++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #46
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) You don't think it's possible that maybe those people in the military found doing nothing but exercises dull, and wanted to put their skills to use?
So they got bored of exercises... ok... but I dont find anything admirable about putting your skill to use by killing innicent people.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:05 PM   #47
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) So they got bored of exercises... ok... but I dont find anything admirable about putting your skill to use by killing innicent people.
If I remember correctly, they only intentionally kill those "civilians" who attack them first. Believe it or not, the American military is not dumb enough to intentionally kill innocent peeps. Now, when Saddam used people as human shields, and when vigilantes strap bombs to themselves and approach soldiers as innocent citizens or fire on convoys in an attempt to demoralize the troops and the American people, then wouldn't you say retaliation is warranted? And I find nothing innocent about Saddam's treatment, past and present, of the Iraqi people. I'm sure they whole world would be so much happier if we just returned Saddam to Iraq and didn't give a rat's ass anymore about the WMD capabilities of heinous dictators. I mean, I know we're a superpower and all, but isolationism is fantabulous!

Old 03-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #48
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) So they got bored of exercises... ok... but I dont find anything admirable about putting your skill to use by killing innicent people.
Putting your skills to use by killing innocent people??? Do you think that's what they learn in basic training? Do you think they do maneuvers centered around the practice of killing innocent people?? You have a lot to learn about this country and the men and women in the military. Contrary to YOUR beliefs, they aren't all hate mongers, baby killers and mindless drones.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #49
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) You have a lot to learn about this country and the men and women in the military. Contrary to YOUR beliefs, they aren't all hate mongers, baby killers and mindless drones.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #50
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
so, what's up with the oil. leech, you always rant about this. if you know so much, where is the oil?
Old 03-06-2004, 03:38 AM   #51
Lechium
USER INFO »
When you invade another country you ALWAYS kill innocent civillians in process... that's a fact, it had alwasy been that way and will alwasy be like that... check out history, so dont tell me that this country is so special that they didnt kill any inocent civilians in Iraq. There are alwasy accidents, but dont think that familys of people who die in these accidents feel any better knowing that there was no real intention to kill these people.

Also about those who shot first... you know when another country's amy is invading your city saying that they're in charge here now, many people will take up the arms, but I guess when American amy invades that is called liberation, and when non-Americans defend they are 'evil doers'. Come on people, invasion is invasion, no matter what offical reason is, no matter which country commences it.

P.S. about 'you have to learn more about this country'... hmmm Vietnam... ummmm village of My Lai... if I'm not mistaken American troops had slaughtered dozen of innocent civillians there for no reason and Nixon had pardoned officer who commenced that slaughter afterwards... look I like this country but its no saint, just like any other one.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:39 AM   #52
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) so, what's up with the oil. leech, you always rant about this. if you know so much, where is the oil?

Things like that take time.. many oil wells were destroyed, that have to rebuild a lot, reistablish contracts and such... oil will come, just not right away. Some things take time.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #53
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) P.S. about 'you have to learn more about this country'... hmmm Vietnam... ummmm village of My Lai... if I'm not mistaken American troops had slaughtered dozen of innocent civillians there for no reason and Nixon had pardoned officer who commenced that slaughter afterwards... look I like this country but its no saint, just like any other one.

Nothing is as black and white as you make it out to be. Those soldiers didn't just go in there and kill 'innocent' civilians for kicks. And let's do a comparison between your motherland and mine, shall we leech? Tell me again why you're living in my country as opposed to yours? How much better was it over in Russia? Tell me about your quality of life over there?

