect saint nor the egomaniac asshole that everyone makes him out to be. In this writer's opinion, Scott Stapp is a driven individual who goes for what he wants wholeheartedly without stopping to think of the future. He is consistently living in the now, and most people don't know how to understand such an atypical attitude. I also believe that Creed's fans are some of the most intelligent and soul-searching groups within our culture.
So, keep on dancing children. There is a higher meaning to remember when we're plotting and judging and trying to impress each other. Believe.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jennyd (and Marcos), thanks for the kind words and the insight into the St. Louis radio market. We have some similar-type DJs in the Philly area as well and I've written to a couple of them to chastize their schtick. Ms. Wilde's radio persona is one thing, but taking that to the public outside the radio domain made me sick.

I once called a local DJ to request a Nirvana song. The guy was so rude (part of his on-air persona, no doubt), I couldn't believe it. When he said he wouldn't play the song, I asked why. His response: Because I don't f***ing like you. I was like, whatever, and hung up and promptly e-mailed the station manager and this idiot DJ. They are catering to a supposed *younger* crowd, but I think many of these morons who devise these shows and hire these idiots don't realize that many of the people buying the music and trying to listen to the radio are a lot older than 14 (no offense to 14-year-olds).

Ok, I'm getting off the soapbox...Anyway, I'm glad you decided to post and hope you stick around. As you know, it's fun, spirited place to hang out.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:45 PM   #59
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I wrote The Bitch, too!
I will have to go through my emails to post it, but let's see how balsy she is after she reads her email.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #60
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent, hotforscott. I hope she gets inundated with complaints. Her behavior was despicable.