++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #16
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
julie, in the nature of man, I mean is man sinful or somehting like that.

And no, man was not created to stand my his wife. the wife was created to stand by the man. first man was created, and then woman to be the mans helper. look it up in Genesis.

Man is supposed to be the provider, but I do not think that that was his sole purpose in his creation in the least.
Oh Ya! Thanks for correcting me on that one Wadrick I mixed them up there
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-05-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
cool deal
Old 05-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #18
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
okayyyy, sorry, but you're making it sound like man is free to do what he wants, he has no responsibility, but his wife must stick with him? Yes the woman was created as a helper to the man, but if Adam had ditched Eve do you think God would be happy? The marriage vow goes both ways.

Wadrick - believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution. Why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six 'lengths of time' as the word 'day' in the original Hebrew can also mean? Don't assume that everything that's not exactly what you believe is a support for the complete opposite. And must you be so rudely demanding? If someone chooses not to post their replies to your little thing, that is no reason to critisize and demean them and accuse them of being ashamed of what they believe in. Maybe they just don't want to post......?
Old 05-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #19
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Re: Answer these questions to determine your World View

1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?
Yes - one God, a loving, powerful, wise and just God. (John 17:3, 1 John 4:8, Isaiah 40:26, Job 9:4, Psalms 37:28)

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?
God created the universe, with Earth meant to be as a perfect world for humans to inhabit and enjoy. (Genesis 1:1, 27, 28)

3. What is the essential nature of man?
Humans were created to enjoy life and worship the true God. Since things were screwed a bit, it's hard to enjoy life sometimes and we are all sinners - all inherently, all from sinning some time in our lives. Some try not to sin, but none are successful. (Genesis 1:28, Revelation 4:11, Romans 5:12, Romans 7:19, 21)

4. What is the cause of evil and suffering?
The Devil chose to resist God and try to be equal with Him, turning others away from God. This, together with humans' sinfulness, has resulted in the evil and the consequential suffering we see today. (John 8:44, Proverbs 1:32, Galatians 6:7)

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?
We were created to follow God's laws, some of which we all try to follow and some of which seem to have been completetly thrown out the window. (Isaiah 48:17, Exodus 20:13, 1st Corinthians 10:8)

6. What happens to man at death?
The soul, the life of a person, dies. The deceased goes back to dust and stays there unless God chooses to resurrect them after Armageddon. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, Psalms 146:4, Ezekial 18:4, Revelation 20:4, 6, Acts 24:15, John 5:28, 29)

7. What is the meaning of History?
To teach and remind ourselves not to make the same mistakes - but because of our current sinfulness, it doesn't really work. (Proverbs 1:32, Galatians 6:7)
Old 05-10-2003, 09:17 AM   #20
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
And another thing, according to Christianity, God created evil.  So, blaming it on Adam and the apple is a bit naive.

Not sure which 'Christianity' you're goin by, but God created an angel, who abused the free will given to him, became the Devil, caused a lot of crap to happen...basically, it's impossible for the true God to have 'created evil'. John 8:44, Deuteronomy 32:4, Psalms 5:4.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #21
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
I just messed this whole thing up. I deleted it accidentally, and screw me. I am ticked off at myself, hold on till I can repsond to you againd
Old 05-11-2003, 12:50 AM   #22
Lechium
USER INFO »
God created everything.
Evil is part of everything.
Therfore God created evil.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:13 PM   #23
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
i made a cake. It went mouldy. Did i create mould?
Old 05-11-2003, 09:17 PM   #24
Lechium
USER INFO »
If you create cake in a vacuum it would nto go moldy, because mold spores that floats in the air would not get moldy. Cake got moldy in yoru case because of an outside infuence.

God however created EVRYTHING, so there is no way something from outside could infuence it.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:01 AM   #25
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
God gave everyone free will. If they choose to use that free will to cause trouble for others, is God responsible? the Devil, once an angel, had free will like all the others and chose to do what he did, resulting in the evil in the world today. God has made arrangements to get rid of this evil, but God is not responsible for the evil. Otherwise we could all just murder anyone and say "oh it's not my fault, God gave me free will and it doesn't matter how i use it, cos it's all God's fault, he's the one who gave it to me" which i understand some people actually do use as an excuse for their actions...
Old 05-12-2003, 01:12 AM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa
<b>God gave everyone free will. &nbsp;If they choose to use that free will to cause trouble for others, is God responsible? &nbsp;the Devil, once an angel, had free will like all the others and chose to do what he did, resulting in the evil in the world today. &nbsp;God has made arrangements to get rid of this evil, but God is not responsible for the evil. &nbsp;Otherwise we could all just murder anyone and say "oh it's not my fault, God gave me free will and it doesn't matter how i use it, cos it's all God's fault, he's the one who gave it to me" which i understand some people actually do use as an excuse for their actions... </b>

stole my words!
Old 05-12-2003, 02:01 PM   #27
souldancer
USER INFO »
UF...enjoyed and appreciated your answers!
Old 05-12-2003, 03:01 PM   #28
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
do you mean free will as unto salvation? or just free will in general - everyone can do what they want?

well, we do not have free will unto salvation, but we do have free will in general in a sense. we can do what we want, but it has all been planned and maped out by god what we would do.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:59 PM   #29
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Don't know what you mean by 'free will unto salvation' please explain?

Well i don't believe in fate, or that God has mapped everything out. So i say free will as in total free will, with consequences should we choose the wrong course. If our lives are mapped out, our choices already made for us, that is not free will. That is making us little robots who must do what God says, rather than loving worshippers who do it because they want to.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #30
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
"free will unto salvation" means that we choose wather we go to heaven or hell. In other words, we have to choice to get ourselves to heaven. That is not correct. God has said many times that he calls and chooses us, and that he foreknew us before the foundation of the world. If you believe that man has free will in that sense, the best arguement is this: we, who are evil, (which is the nature of all human beings, Romans 3:23) cannot choose God, Romans 3:11. Free will means that we chose weather we are saved or not. well being saved is choosing God, and we cannot choose God, because God says that none seeks after God.

I have posted this answer several times. God has laid out the paths of us before the foundation of the world. he foreknew us, and predetermined what we would dp before the foundation of the earth, and the universe. The Bible says that several time. lookit up in your or a bible that you can get, but it is there.

does all that make sense?