Old 03-06-2004, 12:51 PM   #54
JenRN
USER INFO »
This is exhausting even reading. Right on Teri, as usual! Some things you just can't get across to people, I am not even going to get into a "pissing contest" with this anymore. As many supposed "facts" you have about Bush I can give you dates and "issues" the Clinton administration had that were VERY SHADY. Gee.....people paying to stay in the Lincoln room of the white house to benefit the democratic party, a witness in a past case of Clinton's lies as govenor of Arkansas "mysteriously" dying in a helicopter crash 2 days before he is to testify. Hmmmm..... gee when are we ever going to realize here that we are arguing about politics, is it even worth it? As far as I am concerned they all are a bunch of freaking liars As far as the USA, well I would not live anywhere else, and I will support our troops to the hilt no matter what administration they are under!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-06-2004, 01:00 PM   #55
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Nothing is as black and white as you make it out to be. Those soldiers didn't just go in there and kill 'innocent' civilians for kicks. And let's do a comparison between your motherland and mine, shall we leech? Tell me again why you're living in my country as opposed to yours? How much better was it over in Russia? Tell me about your quality of life over there?

First of all I did reasearch about My Lai, and yeah it seems like they did kill these villagers just for kicks. I understand why -- war does fuck with people minds and sometimes they just explode and do irrational things -- but facts are still facts.

Also the whole question about Russia is really out of nowhere... I said I like this country better, ist this enough? As for Russia I can tel you even more horrid things about that country. If you love the country it does not mean that you close your eye on its shortcommings. That's not love, thats blind stupid zeal.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #56
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) First of all I did reasearch about My Lai, and yeah it seems like they did kill these villagers just for kicks. I understand why -- war does fuck with people minds and sometimes they just explode and do irrational things -- but facts are still facts.
Wow, I didn't realize you got your PhD in psychology and know what makes people do the irrational things they do. Yes, you said it SEEMS they killed villagers just for kicks. I thought you were intelligent enough to know that things aren't always what they seem. If you were there, and saw first-hand what actually happened, I'd trust and respect your 'opinion'. But you weren't, and I don't. I also know that my husband IS in the military and knows probably a warehouse full of information more than you do about the American military, it's background and history. So I'll pass on the history lessons from you, thank you very much.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) Also the whole question about Russia is really out of nowhere... I said I like this country better, ist this enough? As for Russia I can tel you even more horrid things about that country. If you love the country it does not mean that you close your eye on its shortcommings. That's not love, thats blind stupid zeal.
Well, my point is, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Unless you come from a country that was perfect, don't go knocking mine.

Old 03-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #57
CreedH8er
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Wow, I didn't realize you got your PhD in psychology and know what makes people do the irrational things they do. Yes, you said it SEEMS they killed villagers just for kicks. I thought you were intelligent enough to know that things aren't always what they seem. If you were there, and saw first-hand what actually happened, I'd trust and respect your 'opinion'. But you weren't, and I don't. I also know that my husband IS in the military and knows probably a warehouse full of information more than you do about the American military, it's background and history. So I'll pass on the history lessons from you, thank you very much.

Well, my point is, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Unless you come from a country that was perfect, don't go knocking mine.
Because Christ sacrificed his flesh
On the cross for me
But this world is hard,
It's cruel and I wish it could be...
Softer to me
I'm still alive. That much is true
I've never lied, well, I guess I've told a few.
There's nothing to see because I brought nothing to show.

I'm like Han Solo, I'm always stroking my own wookie.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:07 PM   #58
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Well, my point is, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Unless you come from a country that was perfect, don't go knocking mine.

Teri, you're my hero!!!!! Or heroine, as the case may be.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:22 AM   #59
Lechium
USER INFO »
What is your problem Teri?

a) are you saying that slaughter in My Lai was not military killing civillians just for kicks? If you're saying that than you dont know your own countries history. Sad. Or you just cannot admit that american military could perform a war crime? All other countries can but yours cant? Man someone's closeminded.

b) I though that one of best things about America is freedom of speech, yet you seem to think that freedomo of speech is "you're free to say things I like, and not things I dont"... wtf?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #60
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The killings that happened there were not state-sanctioned terrorism, and the men who were responsible were prosecuted.

Quote: I though that one of best things about America is freedom of speech, yet you seem to think that freedomo of speech is "you're free to say things I like, and not things I dont"... wtf?
That's the beauty of this country. People like you, born in other countries who flee to America for a better life are free to turn around and trash the very place that accepts you with open arms.